Page 234 of 902 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is one area Tony Khan should have sit down and thought better. Yes...brag up AEW's diversity and that works. But do not float out how you feel someone isn't a good enough wrestler as some reason they aren't there right now.

I think a statement after the diversity deal should have been...

"As owner of AEW I believe in allowing talent to have a lot more creative freedom than other companies allow. I am sorry Big Swole did not like this approach."

"It is true our talent roster has grown the past 2 years. Changes in the pro wrestling landscape has allowed a number of talented workers to come to AEW. We try to give every talent a chance to be successful in AEW."

That should have been Khan's statements.
    Exactly.

Tony Khan shouldn’t have reacted like that. Discussions around diversity are very sensitive and yes, AEWs roster isn’t that diverse (the women’s side is the men’s side is NOT) and Khan comes across as overly defensive in that response.

Worse still was listing the handful of diverse talent on the roster. I’m not saying that Khan isn’t aware of these issues (hes of Pakistani descent himself, I’m sure he is) just that his response won’t help the situation.

EDIT: And yeah, Tony Khan is getting blowback on Twitter. No surprise there.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-31-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jade Cargill is a developmental prospect. She had her first match in March of this year. She has a pass.
    She shouldn't have a pass. Developmental talent should not be in tournament finals over the likes of Thunder Rosa, Shida, Deeb and Statlander. It makes the entire division look weak. She should be on Dark and Elevation until she has the experience she needs.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    She shouldn't have a pass. Developmental talent should not be in tournament finals over the likes of Thunder Rosa, Shida, Deeb and Statlander. It makes the entire division look weak. She should be on Dark and Elevation until she has the experience she needs.
    That's where she was before the tournament started. Jade has the it factor. She's green but I can see why she's getting a push.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Looking at her comments, Swole has a point about the black representation in AEW. Jade is the only consistently shown/pushed act with maybe The Acclaimed being able to have a case made for them(honestly tho, they job almost every single time they have a match on TV). Private Party? Red Velvet? Might as well be on milk cartons most of the time. Hobbs and Starks? When was the last time either of them had a singles matches on TV? Hell, Hobbs still hasn't had a match on PPV. I'm guessing that Starks' neck may be more jacked than anybody's letting on, but I'm hoping that isn't the case. The Lees and Shawn Dean? They're just there to eat pins. Duante(sp?) Martin? A flavor of the month who's already seen his TV time throttled down.

Completely unrelated note: Roman has COVID and will obviously not be on the show tonight. Brock's apparently been added to the WWE Title match.

Astonishing Member

Lashley and Lesner in the same ring...titanic

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Looking at her comments, Swole has a point about the black representation in AEW. Jade is the only consistently shown/pushed act with maybe The Acclaimed being able to have a case made for them(honestly tho, they job almost every single time they have a match on TV). Private Party? Red Velvet? Might as well be on milk cartons most of the time. Hobbs and Starks? When was the last time either of them had a singles matches on TV? Hell, Hobbs still hasn't had a match on PPV. I'm guessing that Starks' neck may be more jacked than anybody's letting on, but I'm hoping that isn't the case. The Lees and Shawn Dean? They're just there to eat pins. Duante(sp?) Martin? A flavor of the month who's already seen his TV time throttled down.

Completely unrelated note: Roman has COVID and will obviously not be on the show tonight. Brock's apparently been added to the WWE Title match.
    Had a feeling Roman would still test positive after the five day quarantine, what with his compromised immune system.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Will Big E's title Reign fall to Brock just like Kofi's? Vince can't have part timer Brock be Raw Champ can he? I want Lashley as champ feuding with Brock til the Rumble. Brock wins rumble then he jumps back to Roman.

Lesnar once again ends the title reign of a member of the New Day.

As soon as I saw Brock was added to that match, I knew he was winning. Because why make your full-time champion look even better by beating Brock, when Brock can win the belt and maybe show up once or twice a month?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    As soon as I saw Brock was added to that match, I knew he was winning. Because why make your full-time champion look even better by beating Brock, when Brock can win the belt and maybe show up once or twice a month?
    To be fair, Brock has been showing up every week since he came back.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    so, both titles will be held hostage now? Roman may never lose the title now.

Ultimate Member

Unless at the next ppv they just have like a massive eight or ten man field battle royale where the winner or first to get a pin wins the belt, that way Roman could lose and claim that he wasn't actually pinned/defeated...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They should just hold off now on Lesnar vs Roman til Wrestlemania and do a unification match. Just unify the titles and have Roman win to really have him now as the #1 guy complete.

You can always make him lose in a program at next PPV or Summerslam. But they need to think of future here and its Roman.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the biggest issues are ...lack of TV time for talent due to all the people Khan has signed. That she isn't happy with 2-3 minute matches on Dark. (She likely isn't the only one)

Also the lack of diversity at the top. That they have issues with that.

So...its like she grew frustrated with lack of tv time and more.
    i thought swole got more tv time than she deserved when she was healthy. i don't think she's very good to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post

you forgot lio rush & scorpio . there seems to be a lack of top tier black talent available to be honest. i hope they get keith lee and gresham and give them big pushes. who else is out there, aj gray, lee moriarty??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-02-2022 at 04:07 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i thought swole got more tv time than she deserved when she was healthy. i don't think she's very good to be honest.

you forgot lio rush. there seems to be a lack of top tier black talent available to be honest. i hope they get keith lee and gresham and give them big pushes. who else is out there, aj gray, lee moriarty??
    There is Moose at Impact Wrestling. Who would have benefited if Khan had let him appear on AEW and set it up for Omega to lose to him back when he Impact World Champion.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.