Page 23 of 902 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Because about 99% of companies in the world do that. The company I work for isnt paying bonuses despite being proftable in the last year.

I very much doubt you care about that. and do you think the staffers at WWE care about whether you recieve bonues or promotions or raises? Because if you do, I have some shocking news for you...

Sure you do.
    Based on what you just said, I'm pretty sure that most people reading this actually do care.

It's not nice..ever...to see people not receiving bonuses or promotions. I literally left my last job because I missed out on a promotion (i was lucky enough to get something before leaving though).

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    people love to whine and complain about wwe. this just adds fuel to the fire. if it wasn't about this, it would have been other things
    Yep, if this were any other promotion doing this the reaction would be much more subdued.

Not that what WWE did wasn't a shitty thing to do, it totally was and I can see why everyone's so pissed but I feel like it has more to do with people not liking Vince and WWE as a whole then it does any sincere sympathy for the employees getting screwed. I'm not talking about anyone in this thread just to be clear, just people on wrestling forums in general.

There's an extreme negative reaction to anything bad that happens in WWE vs the exact same thing happening in any other promotion. When JBL being a bullying ******* POS came to light fire JBL trended on twitter and was chanted at shows. Young lions in New Japan meanwhile can be treated in the most vile subhuman ways possible and not a peep from the outrage police. Minoru Suzuki can be a bully all he wants and the internet will still see him as "lovable old murder Grandpa Suzuki."

The people wanting to cancel their WWE Network subscription over this are the same people who'll throw money at whatever Marvel "no grieving father, you can't put Spider-Man on your dead son's grave" Studios does. It's selective outrage and the only reason people are so up in arms is because they aren't happy with the current product. WWE did shady shitty stuff in the Attitude Era too, but it was largely ignored because everyone unanimously loved the company back then, morals be dammed.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 02-16-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Honestly, I can't even sit through the full three hours of Raw anymore. I mostly just look at clips and recaps on social media or Youtube. Smackdown and sometimes AEW are the only wrestling shows I watch. Even those I don't watch weekly, but both are easier to sit through and are better produced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Honestly, I can't even sit through the full three hours of Raw anymore. I mostly just look at clips and recaps on social media or Youtube. Smackdown and sometimes AEW are the only wrestling shows I watch. Even those I don't watch weekly, but both are easier to sit through and are better produced.
    I was a big wrestling fan once and watched everything I could get my hands on. It lasted 20 years. Nowadays I can't even watch a whole episode of raw oder whatever wrestling highlights on YouTube without fast forward.

Without people in the hall, It got worse.

Damn, what happened to me?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I was a big wrestling fan once and watched everything I could get my hands on. It lasted 20 years. Nowadays I can't even watch a whole episode of raw oder whatever wrestling highlights on YouTube without fast forward.

Without people in the hall, It got worse.

Damn, what happened to me?
    Yea I was hardcore when I was younger in the 90s and early 2000's (in my elementary, middle, and early high school years). I remember the talks I would have with friends talking about Raw, Smackdown, WCW. Then as I got into my late teens and early 20's I really shifted towards being a casual fan due to the PG nature and less engaging storylines and stuff, so I only watched sparingly. Also in high school being a comic book fan, video game, and wrestling fan would make you a nerd ( but I didn't care too much). Ever since then, I just been watching off and on ( usually around Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania season ,then fall off again) and attending the live house show or live Smackdown show that comes to area when I can.

If wresting could mix the old attitude era/ Monday night wars vibe and storylines with today's vastly improved in ring skills/ talent, it would definitely make me a avid watcher again.

I mostly read the results and if someone mentions a match or segment is good, I'll watch it. There are a few I'll try to watch live if there's enough on it that interests me, like last weekend's Takeover, but for the most part I don't watch a ton of it live. That's mostly because my schedule doesn't permit it.

Honestly, though, it's allowed me to enjoy it more. Seek out and watch the stuff I like and mostly ignore the stuff I don't.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Yup that's the best way to consume all the wrestling out there these days. Just read highlights and then go watch the segments that you like.

That said, with the pandemic and all, I probably have watched more wrestling in the past year than I ever have. And I don't regret it. So much good stuff out there right now, this is a renaissance of wrestling and I wish more people were watching.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yup that's the best way to consume all the wrestling out there these days. Just read highlights and then go watch the segments that you like.

