Page 239 of 902 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i hate to tell you this but no, there wasn't. or maybe there was but only in your mind. there was no invasion or attempted takeover, like you said kenny was aligned with impact wrestlers and christian was a face champion.
    Guy shows up in different company , beats World Champion of company aligning with wrestlers there. What do you think this is ?

yeah that makes perfect sense. job out your champion in the middle of an epic title reign so you can claim you put over a black wrestler a year later.
    Guy is wrestling wrestlers from that company as seen. Guy loses to wrestler from company. In your mind equals "job your champion out..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Guy shows up in different company , beats World Champion of company aligning with wrestlers there. What do you think this is ?
    cross promotion, 2 companies working together. is that what you think an inter-promotional war is??

Guy is wrestling wrestlers from that company as seen. Guy loses to wrestler from company. In your mind equals "job your champion out..."

yes. that is called doing a job, he actually did the job for christian(to set up a bigger match in their own company).
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-05-2022 at 04:59 AM.

yes. that is called doing a job, he actually did the job for christian(to set up a bigger match i their own company).
    He dropped the title to Christian , in his company. It wasn't putting the worker over at the company he had basically shown up and invaded taking title from. I mean you know this and all. He more or less "jobbed out" to Christian for no reason ending his EPIC TITLE REIGN.

In one hand you proclaim this for Moose as some slight to Omega , yet seem to use defending it for Christian.

And yes showing up from a different company , aligning yourself with talent could be seen as a guy invading a company to take the top title. Its been seen in wrestling for years. The way Khan played it on TV he wasn't happy with Omega doing this but had to allow it since he was champion.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

There is a difference in "putting someone over" and "jobbing them out" Lbo. In Omega's case had Impact been smart enough they should have pushed for the belt to go to Moose directly. And had Omega put him over and lose the title. He was the guy Impact had spent time on and the goal should have been , we want Omega to put him over at the end either at one of our PPV's or AEW show. Because he's the #1 guy we wanna make.

Someone doing the honors for them and putting them over is seen as a nice move. Its like when Hogan lost to Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI. It was seen as Hogan doing the honors for Warrior and passing the torch. Of course that is a grand scale deal. Here it would have helped Impact a lot because a Champion losing , putting over that top talent from other company is seen as a nice move for them. And Omega was working against Impact wrestlers from Rich Swann , Sami Callihan and some others.

The end goal should have been to have that "guy" put over at some point. The talent there has to be put over by the champion and belt come back.

Christian did it of course and it had little real impact by the time the belt came to Moose as we saw. By the time he dropped it to someone and Moose came out within a few minutes and made his challenge and won. It was....ok this didn't help really.

EDIT : People have brought up Omega was working hurt awhile. The plans should have shifted to Slammiversary and had Moose get it there at least. Since Omega was working hurt awhile and wasn't gonna be able to make it that far.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-05-2022 at 05:01 AM.

He dropped the title to Christian , in his company. It wasn't putting the worker over at the company he had basically shown up and invaded taking title from. I mean you know this and all. He more or less "jobbed out" to Christian for no reason ending his EPIC TITLE REIGN.

uhhhh no. he did the job for christian ending his impact title reign(then he beat christian in an aew title match). when he put over hangman is when his EPIC TITLE REIGN ended.

look up the definition of invade.

In one hand you proclaim this for Moose as some slight to Omega , yet seem to use defending it for Christian.
    because christian works for the same company and it set up a bigger match. very different situations.

And yes showing up from a different company , aligning yourself with talent could be seen as a guy invading a company to take the top title. Its been seen in wrestling for years. The way Khan played it on TV he wasn't happy with Omega doing this but had to allow it since he was champion.
    look up the definition of invading, that's not what happened there. when the njpw guys wrestle on dynamite they aren't invading either that's not an angle that was run. this is what an inter-promtional angle looks like

There is a difference in "putting someone over" and "jobbing them out" Lbo. In Omega's case had Impact been smart enough they should have pushed for the belt to go to Moose directly. And had Omega put him over and lose the title. He was the guy Impact had spent time on and the goal should have been , we want Omega to put him over at the end either at one of our PPV's or AEW show. Because he's the #1 guy we wanna make.
    well yeah that would've been great for impact and moose but made aew's champion and title inferior to impacts. they would be fools to do that.

