Page 223 of 902 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The rumor is at Winter is Coming or whatever the event is called...were gonna see the debut of Bray Wyatt in AEW. No idea how true that is.

Now onto some news here. No idea if Ric Flair is trying to "work" fans here to make it where he's never expected to return ever. But on his podcast he has told Mark Madden he is not looking to ever return to wrestling again. That he is making more money than ever doing his podcast , selling merch and making personal appearances now. That his deal for podcast was great.

Also he told Vince McMahon on leaving , he will not sign with AEW unless he gets a stupid offer from Khan he can't refuse. That he's had no talks with Tony Khan and isn't looking to work anywhere right now. That he's not interested in returning to WWE either.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The rumor is at Winter is Coming or whatever the event is called...were gonna see the debut of Bray Wyatt in AEW. No idea how true that is.
    Didn't he show up at Final Battle?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, that was the Titan. I totally misread what you wrote! I thought it said Braun.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't think AEW books pure heel vs. face for much of anything ... they let the fans decide.
    Danielson put himself in the heel position. He's insulting fans, he has systemically taken out the dark order because of their association with Page and has question Page as a question. Danielson has taken a definitive stance on alignment in this program.

Honestly Page should have wrestled someone in this time. You could have had Danielson tease Page about making it to this week. That if he loses the belt before , he's a loser like he believes. You could have thrown Pac or someone at Page in a quick title defense during the weeks of build. Nothing major....just give Page a match in this span. Its kinda shoddy booking here as the angle is more or less making Danielson a threat sure , but its making the new World Champion kinda weak to just be setting back on sidelines.

it's all perspective i suppose. page has been willing to fight brianson every week, and brianson could've already got his shot but he's chosen beat up the weaker members of dark order to get a psychological edge. page could've had a throwaway match in the meantime but it would've been just that, throwaway. i would've rather they put hangman in a tag or 6man at some point. i don't think he needs to wrestle every week but yeah i'd like to see the champ a bit more active .

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it's all perspective i suppose. page has been willing to fight brianson every week, and brianson could've already got his shot but he's chosen beat up the weaker members of dark order to get a psychological edge. page could've had a throwaway match in the meantime but it would've been just that, throwaway. i would've rather they put hangman in a tag or 6man at some point. i don't think he needs to wrestle every week but yeah i'd like to see the champ a bit more active .
    Sure a tag or 6 man would have been nice. But a small defense to have Danielson come out as commentary to rip on Page in this time. You could have had it where he watches Page win and they tease their match this week as well.

I'd have done a singles match to have Bryan rip on him during the match as a heel.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kevin Owens has signed a new wwe deal

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Sure a tag or 6 man would have been nice. But a small defense to have Danielson come out as commentary to rip on Page in this time. You could have had it where he watches Page win and they tease their match this week as well.

I'd have done a singles match to have Bryan rip on him during the match as a heel.
    Yea, I do think AEW would have served Page better going this route. Probably served the build up and match better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Kevin Owens has signed a new wwe deal
    If AEW can secure Gargano after he takes some time off, then I will be happy enough. I don't need everyone WWE releases.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-15-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If the last two years have shown us anything, it's that there's no such thing as a long-term contract with WWE. But Owens is huge about his family if he feels WWE's offer provides the best for them, I'm not going to question it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Owens likely used the AEW to get a better deal here. His threatening to leave led the WWE into a no win situation after releasing so much talent. He's an over heel and can work with anyone , at any time. So they needed to keep him. Its kinda sad though as programs with Jericho , Moxley , Punk , Danielson , Omega etc would have been great to see. But he's 34 and this is a 2 year deal. So he had time to jump eventually.

The WWE's last big free agent coming up in fall is AJ Styles. So that will be the one Khan likely has a circle around.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The WWE's last big free agent coming up in fall is AJ Styles. So that will be the one Khan likely has a circle around.
    My god, I would be so excited for Styles in AEW. The perfect place to use up the last best years of work he has left in the tank.

He could really help elevate so many AEW talents.

I loved the Styles of TNA and ROH...and I see AEW as like a better version of those, and so it'd be like Styles returning to the world that made his name to begin with.

It'd be Styles unleashed again I think (like with Danielson).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-15-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My god, I would be so excited for Styles in AEW. The perfect place to use up the last best years of work he has left in the tank.

He could really help elevate so many AEW talents.
    AJ would have a run of guys to work with really. Right now with only Drew , Owens , Rollins , Lashley , Big E , Randy Orton , Miz , Edge and Roman ...there isn't really a fresh new match up to do. Plus if the intent of the WWE is to build up new young talent from New NXT its gonna be a few years to build new big Main Event stars to cycle in. Why waste your time waiting there for that when you can go elsewhere and work against a roster of guys to do fresh matches ?

I am much more excited about the prospect of AJ in AEW than Punk.

I'm not even an AJ mark ... but there are so many BIG TIME matches he could be involved in. New, old, remixes, etc. It would be so cool.

I hope that 60 minutes gets the people to shut up.

That was a classic.

It was a great match and its clear the angle is being stretched into the new year. I still believe Hangman should have had a title defense before this to show his defense. Right now the rematch he has to win really which sets that up.