That said, with the pandemic and all, I probably have watched more wrestling in the past year than I ever have. And I don't regret it. So much good stuff out there right now, this is a renaissance of wrestling and I wish more people were watching.
    Without a real crowd something is missing. Wrestling lives from that, like soccer or other sports. Damn, we have to get that back.

agree on not being able to get thru the 3 hours of Raw anymore. Still think its an hour too long. But talking about actual Wrestling, where are both the main titles headed towards for Mania? Edge doesn't seem to figure into each title, unless they have him versus Orton, but Orton I can see versus an revamped / retooled Fiend at Mania. Edge vs McIntyre doesn't seem to make sense. And Smackdown doesn't seem to have any legit contenders for Reigns at this point either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I haven't been watching any wrestling shows. I have been checking results from youtubers who's jobs are to watch those shows. I haven't found WWE and AEW exciting to watch at all. I just watch PPVs if I do catch a show.

Ultimate Member

I only watch YouTube for wrestling results.

I can’t watch 2 let alone 3 hours of wrestling anymore. I don’t even watch full pay-per-views, I generally look out for the results first then watch the matches that interest me after.

My overall wrestling consumption has gone way down.

Yea for me around this time (Royal Rumble leading into WrestleMania) is the only time out of the year I watch wrestling content on the regular. I will watch Raw and Smackdown after Mania for surprise call ups or returns and then fall off from the product and only just watch clips on social media or YouTube here and there. Then start watching again once Royal Rumble/ WrestleMania season come around again rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-17-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This came up on Cornette's podcast and he basically said it best...

- The company right now is at a point where its so successful they won't miss anyone quitting. That no one is "the A+ Star" in the company anymore like the old days so they can do this and not worry. That the big deals with Fox etc have made the WWE a company that will never have to worry about going outta business.

He did bring up a comical story where in 1995 Vince McMahon was trying to hire him full time away from Smokey Mountain. That he had done appearances there but Vince was telling him , if the SMW thing doesn't work out come to work for me. So finally by late 1995 he realized the company was going down and he needed to make some money. No way could he go to WCW so he called up and they gave him a contract. Which wasn't high for an office deal , but he accepted it cause he had bills to pay. Plus he'd make money being an onscreen character as well. (he signed in 1996)

- What he didn't know then was the fact the company had went through its 1st money losing year in 1995 since the entire expansion era he started in 1980s. And weeks earlier Vince McMahon had started pay cuts and more before he signed. J.J Dillion had quit and signed with WCW then. So he didn't know about this til he came in. Things were so tight then they had water cooler removed at work to cut costs. And these cost cuttings stayed in effect for a few years til they really started making money.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Yep, if this were any other promotion doing this the reaction would be much more subdued.

Not that what WWE did wasn't a shitty thing to do, it totally was and I can see why everyone's so pissed but I feel like it has more to do with people not liking Vince and WWE as a whole then it does any sincere sympathy for the employees getting screwed. I'm not talking about anyone in this thread just to be clear, just people on wrestling forums in general.

There's an extreme negative reaction to anything bad that happens in WWE vs the exact same thing happening in any other promotion. When JBL being a bullying ******* POS came to light fire JBL trended on twitter and was chanted at shows. Young lions in New Japan meanwhile can be treated in the most vile subhuman ways possible and not a peep from the outrage police. Minoru Suzuki can be a bully all he wants and the internet will still see him as "lovable old murder Grandpa Suzuki."

The people wanting to cancel their WWE Network subscription over this are the same people who'll throw money at whatever Marvel "no grieving father, you can't put Spider-Man on your dead son's grave" Studios does. It's selective outrage and the only reason people are so up in arms is because they aren't happy with the current product. WWE did shady shitty stuff in the Attitude Era too, but it was largely ignored because everyone unanimously loved the company back then, morals be dammed.
    rather than some global conspiracy to hold wwe to a higher standard it's more likely to do with awareness. fewer people watch the other promotions and even fewer follow the behind the scenes on-goings of those promotions. on top of that wwe's got a documented history of doing shitty things that reaches back further than the other promotions.

anyways just found out shuan ricker/eli drake is signed with nxt. i hope they do something with him this time around, still can't understand how they did nothing with that guy the last time he was signed with them. he basically checks all the boxes wwe looks for in a wrestler.

supposedly wwe went on a signing spree recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I'll watch some AEW on youtube. A lot of it probably is not current. I've seen some Kip Sabian, Joey Janella, Penelope Ford and Tessa Blanchard matches. Then I heard a bunch of Jim Cornette videos where he cuts it down and talks about how it's amateur night with people with no training or talent. But I like it. Just saw a Ford match where her opponent totally failed to sell her finisher- horrible reaction time- and Ford realized it. Instead of going for the pin with the crowd laughing, she went for a different finisher that she could totally control.
    Power with Girl is better.