Page 237 of 902 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With the price tag on Owens now with what he makes , the WWE has to make Owens a legit main event star there. Or its a massive crazy to sign a guy to that huge a deal and keep em from AEW.
    They gave Braun a massive deal and fired him a few months after he became WWE champion.

There's little rhyme or reason to what's going on at WWE.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They gave Braun a massive deal and fired him a few months after he became WWE champion.

There's little rhyme or reason to what's going on at WWE.
    They also released the Good Brothers after signing them to a big deal. That one was more on Heyman who in the 1st wave of releases in 2020 or 2021 didn't seem to realize Vince McMahon was gonna cut talent lol.

They signed him to that massive deal in July 2019. So he was in the 3rd year of a 4 year deal. From reports his deal was $1.2 million a year. It didn't include merch , video games etc. Do he was making bank awhile.

In the case of Strowman he was signed for a couple years , Owens is on a 2 year deal from reports.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The big question mark for the WWE is AJ Styles in fall 2022. He will fetch a BIG OFFER. He's gonna be the sought after free agent and Khan and Vince are likely gonna throw a lot of money at him. The guy has some years left and its gonna be on him how he wants to spend them. But the WWE has to be aware his deal is coming up and they will be throwing the world at him to stay.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Someone needs to take Khan's Twitter away during drunken New Year's parties lol. Honestly, I thought both Big Swole and Tony Khan had points. Just because you can do better diversity doesn't mean you're a racist or that you're not trying (or you may intentionally trying to be diverse and still can fall short even) It's a very nuanced topic that shouldn't be argued about over a Tweet. Or he could have just ignored it.
    Eh, no he didn't. If Swole had straight-up called him a racist, sure, but that's not what she said.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, no he didn't. If Swole had straight-up called him a racist, sure, but that's not what she said.
    Correct that's not what she said, that's what the fans said.

But it's also not true that AEW has made no strides for diversity, which is the point Khan was trying to make.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Correct that's not what she said, that's what the fans said.

But it's also not true that AEW has made no strides for diversity, which is the point Khan was trying to make.
    When it comes to black wrestlers, AEW really hasn't made any real strides if we're being honest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Odyssey Jones is Transphobic?
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2022/01...al-media-post/

It appears the WWE is gonna quickly run Lesnar vs Lashley the next month or 2. I really hope the long term plan is for Brock and Roman to have that final showdown and unify the belts at Wrestlemania.

It appears the WWE is gonna quickly run Lesnar vs Lashley the next month or 2. I really hope the long term plan is for Brock and Roman to have that final showdown and unify the belts at Wrestlemania.
    No thank you. Lesnar/Reigns has been done to death. It does nothing for either man to beat the other at this point, and I have zero interest in seeing it again. Even more so since none of the matches they've had previously have been all that great to begin with.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    No thank you. Lesnar/Reigns has been done to death. It does nothing for either man to beat the other at this point, and I have zero interest in seeing it again. Even more so since none of the matches they've had previously have been all that great to begin with.
    Need to run it to unify the titles really. Having the Royal Rumble winner face the Wrestlemania winner for the new WWE World title the PPV after would help.

But for Wrestlemania they need a BIG angle and thats it.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed Lesnar vs Lashley is the match/feud to watch. Will Vince figure out a way to eff this up? Probably.

Having the Royal Rumble winner face the Wrestlemania winner for the new WWE World title the PPV after would help.
    Having the Rumble winner get a title shot at Backlash devalues the Rumble. Throwing away almost 30 years of tradition for yet another belt unification isn't worth it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Need to run it to unify the titles really. Having the Royal Rumble winner face the Wrestlemania winner for the new WWE World title the PPV after would help.

But for Wrestlemania they need a BIG angle and thats it.
    The belts don't need to be unified. Unless they end the brand split there's no reason to do it.

Ultimate Member

The Wrestlemania program should have been Lashley vs Lesnar and Reigns vs Drew (because there's no one else).

But with WWE hot-shotting the Lesnar/Lashley program, it's obvious that Lesnar is going to go over Lashley.

Reigns vs Lesnar is pretty pointless at this time and it seems Reigns was supposed to go over him at Day 1. They've met each other enough times, it's a dead-end feud.

I honestly don't know what WWE plans to do at Wrestlemania because at this moment. The covid-19 outbreak has completely messed up whatever it is they planned to do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Wrestlemania program should have been Lashley vs Lesnar and Reigns vs Drew (because there's no one else).

But with WWE hot-shotting the Lesnar/Lashley program, it's obvious that Lesnar is going to go over Lashley.

Reigns vs Lesnar is pretty pointless at this time and it seems Reigns was supposed to go over him at Day 1. They've met each other enough times, it's a dead-end feud.

I honestly don't know what WWE plans to do at Wrestlemania because at this moment. The covid-19 outbreak has completely messed up whatever it is they planned to do.
    I actually was enjoying both Lesnar and Lashley as faces (at least it looked like Lashley was going to turn face) Now one of them has to stay heel.

What happens with the RR winner if Lesnar and Brock are fighting at Mania?