Page 218 of 902 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    How do yo do it and not turn into WWE-lite? That's what happens to every promotion when they try to become mainstream.
    I don't know, I don't have all the answers, don't know how to thread all the needles, but it seems to me like WWE will always win (and their winning could threaten the existence and finances of other promotions) if promotions perpetually feel afraid to try to be "mainstream" simply for fear of being labled by some as "WWE-lite."

There were certain years or certain aspects of WCW where I think they weren't "WWE-lite" per se, but their own thing (can maybe say the same about TNA), and I think AEW is already its own thing thankfully, but I think AEW still can find some higher ratings and market share like WCW once had while not betraying its core vision of being a wrestling-first promotion.

I don't see how AEW finding its own version of successful audience-growing stories like (the equivalents of) the nWo or Goldberg will necessarily render it WWE-lite.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-08-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So basically Danielson has echoed the belief a lot of us (myself included) have said that the WWE began hoarding talent with really no long term plan for said talent once AEW launched. Its only now they realized they had too much and not enough spots ahead with what they needed. Plus with changes to NXT back into the old early 2000's era mindset that seems to have played out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    And I think Bischoff and I share similar opinions on why AEW could do even better overall, pull more fans in:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...f-wwe-and-aew/

How do yo do it and not turn into WWE-lite? That's what happens to every promotion when they try to become mainstream. Which also results in a slippage of the die hard audience they lost in the first place...[/QUOTE]

Putting out an engaging product that people will want to watch. Something they're (mostly) doing right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't know, I don't have all the answers, don't know how to thread all the needles, but it seems to me like WWE will always win (and their winning could threaten the existence and finances of other promotions) if promotions perpetually feel afraid to try to be "mainstream" simply for fear of being labled by some as "WWE-lite."

There were certain years or certain aspects of WCW where I think they weren't "WWE-lite" per se, but their own thing (can maybe say the same about TNA), and I think AEW is already its own thing thankfully, but I think AEW still can find some higher ratings and market share like WCW once had while not betraying its core vision of being a wrestling-first promotion.

I don't see how AEW finding its own version of successful audience-growing stories like (the equivalents of) the nWo or Goldberg will necessarily render it WWE-lite.
    I agree with this.

The early days of TNA were very good and it wasn't WWE-lite. I would argue very strongly that TNA went to sh!t when they tried to become WWE-lite.

Pre-Bischoff WCW wasn't WWE-lite but unfortunately, they were pretty far behind WWE. I would even argue that post-NWO-explosion that WCW wasn't really very much like WWE at the time.

I think we as fans need to see the forest for the trees, AEW has done very well to garner the ratings that they have now and in such a short space of time. AEW now is definitely not WWE-lite and they've done excellently well to cultivate a solid and devoted fan base. I think AEW just need to play their cards right with their booking decisions and not "book against the fans" like WWE has done to maintain their growth.

There's a way to grow and go mainstream without necessarily becoming WWE-lite. AEW is very much on track in this regard.

Big L Bo's 4 step plan

1)pay no attention to the bitchoff's, corny's, russo's etc of the world.
    2)continue to put out a quality product YOUR FANS enjoy and are not ashamed to tell and even show others
    3)don't worry about growing the audience yet
    4)let nature take it's course

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Big L Bo's 4 step plan

1)pay no attention to the bitchoff's, corny's, russo's etc of the world.
    2)continue to put out a quality product YOUR FANS enjoy and are not ashamed to tell and even show others
    3)don't worry about growing the audience yet
    4)let nature take it's course
    Your plan is to ignore the advice of people who have been successful in their industries?

I wish 2K would start giving us an Alumni section of wrestlers as well as Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I wish 2K would start giving us an Alumni section of wrestlers as well as Legends.
    About half the roster of 2K22 will need to be in a alumni section.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would love to have listened into the production meetings of their dev team as they are swearing up a storm reading the list of all the WWE releases.

No…having worked for the company up to and including the year before the games release definitely doesn’t count as alumni.

WWE has released Jeff Hardy. The company offered him help and rehab but he turned it down.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...68491982090248

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...70352294252546

Jeff is being his own worst enemy again.

Jeff Hardy is All Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Jeff Hardy is All Elite.
    It would be irresponsible of Tony Khan to sign Jeff during a relapse. He shouldn't be all elite until he can get his act together.

Ultimate Member

It would be irresponsible of Tony Khan to sign Jeff during a relapse. He shouldn't be all elite until he can get his act together.
    Exactly this.

Jeff seems to be in a terrible place. He needs time off from the business altogether.

And if he does come back, I hope he's not placed in some stupid, gnarly program where his real life struggles are made part of the storyline.

Astonishing Member

The Twitter fans asking AEW to sign him right now are being ridiculous.