Page 240 of 902 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Punk decides to comically make MJF lose. By DQ now...

Ok that is a good way to make someone lose in AEW record wiss.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Apparently, AEW has been using blood capsules and packets instead of blading as a lot of fans are saying they saw ADBD drop a block packet to the side of the ring. Maybe that's their workaround for TV?

TO THE TAPES!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Punk decides to comically make MJF lose. By DQ now...

Ok that is a good way to make someone lose in AEW record wiss.
    That was good and a great use of the W/L record. Cheap heat builder, too.

Love it!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Makes me wonder what the point of the judges was? But yeah, it was a great win and goes a long way to build up Hangman.

As for the blood ... TBS might not care anymore since nobody watches TV like they used to.
    Likely to establish the concept. If they want to run another time limit angle they have a pre-established solution.

I think next week we will see the breakup of Wardlow with MJF and Spears. What will happen is Spears will get Punk the win...by DQ when he gets involved. Wardlow will get blamed by MJF and Spears.

Then he will leave both laying. Lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think next week we will see the breakup of Wardlow with MJF and Spears. What will happen is Spears will get Punk the win...by DQ when he gets involved. Wardlow will get blamed by MJF and Spears.

Then he will leave both laying. Lol
    AEW doesn't do DQ finishes. In the three years the company has been around no match had a DQ finish

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW doesn't do DQ finishes. In the three years the company has been around no match had a DQ finish
    They just had Punk cause a DQ finish (ok before the match started true) lol

Pillman Jr is really getting bigger. Come on Brian...embrace the hate in your heart and join the House of Black....lol

So that was a nice ending there. I did like that we saw some big stars like Jericho and Black at the end watching Jurassic Express win.

Fenix arm looked fucked after that table spot.

The law of good booking ? Because again if AEW didn't feel Impact was on the level to work with , have their talent show up and win the title there and defend it ...then they wouldn't have had Christian do it later.
    i really wonder if you actually read the posts sometimes. they don't have to be on the same level to work together but you need to be near the same level to do a good war/feud otherwise you end up with a shit show like gfw vs impact.

Its like when Takeshi Morishima won the Ring of Honor World title back in 2000's . He worked for Noah in Japan basically his entire career it appears. But he came over and worked in Ring of Honor and won the World title. Now at some stage he was gonna drop that belt to a ROH guy. It was gonna happen once they had the guy they wanted him to do the honors for. It was Nigel. Noah didn't say , well ROH aren't on our level and screw that lol.
    you should use xamples you actually know shit about. you didn't watch roh or noah back then, if you did you'd know it's not like that and it's not an xample of good booking.
    1st morishima(who started in ajpw) was not the ghc heavyweight champ(or even a former champ)when he went to roh nor when he dropped the title to nigel so he was not noah's top guy when he put over nigel.
    2nd that's not an xample of good booking. morishima lost to joe the night before he beat homicide for the title and never got his win back, it was a widely criticized decision at the time.

do you really think both parties involved didn't already know that christian, would be the one to drop the title back to impact ahead of time??
    Except...you had O (mega working against Impact wrestlers for months. If anything the whole idea of Omega working against them would make him look weak right ?

I mean why go win that World title there if it was a weaker company ? It really doesn't make sense to do this if the idea was , well we can't make the guy who won the belt look weak , cause he's defending against weaker competition so he can't lose. (its a head scratch deal to see that explanation)
    no because he beat them all.

what are you telling me for, impact are the ones who agreed to it

And losing to Moose or Calihan or anyone at Impact wouldn't have hurt Kenny Omega or AEW. That is nonsense.
    in the big picture it wouldn't have hurt them, but it would've been detrimental to the storyline they were doing with omega, hangman and the title and they would've gained nothing in return.

The same executive who ran with Omega outta the arena and said they were going to Impact the next week ? Because Callis basically seemed to stage an invading guy to show up and take down the World Champion.
    so you're saying omega did a one man invasion??

And this is where it really failed in a sense. AEW's way didn't help anyone. Christian got nothing from beating Omega for the Impact World title. He didn't need that championship , yeah beating Omega to set up All Out rematch sure. You could have done it without the title.
    that was the biggest win christian has had in years and also put him in the main event of impacts biggest event of the year.

It was nice as an angle to start with Omega coming in and working at Impact PPV's and shows there. But the end goal was botch possibly due to Omega's injuries and needing time off or Khan's booking. Either way they had something special , it fizzled out once the belt moved to Christian and really the next time Impact makes a deal like this they need to set up clear end goal.

