Page 205 of 902 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yea, I'm not as sure as some are that Omega will leave or be kicked out The Elite. And it's far from clear Kenny will even need any time off (which then might necessitate a breakup).

People read too much into the Buck's "nod" at Page, the Bucks can simply (cowardly) claim to Kenny that they only did that because Page threatened them so seriously. The way it looked to me is that the Bucks wanted to help Kenny, but (like cowardly heels) cowarded out (not that they turned on Kenny so much).

Of course there could be a big breakup or betrayal, but I just have no idea and they could go in a lot of different directions with all this.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-15-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, I'm not as sure as some are that Omega will leave or be kicked out The Elite. And it's far from clear Kenny will even need any time off (which then might necessitate a breakup).

People read too much into the Buck's "nod" at Page, the Bucks can simply (cowardly) claim to Kenny that they only did that because Page threatened them so seriously. The way it looked to me is that the Bucks wanted to help Kenny, but (like cowardly heels) cowarded out (not that they turned on Kenny so much).

Of course there could be a big breakup or betrayal, but I just have no idea and they could go in a lot of different directions with all this.
    In the New Japan days, Adam Cole tried to take control of the bullet club away from Kenny. Kenny gave him the boot before he could enact the plan (this served as his exit when he signed to WWE). I can see them revisit this plot with Kenny being out on injury and Cole stepping up to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder who Roman can even lose the belt too at this point. He's already beaten the guy who could have done it (Balor) and Big E is already WWE champion.
    Rumor is he will keep it till WrestleMania in Los Angeles in 2023, where he will drop it to the Rock. Another 18 months of him and the USO's beating down someone to end Smackdown every week while Paul Heyman just stands there and holds the title.

Ultimate Member

The problem with 2023 is that by then I'd think that he wouldn't have anybody left to wrestle, and for that long people would stop caring or getting their hopes up and all. People would start not to care who he was wrestling against because they'd know that he wouldn't lose...

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Rumor is he will keep it till WrestleMania in Los Angeles in 2023, where he will drop it to the Rock. Another 18 months of him and the USO's beating down someone to end Smackdown every week while Paul Heyman just stands there and holds the title.
    What does it do to drop to the Rock? That feud does not need to belt to feel important

What does it do to drop to the Rock? That feud does not need to belt to feel important
    But the belt needs the feud.

WWE has really messed up their titles lately.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

With Jay Lethal joining, AEW's roster is getting really, really bloated with quality.

For AEW to capitalize on the star appeal of the guys they've signed they're going to have put straps on them.

I really don't know how they're going to do this but it's something they're going to have figure out.

You can only have Punk and Danielson feud with mid to upper mid card guys for so long. If AEW is going to move the needle, they're going to have to put their titles on established names.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The problem with 2023 is that by then I'd think that he wouldn't have anybody left to wrestle, and for that long people would stop caring or getting their hopes up and all. People would start not to care who he was wrestling against because they'd know that he wouldn't lose...
    we are all kind of there now. He isn't losing anytime soon. Maybe Mania but highly doubt that. Him and the Uso's just beat his opponent down every time he wrestlers, no reason to watch any of his matches.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I know I'm in the minority of this, but I just don't think Omega and Page click in the ring. The ending was the right call, and it was a great moment, but the match itself was lacking and they just don't gel well together. I felt the same after their tournament finals last year. They were fantastic as a tag team, though.
    I have to agree. The match ratings...I haven't agreed with. I don't know if it's because of Kenny's injuries, or just lack of chemistry, but I think Page needs to be capable of better and I haven't seen it yet. Maybe Danielson can pull more out of Page.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I have to agree. The match ratings...I haven't agreed with. I don't know if it's because of Kenny's injuries, or just lack of chemistry, but I think Page needs to be capable of better and I haven't seen it yet. Maybe Danielson can pull more out of Page.
    I don't mind Page, but I think one of the issues is that he's always been primarily a tag team guy. Even in NJPW and ROH he mostly did tag matches. He can do good singles matches (his AEW matches with Pac and MJF come to mind), but he just doesn't have the most experience in high-profile singles matches. I do think he can get to that level, though.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    According to konnan's podcast, the people just released by wwe were due to 2 reasons. 1 was that most were unvacinated, with the others released asked for their release before
    No sentence should ever start with that...most wrestling podcasts just exist for content and the Konnan/Disco one is the worst.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    What they are doing is just kicking the ball down the field hoping that someone who draws can get over. Parker Boudreaux or Gabe Stevenson are likely the guys they are eyeing but I don't know if they know how to build stars anymore

Ciampa referencing Steiner math in his promo against Bron is great

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/14...t8gKwuZmQ&s=19

Jinder going Hollywood. He landed a regular role on the ABC series Big Skye
    https://twitter.com/JinderMahal/stat..._eh1ITYnQ&s=19

Ultimate Member

Jinder going Hollywood. He landed a regular role on the ABC series Big Skye
    https://twitter.com/JinderMahal/stat..._eh1ITYnQ&s=19
    Wow, that's good for him.

Can see him playing a lot of "heavys" in action movies.