Someone doing the honors for them and putting them over is seen as a nice move. Its like when Hogan lost to Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI. It was seen as Hogan doing the honors for Warrior and passing the torch. Of course that is a grand scale deal. Here it would have helped Impact a lot because a Champion losing , putting over that top talent from other company is seen as a nice move for them. And Omega was working against Impact wrestlers from Rich Swann , Sami Callihan and some others.
    hogan and warrior were both signed to the same company

The end goal should have been to have that "guy" put over at some point. The talent there has to be put over by the champion and belt come back.

Christian did it of course and it had little real impact by the time the belt came to Moose as we saw. By the time he dropped it to someone and Moose came out within a few minutes and made his challenge and won. It was....ok this didn't help really.
    that is all on impact really. not only did they botch josh alexander's title win, they did it in a way that did nothing for moose. but that typical impact for you.

well yeah that would've been great for impact and moose but made aew's champion and title inferior to impacts. they would be fools to do that.
    No , no it wouldn't really. Because the goal of this was to have Omega work with Impact Wrestling talent at PPV's and then someone win. At some point beat Omega as that person gets the belt back for the company. It only makes sense. Its like when the NWO comically invaded WCW. The goal was Sting of course getting the belt back. But the overall deal is ..someone has to beat Omega from Impact since he's working there.

hogan and warrior were both signed to the same company
    Yes , yes they were. But the overall goal is to put that person over and pass the championship to them. Omega was Impact and AEW World Champion. Losing one belt in a company he's working in as the invader comically isn't gonna make Omega or AEW look weak. He's losing the belt to one of the top guys there he's working against.

that is all on impact really. not only did they botch josh alexander's title win, they did it in a way that did nothing for moose. but that typical impact for you.
    Yep...Impact should have stepped up sooner and said , no...we need Omega to drop the belt to Moose , Calihan or anyone. Its one of those deals that could have been special and the delivering on it would have helped them.

No , no it wouldn't really. Because the goal of this was to have Omega work with Impact Wrestling talent at PPV's and then someone win. At some point beat Omega as that person gets the belt back for the company. It only makes sense. Its like when the NWO comically invaded WCW. The goal was Sting of course getting the belt back. But the overall deal is ..someone has to beat Omega from Impact since he's working there.
    according to who?? impact and aew are 2 different companies with different goals. if you think aew's goal was for omega to put over an impact talent i think you're sadly mistaken. i think it's clear their goal was to keep omega really strong until he put over hangman for the title.

Yes , yes they were. But the overall goal is to put that person over and pass the championship to them. Omega was Impact and AEW World Champion. Losing one belt in a company he's working in as the invader comically isn't gonna make Omega or AEW look weak. He's losing the belt to one of the top guys there he's working against.
    i didn't say it would make him look weak, i said it would make aew's title and champion(kenny) look inferior to impacts(moose).

look up the definition of invader, that wasn't what kenny was. he was brought in by a kayfabe xecutive.

Yep...Impact should have stepped up sooner and said , no...we need Omega to drop the belt to Moose , Calihan or anyone. Its one of those deals that could have been special and the delivering on it would have helped them.
    the problem there is they had no leverage. they were going to have to do things aew's way or not do it at all. the 2 promotions are not on the same level. that's not to say anything about the talent, it's the promotions i'm talking about.

