Page 253 of 902 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Way back in the 80's, when the WWF used enhancement talent on a lot of their shows, in much the same format that Dark/Elevation does now, it never bothered me. Partly cos I was a kid and I didn't care. But more so, because when the WWF told me someone was a two-bob local talent, then I'd believe that. Cos with no internet, it's not like I had any way of knowing any better. And when said talent then got their ass easily kicked by a "proper" WWF wrestler, that made perfect sense.

Fast Forward 30+ years to today though, and here's AEW doing exactly the same thing (even down to the local-wrestler-already-in-the-ring-give-the-crowd-a-little-wave-when-your-name-appears intros), but in a very different landscape. Cos now I know who a lot of these supposed jobbers are. And I know how good they are. So when wrestlers like Janai Kai or Willow Nightingale are being jobbed out to the likes of Velvet and Rhodes in a couple of minutes, my kayfabometer has a bit of meltdown.

Subsequently, booking that back in the 80's had felt perfectly reasonable to me, now comes across as... a sort of arrogance. It's like, the idea that purely because someone is signed with AEW, they're automatically better than anyone that isn't. Which sure, is basically the entire point. But I do still feel like it wouldn't hurt have hurt AEW (or their wrestlers) if the results had been a little more unpredictable, and visiting wrestlers could have picked up wins too. I say that in the past tense, as it would have had to have been a thing pretty much from the start. They're probably too far gone to change it now.

But in a world where it's now a simple task to find out more about a wrestler you might not have already heard of (particularly for the audience of a show which only airs online anyway!), and with AEW still making such a big whoop about the importance of wins and losses (which becomes meaningless when wrestlers will just automatically wrack up the W's however frequently they appear on Dark), then surely having a more "competitive" structure to Dark/Elevation wouldn't have been such a bad thing, would it?
    that's one way to look at it i guess. when i see kai or nightingale on dark it just tells me they're on aew's radar, and that's a good thing. also a good thing brandi is wrestling on dark rather than tv.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nick Khan said WWE isn't looking to sell
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/wwe/...ly-taken-calls
    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Hi. Is anyone here buying the wwe 2k22 game? if yes...is anyone dissapointed that there really is not a physical special edition? I mean only standard and deluxe get a physical release. The nwo edition is only digital. I really don't see a point in buying a digital only nwo edition. and the deluxe really is nothing special aside from the fact that it includes the season pass.

Like Madden I usually wait a few years til prices are cheap for these games. I haven't bought a WWE game since the 2018 edition from like a year ago. So I wait a couple years on these EA games due to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I haven't brought a WWE game since 2K16. The games stopped being fun for me when it became more of a wrestling simulator. I miss the arcade gameplay of the old smackdown games

I have the WWE 2K18 game for the PS4. I enjoy it, but since I have no interest in the online option of playing against other actual people, it doesn't matter to me that I didn't buy the game until 2020.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Yuke's ENT -- untitled AEW -- 2022 Q3 release TBD

AEW have put over $10M into development of this game.

That is a big sum ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-26-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

hmmm big WWE PPV coming up and the biggest topic of discussion are video games? What are this boards Royal Rumble predictions?
    Mine are:
    Lashley over Lesner with some outside help from the Usos.
    Rollins over Reigns via DQ probably a Lesner run in
    Men's Royal Rumble: Probably Lesner
    Women's Royal Rumble: Either Rousey or Belair
    Maryse and Miz over Edge and Beth feud lasts til Mania
    Becky over Doudrop.
    A pretty stacked card I am excited to see.

Lashley over Lesner
    Reigns via DQ
    Rumble - Lesnar
    Women's - Rousey - she is going after Big Time Becks.
    Becky over Dipshit or whatever her name is. lol
    The it couple, via shenanigans.

Lashley is champ and we still get Lesnar Reigns at Mania for the title.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yuke's ENT -- untitled AEW -- 2022 Q3 release TBD

AEW have put over $10M into development of this game.

That is a big sum ...
    I hope the investment pays off for them. I'm hungry for a new wrestling game

The plane is to put both championships on rein's at same time.

Ultimate Member

As he's not in the Rumble he can't go for both titles unless he faces the RAW champ in a unification match, and then he'd have to show up on both shows and have the entire roster after him, and people would pretty quickly stop caring and be bored to death...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Finally after months away....THE EPIC EVIL of Danhausen has returned to AEW !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As he's not in the Rumble he can't go for both titles unless he faces the RAW champ in a unification match, and then he'd have to show up on both shows and have the entire roster after him, and people would pretty quickly stop caring and be bored to death...
    I think we are all there now with Reigns.

Ultimate Member

That was kind of the point that we are already there with him so I don't think that giving him both belts would improve that if not just make it terribly worse...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    There's always some BS reason they can put him in the rumble or in the title picture at WM ppl stopped caring last year Broc didn't show up on raw for 2 years as UC you think Romen has to? Also they aren't unifi the titles he is just going to be WWE champion and UC at the same time.

A&W is finally All Elitehausen!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium