Page 208 of 902 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So if its sold in 2-10 years you can say...see he sold it ? Lol

Of course you been saying he been selling the company since 2020.
    2yrs seems reasonable. these things take time.

Last edited by BigLbo; 11-19-2021 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So not interested in putting your money where your mouth is?

hey grhyp, i'll bet you a bakers dozen that if wwe does sell they will be totally upfront an honest about it with both talent and fans.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    2yrs seems reasonable. these things take time.

I think if ...IF a sale did happen its gonna be revealed like how months before the Disney/Fox deal was. Your not gonna see a company work behind the scenes for 2 years with no reveal they are going to sell to.____.

It doesn't happen with a big billion dollar corporation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If its oh the company is waiting due to pandemic....well as this points out , they had record revenue in 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ompetitor.html

They seem to be pushing to get $1+ billion in revenue.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

To me they need to let Punk's 1st loss be to Garcia next year. Let his win streak build to a point where you give it to someone your gonna really put a push behind who is on his way. Garcia showed some good things and him beating Punk say ...for the TNT Title and snapping streak be a good touch. MJF and Punk should have some fun ahead.
    I'd give it to a debuting Danhausen who I can see AEW putting over huge

I think if ...IF a sale did happen its gonna be revealed like how months before the Disney/Fox deal was. Your not gonna see a company work behind the scenes for 2 years with no reveal they are going to sell to.____.

It doesn't happen with a big billion dollar corporation.
    sounds like a safe bet then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    I'd give it to a debuting Danhausen who I can see AEW putting over huge
    yes, and make it a squashausen!! nobody would see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    sounds like a safe bet then.

This is what I meant. If the talk of a sale did happen it would go fast. The talk of company looking to sell would have people spring fast.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st...y-sources.html

As shown they have huge revenues right now to do a sale. Releasing John Morrison isn't really holding them back to itching a deal to make the company more attractive.

The moment they bragged up huge 2020 profits they could have pursued a sale then.

So it seems WWE's plan is to release as many wrestlers as they can in hopes that AEW will pick them up until they over spend and falls apart? Also, I feel sorry for the WWE 2K 22 video game developers, it must be hell trying to keep track of which wrestlers can be in the game and which they have to remove due to all the releases SMH.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 11-19-2021 at 06:30 AM.

This is what I meant. If the talk of a sale did happen it would go fast. The talk of company looking to sell would have people spring fast.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st...y-sources.html

As shown they have huge revenues right now to do a sale. Releasing John Morrison isn't really holding them back to itching a deal to make the company more attractive.

The moment they bragged up huge 2020 profits they could have pursued a sale then.
    i never thought of it like that. people made it sound like a shitload of talent has released not just johnny holmes. no way 1 guy is going to make a difference.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There's definitely a disconnect between the budget/HR folks and the creative side.
    Yeah, it looks far too chaotic.

Regardless of what is happening (sale or not), this doesn't look like an organized company at all.

WWE's licensing partners must be pulling their hair out because the company simply does not have a stable roster.

It's not about revenue in regards to talent. It's about ease of transition. Less staff = less to deal with upon transition, even more so when each of that staff has an individual contract.

As someone that's been an employee of a company that was being bought out, the amount of staff cutting an cleaning up the budget is insane.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Will Ospreay on his AEW chances (along with a surprising jab at AEW):
    “I’m always open to it because it does interest me, but until it’s actually an option and it’s in front of me, I have no interest in doing anything else outside of what New Japan wants for me. I am a New Japan guy. Even though I’m a shithead half the time and an asshole to deal with, I do genuinely care about the company and where it goes. I think the company would be so much better with me and all my friends at the forefront of New Japan’s future.

Sorry in advance, but things have to change, and I’m going to do it my way. In terms of that forbidden door, sure, if it’s open, but I think it’s only open for 50-year-old blokes at this rate. By the time I’m 40, I’ll be able to make my debut.”
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/11...ing-up-in-aew/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

WWE has offered a very large deal to Johnny Gargano

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ohnny-gargano/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Dear god I hope he refuses it. AEW would do so much more for him. Dream matches galore.

If this WWE offer doesn't include freedom to work NJPW (since we know Danielson got that as part of his WWE offer that he rejected), and Johnny takes it anyway, then I'll be really disappointed.

Sadly though, I blindly predict Johnny resigns with WWE.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-19-2021 at 08:55 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ohnny-gargano/
    He needs to refuse it.

WWE is far too unstable and the "promised rewards" might not last for more than a few weeks.