according to who?? impact and aew are 2 different companies with different goals. if you think aew's goal was for omega to put over an impact talent i think you're sadly mistaken. i think it's clear their goal was to keep omega really strong until he put over hangman for the title.
    The law of good booking ? Because again if AEW didn't feel Impact was on the level to work with , have their talent show up and win the title there and defend it ...then they wouldn't have had Christian do it later. Its like when Takeshi Morishima won the Ring of Honor World title back in 2000's . He worked for Noah in Japan basically his entire career it appears. But he came over and worked in Ring of Honor and won the World title. Now at some stage he was gonna drop that belt to a ROH guy. It was gonna happen once they had the guy they wanted him to do the honors for. It was Nigel. Noah didn't say , well ROH aren't on our level and screw that lol.

i didn't say it would make him look weak, i said it would make aew's title and champion(kenny) look inferior to impacts(moose).
    Except...you had O (mega working against Impact wrestlers for months. If anything the whole idea of Omega working against them would make him look weak right ? I mean why go win that World title there if it was a weaker company ? It really doesn't make sense to do this if the idea was , well we can't make the guy who won the belt look weak , cause he's defending against weaker competition so he can't lose. (its a head scratch deal to see that explanation)

And losing to Moose or Calihan or anyone at Impact wouldn't have hurt Kenny Omega or AEW. That is nonsense.

look up the definition of invader, that wasn't what kenny was. he was brought in by a kayfabe xecutive.
    The same executive who ran with Omega outta the arena and said they were going to Impact the next week ? Because Callis basically seemed to stage an invading guy to show up and take down the World Champion.

the problem there is they had no leverage. they were going to have to do things aew's way or not do it at all. the 2 promotions are not on the same level. that's not to say anything about the talent, it's the promotions i'm talking about.[
    And this is where it really failed in a sense. AEW's way didn't help anyone. Christian got nothing from beating Omega for the Impact World title. He didn't need that championship , yeah beating Omega to set up All Out rematch sure. You could have done it without the title.

It was nice as an angle to start with Omega coming in and working at Impact PPV's and shows there. But the end goal was botch possibly due to Omega's injuries and needing time off or Khan's booking. Either way they had something special , it fizzled out once the belt moved to Christian and really the next time Impact makes a deal like this they need to set up clear end goal.

This is who we want "him" to drop the belt to down the road.

Ultimate Member

they can.

who's out there unsigned and available right now?? i try and keep up with the talents and all i can come up with is aj gray who's really good imo but couldn't slide right into a top spot w/o seeming out of place. keith lee is the no brainer but is he even available yet?? same with swerve.
    I think that's why Tony Khan should have been a bit more careful in his response.

He should have simply spoken about trying to do better in this regard..blah blah.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Per radio interview, Tony Khan said a "dream" "North American" wrestler has signed with AEW and is coming "pretty soon":
    Martinez: Is there any, I'll call it a dream signing, that you're kind of going after? And you can say yes or no, you don't have to go into details. But I just want to know, are they in North America or are they not? That's all I want to know.

Khan: There is, they are in North America, and they're coming. And, pretty soon. And it's going to be awesome, I'm very excited.
    https://www.f4w***********/aew-news/...oon-aew-364671
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

More backstage NXT personal have been released. Road Dogg, Scott Armstrong, Hideki Suzuki, Danny Burch, Allison Danger and Timothy Thatcher have been let go

Didn't Regal say he was retiring and heading back to England to live with family?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Anybody watching the Page/ADBD bloodbath right now??
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-05-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Anybody watching the Page bloodbath right now??
    Yeah...great win for Page. That is how you do it. Danielsons 1st loss is to Page. Nice one AEW.

Also it shocks me this is TBS allowing a bloodbath on the network. If anyone remembers 30 years ago Turner Standards n Practices literally fired Dusty for the blood spike deal.

Yeah...great win for Page. That is how you do it. Danielsons 1st loss is to Page. Nice one AEW.

Also it shocks me this is TBS allowing a bloodbath on the network. If anyone remembers 30 years ago Turner Standards n Practices literally fired Dusty for the blood spike deal.
    Makes me wonder what the point of the judges was? But yeah, it was a great win and goes a long way to build up Hangman.

As for the blood ... TBS might not care anymore since nobody watches TV like they used to.