This is who we want "him" to drop the belt to down the road.
    in that case they need to work with smaller promotions that might give a shit what they want. in this case i think they were happy just to have omega on their shows for a while and it did create more buzz and interest in the product than they'd had in years. was it worth it?? idk, one thing i do know is impact doesn't need aew's help to make shitty booking decisions.

Makes me wonder what the point of the judges was? But yeah, it was a great win and goes a long way to build up Hangman.

As for the blood ... TBS might not care anymore since nobody watches TV like they used to.
    just to keep us honest i suppose. i'm glad it didn't go to a decision though.

did it look like fenix fukt up his arm in that table spot??

ok, i wasn't the only who saw that then.

It was it seems. A guy just posted he saw Fenix point to his arm and it seems like he broke it according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i really wonder if you actually read the posts sometimes. they don't have to be on the same level to work together but you need to be near the same level to do a good war/feud otherwise you end up with a shit show like gfw vs impact.
    They had a man come in...and win their World title and defend it against their workers. AGAIN....this isn't GFW or whatever happened before. This was AEW let their World Champion go on there and work their PPV's as World Champion.

you should use xamples you actually know shit about. you didn't watch roh or noah back then, if you did you'd know it's not like that and it's not an xample of good booking.
    1st morishima(who started in ajpw) was not the ghc heavyweight champ(or even a former champ)when he went to roh nor when he dropped the title to nigel so he was not noah's top guy when he put over nigel.
    2nd that's not an xample of good booking. morishima lost to joe the night before he beat homicide for the title and never got his win back, it was a widely criticized decision at the time.
    I named an example...it was a wrestler working for NOAH who was still with them who came to Ring of Honor and won their world title and NOAH let him drop it to someone. Maybe you should ...ya know realize that this is an example even if you damn well f-cking hate it. Or who cares if he didn't lose to Joe then . Ring of Honor picked who they f'n wanted him to put over with that title and he did.

do you really think both parties involved didn't already know that christian, would be the one to drop the title back to impact ahead of time??
    Honestly no one knows what went on with that planning. Given that it seems it was thrown on Rampage as a quick title defense of that title.

no because he beat them all.

what are you telling me for, impact are the ones who agreed to it
    Of course them not being on his level or AEW's makes no sense he'd work with them in the 1st place. Step back...think here. If Impact didn't have people that Omega felt was on his level as a World Champion to work with ...he wouldn't have done it. The deal wouldn't have been made and they would have went elsewhere. (NWA , MLW , ROH etc) .

And yes Impact is to blame because they seemed to not plan the end out. (which in the past is something they did a lot)

in the big picture it wouldn't have hurt them, but it would've been detrimental to the storyline they were doing with omega, hangman and the title and they would've gained nothing in return.
    Except ....he lost to Christian , on a AEW show . So the entire idea that somehow Omega losing to a top guy in Impact would hurt him , dropping the title is silly here. Because he literally lost to Christian on AEW tv comically. Its the same title loss and all.

And did the loss hurt the storyline ? NOPE. Because they saw it as Omega losing the Impact World title. Not his AEW World title. So there you go. Hangman would have still be protected and gotten the title as we saw.

so you're saying omega did a one man invasion??
    For awhile he was helped by Good Brothers as we saw. Those guys went back and forth. Omega did his part. Its the deal with groups leading these "invasions" at times. People can say , whats the power in a promotion ? Its the titles ..duh. Its pro wrestling and the only power is the titles in the company. As the Good Brothers were seen as part of the Elite its like them and Omega was taking over Impact awhile there.

that was the biggest win christian has had in years and also put him in the main event of impacts biggest event of the year.
    And...he didn't need it. Christian's a great wrestler and can still go. Like tonight in his new role as manager he was successful. He led his guys to victory chasing off the rival manager. But Christian doesn't need titles anymore or even needed this. Sure it was nice seeing him back on Impact again after so many years. But its clear the angle of Omega putting over an Impact guy would have carried way more weight since he kick started the angle.

in that case they need to work with smaller promotions that might give a shit what they want. in this case i think they were happy just to have omega on their shows for a while and it did create more buzz and interest in the product than they'd had in years. was it worth it?? idk, one thing i do know is impact doesn't need aew's help to make shitty booking decisions.
    To be fair AEW and Impact both make sh-tty booking decisions at times. One friend gave up watching as he was tired of it (tried to convince him to watch when Punk & Danielson came in , said he was tired of the show and how it was ran) . This was just one of them in each companies history.

Apparently, AEW has been using blood capsules and packets instead of blading as a lot of fans are saying they saw ADBD drop a block packet to the side of the ring. Maybe that's their workaround for TV?

TO THE TAPES!
    Whatever it is that they are doing?

That ladies' tag match last Friday looked like something out of Tokyo Gore Police.