Page 243 of 902 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Impact...the company just fired lead announcer Matt Striker today. The Observer claims that they have been wanting to let him go awhile as they were unhappy with his work.

So with a PPV coming up n TV....something is going down folks.

Samoa Joe , William Regal or even Joey Styles could be names to think about possibly coming in to announce now. (I hope its Joey Styles...guy should be calling a show in 2022)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm guessing he probably thought the same thing about Jinder that the fans were thinking at the time. ("Mostly WTF?!??!")
    Jinder really got a bad rap he wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Tony Khan explains (very slightly) more the four quarterly TNT specials. I have to admit, it's gonna be a tad confusing, at least for me. Rampage still on TNT, TBS has Dynamite, then quarterly specials on TNT. I can't say I quite understand all the channel hopping we have/will have to do.

And just how "special" are these TNT quarterly specials if they're just one measly hour like Rampage? Whereas the "special" named event Dynamites (Beach Blast, New Years Smash, etc) AEW has all the damn time are the full 2 hours?

They must know something I don't, because it's all a good bit confusing (and sometimes annoying). Nice to have more AEW events, but they feel scattered all over the place with not enough rhyme or reason.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-tnt-specials/
    TNT and TBS are owned by the same company and they like to move stuff around, like when they run A Christmas Story on both networks, but staggered so it starts at 9:00 pm on TBS and 10:00 pm on TNT. So it could be that it was Time Warner's decision to move Dynamite to TBS and to only give AEW one hour for the Saturday Specials.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    With all these releases with NXT personal who is left to train the new guys? I bet Ace will do something stupid like rehire Bill Demott
    death ray is still there training the women yeah?? that that i want her to get fired i wouldn't mind seeing her mixed into the current scene.

they really did allison danger/corino dirty it seems
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-lenny-leonard

if i was steve corino i might start considering xit strategies.

I stopped watching ROH long ago (mostly because I needed a break from wrestling for a time), but this article I excerpt below does a great job of framing ROH in wrestling history. ROH definitely changed me and my relationship to wrestling. I went from someone who thought only the WWF/WCW/ECW were worthy wrestling to ROH showing me that the emperor (the WWE especially) had no clothes. I truly looked at people like Danielson and Styles and Joe (etc) as the uncrowned main stars of all pro wrestling. I started watching wrestling in 1986/1987 (when I was young), so for me to pull back from Vince McMahon's hold on my wrestling mind was a huge thing, a huge break. I still love old WWF/E, but I'm so glad ROH led me to indie talent and NJPW (and now AEW).

https://dailyddt.com/2021/12/17/how-...iness-forever/
    i think it's pretty cool that my son grew up in that era. we watched and enjoyed wwe & tna too but he grew up on a steady diet of us indy and japanese wrestling dvds plus living in central california we'd drive down to SoCal a few times a year and watch pwg live events(tickets were cheap & available back then). funny enough it was czw best of the best 2 that turned me onto us indy wrestling. i didn't follow the promotion super closely but i would check out the tournament every year and the guys in the tourney like super dragon & b boy, johnny storm & jody fleisch, trent acid, briscoes, homicide, roderick strong, jack evans, elex shelley etc led me to a bunch of other indy promotions.

that plus what was happening in japan(mostly njpw's revitalization) it was a great era to be a fan, though it cost a bit and required more effort back then.

Tony Khan explains (very slightly) more the four quarterly TNT specials. I have to admit, it's gonna be a tad confusing, at least for me. Rampage still on TNT, TBS has Dynamite, then quarterly specials on TNT. I can't say I quite understand all the channel hopping we have/will have to do.

And just how "special" are these TNT quarterly specials if they're just one measly hour like Rampage? Whereas the "special" named event Dynamites (Beach Blast, New Years Smash, etc) AEW has all the damn time are the full 2 hours?

They must know something I don't, because it's all a good bit confusing (and sometimes annoying). Nice to have more AEW events, but they feel scattered all over the place with not enough rhyme or reason.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-tnt-specials/
    i think it's called a "special" because it's on a saturday night. 1 hour is plenty of time to do a great show when it's not the only show you get to do a week.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm guessing he probably thought the same thing about Jinder that the fans were thinking at the time. ("Mostly WTF?!??!")
    that's what i imagined he was thinking. i mean if he didn't think mox was worth doing **** with i can see why he might not want to even get in the ring with jinder.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Jinder really got a bad rap he wasn't that bad.
    i agree, he's not bad in the ring, looks like a beast and has some pretty sweet knee strikes. it's just you can't book somebody like a jobber for years and then just throw the title on them and xpect everyone to just accept it.

oh **** impact is invading wwe!! mickie james is in the royal rumble.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm surprised they mentioned that she is the impact women champion. I didn't have WWE cracking open the forbidden door in my bingo card

Another good showing for Hook

Since Hobbs and Starks got the feud with Dante Martin I would like to see a program with Hook taking out QT's job squad.

I'm surprised they mentioned that she is the impact women champion. I didn't have WWE cracking open the forbidden door in my bingo card
    As one site brought up the WWE is doing this due to the issues now with having enough women ready for Royal Rumble. That they cut so many women they don't have enough who know how to work that right now.

Likely gonna see a few older ones come back Victoria , Trish and Lita to help them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So in a moment that I'm sure Ring of Honor fans never imagined...tonight at Hard to Kill on PPV the ROH World Title was defended. The current champion faced Chris Sabin to defend the title. The rules were ROH set rules.

I'm sure no one ever imagined that the former TNA would book that. Let alone try to keep the name around for its fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in a moment that I'm sure Ring of Honor fans never imagined...tonight at Hard to Kill on PPV the ROH World Title was defended. The current champion faced Chris Sabin to defend the title. The rules were ROH set rules.

I'm sure no one ever imagined that the former TNA would book that. Let alone try to keep the name around for its fans.
    Gresham is going around the indies defending the title to keep the name alive. Bandido is doing the same while billing himself as the real RoH world champion

Gresham is going around the indies defending the title to keep the name alive. Bandido is doing the same while billing himself as the real RoH world champion
    Its a nice thing to try and do to hopefully keep the name out there and hopefully Sinclair relaunches it.

Another good showing for Hook

Since Hobbs and Starks got the feud with Dante Martin I would like to see a program with Hook taking out QT's job squad.
    If they both stay in AEW long enough, we have to eventually get a Hook/Danielson program. And have the ultimate payoff be a submission match.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Fantastic Member

I'm assuming she's going in the Hall of Fame this year, but it's pretty pathetic that the WWE is just giving away it's Rumble because of all the talent cuts.

With all these releases with NXT personal who is left to train the new guys? I bet Ace will do something stupid like rehire Bill Demott
    They've still got Albert and Norman Smiley...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    I'm assuming she's going in the Hall of Fame this year, but it's pretty pathetic that the WWE is just giving away it's Rumble because of all the talent cuts.

WWE barely had enough women to fill a Rumble match before they started cutting talent. And as an side to Rumble matches on one card is one Rumble match too many, even in the best circumstances.

Astonishing Member

There's still over 20 women on the roster if you count Bayley, Asuka, etc. So they aren't that bad. But yes, having the Champ (Charlotte) work the Rumble and then bringing back Mickie is an interesting move. It might be an "I'm Sorry" for the Garbage Bag Incident. In either case, Impact is not going to allow it's Champ to just be booked poorly.

death ray is still there training the women yeah?? that that i want her to get fired i wouldn't mind seeing her mixed into the current scene.
    I thought I read they promoted her to producer on the main roster awhile back. She gets to travel with her husband and (I thought) was even producing some of the men's matches.