Page 22 of 902 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Just when WWE couldn't get any worse. In a meeting before the Smackdown taping employees were informed that there will be no more promotions, pay raises and bonuses moving forward. Naturally, everyone in the entire company is pissed. WWE has turned working for their company into a dead end job. Keep in mind they made a $1 billion deal to put the WWE Network on Peacock. Trash company
    And yet there are people out there who will still defend the company

Spectacular Member

Just when WWE couldn't get any worse. In a meeting before the Smackdown taping employees were informed that there will be no more promotions, pay raises and bonuses moving forward. Naturally, everyone in the entire company is pissed. WWE has turned working for their company into a dead end job. Keep in mind they made a $1 billion deal to put the WWE Network on Peacock. Trash company
    I have to ask. why do you care?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Cornette a week or 2 ago on his podcast joked about how the atmosphere in WWE now have men and women just happy to be there. That back in the day the WWE paid royalties to people for VHS sales and then it went to DVD sales. That if you were on say , "Undertakers Best Matches" DVD you got a royalty from that. But with the rise of the network the DVD sales aren't there anymore and a lot is just going to the network now. So the talent was already losing that with the WWE Network deal.

Now in the old days talent would demand to know where this was going and push for their royalties etc. But the atmosphere has changed so much its not the same where the people working now are busy telling us all how happy they are to just be in WWE. That they won't rock the boat or anything.

Cornette detailed a comical story where he discovered years ago he was on a DVD set about managers. He was on the cover and it had footage from Crockett/WCW and elsewhere. He ended up getting his royalty owed to him for that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    WWE is fing over it's workers/Stars and there familys again! how can you not care?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Because I have empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The New Japan show was pretty good.

They went back to White vs. Naito back in Jan 2020. The commentary seemed different to me. There was a few new camera cuts that shielded a few strike botches that showed daylight. NJPW is recutting shows like WWE now.

All in all, seems like a good show to get caught up on New Japan.
    i'm going to try and do some catching up. i'm so far behind on NJPW it's not even funny.

good question. i'll never understand why people care about anything that effects anyone besides themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    WWE is fing over it's workers/Stars and there familys again! how can you not care?
    Their stars are under whatever contract they are negotiated for. It's the grunt workers that work for WWE corporate getting the shaft.

Very disappointing.

did anybody watch the impact ppv??

and what's the status with NJPW and RoH now that NJPW is working with AEW and impact??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    did anybody watch the impact ppv??

and what's the status with NJPW and RoH now that NJPW is working with AEW and impact??
    It was tentative at best even before the travel restrictions went into place. Been non-existent since.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

And yet there are people out there who will still defend the company
    If I could go back and undo my (freebie) network membership, I would. WWE makes no direct money from me, but they can monetize the registration.

I watch Smackdown, and occasional pay-per-views over a friend's house. But, I don't give them anything beyond that.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Because about 99% of companies in the world do that. The company I work for isnt paying bonuses despite being proftable in the last year.

I very much doubt you care about that. and do you think the staffers at WWE care about whether you recieve bonues or promotions or raises? Because if you do, I have some shocking news for you...

Because I have empathy.
    Sure you do.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, I’d say part of the reason WWE comes off worse is because even when playing “by the rules” of trying to get good press, they tend to suck as a company towards the employees anyways, and while still generally putting out what will inevitably become a pan inferior product compared to their actual potential.

People begrudge McMahon finding ways to waste talent, lose ratings, be a dick, and still make a profit all at the same time, because it often feels like he fails his way to financial success and damages the industry in doing so.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 02-15-2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

people love to whine and complain about wwe. this just adds fuel to the fire. if it wasn't about this, it would have been other things

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sure you do.
    How the bottom of the boot taste?

Because about 99% of companies in the world do that. The company I work for isnt paying bonuses despite being proftable in the last year.

I very much doubt you care about that. and do you think the staffers at WWE care about whether you recieve bonues or promotions or raises? Because if you do, I have some shocking news for you...

Sure you do.
    Ya I do care I think the better question is why you don't care?