Page 257 of 902 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 13529

Did anyone mark out for anyone in the Men's RR what happened to this open door stuff I've been seeing on the net recently?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Did anyone mark out for anyone in the Men's RR what happened to this open door stuff I've been seeing on the net recently?
    Due to the fact that Mickie James was in the Rumble while being acknowledged as the Impact Women's champion. She even came out to hardcore country and the title belt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Due to the fact that Mickie James was in the Rumble while being acknowledged as the Impact Women's champion. She even came out to hardcore country and the title belt.
    Between this , the ROH Invasion and GOD signing...man Impact has had a lot of positive stuff happening for a month.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m going to agree with Michael Sidgwick said on WhatCulture’s overview of events: this is just the reality of WWE’s profitable content-creator method now, so we shouldn’t be surprised. WWE is strictly about maintaining their profitability in a manner that caters to Vince McMahon’s creative interests. This company’s nigh-exclusive interest is in milking the money out of pushing their top stars for as long as possible, with everyone else being background noise for skits and storylines that make Vince chuckle.

They’ve become the world’s most successful YouTube content provider in practice - they have a stable audience that doesn’t react enough to dips in quality for the company to change. Vince probably couldn’t be happier; even with a resurgent competition, his company can still call itself king thanks to sheer profitability, if nothing else, and he can tell himself he knows what the audience wants better than they do… because enough of them will always be there that he’s not entirely wrong. At least for now.
    Sadly, all this rings true. Very insightful stuff. We should have figured the ever smart Vince McMahon would eventually find a way to insulate himself from serious financial trouble. It seems maybe he has.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Sadly, all this rings true. Very insightful stuff. We should have figured the ever smart Vince McMahon would eventually find a way to insulate himself from serious financial trouble. It seems maybe he has.
    Him making the money non-stop isn’t the problem. It’s the part where he craves credit as a creator while making the money non-stop.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

So watched a Jim Ross clip and he brought up where Rob Van Dam 1st came in. The old urban legend was where RVD 1st came in , in 2001 some wrestlers may have complained over Rob's ring style. Where guys would have busted lips or cuts do to his work style. Conrad asks J.R. if anyone ever complained or refused to work with Rob.

"No , because they knew this wasn't ballet. " Ross details that wrestlers know that sometimes accidents happen and Rob wasn't doing this on purpose. That he never on purpose would hurt anyone.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Daniel Garcia won the PWG BOLA over the weekend. Great way to start the year. This kid has a bright future

The Elimination Chamber match actually looks promising this year. 3 of the 6 have never been in a Chamber match before, so it makes things a little more fresh. I like it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I hope this wasn't a face promo. Ronda sounded more scripted than normal, she's ducking the only woman who handed her a loss and the fake crowd noise just makes everything worse
    https://twitter.com/tapemachines/sta...u41BhcJmvFAVZg

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope this wasn't a face promo. Ronda sounded more scripted than normal, she's ducking the only woman who handed her a loss and the fake crowd noise just makes everything worse
    https://twitter.com/tapemachines/sta...u41BhcJmvFAVZg
    The fake crowd noise sells this even more as comedy. If pointing at the sign as it caught on fire wasn't a sign of a bad comedy. This is funny.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Him making the money non-stop isn’t the problem. It’s the part where he craves credit as a creator while making the money non-stop.
    Yea, I initially understood the connection. The non-stop money allows Vince to indulge all his creative whims and egotistical craves. So, in a way, the non-stop money that you insist isn't the problem actually is the (causal) problem, because the dogged hold on creative control & the non-stop money are seemingly inextricably linked (at least as long as Vince running the show).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-01-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The Elimination Chamber match actually looks promising this year. 3 of the 6 have never been in a Chamber match before, so it makes things a little more fresh. I like it.
    I just hope someone encourages Riddle to wear some kind of footwear. Those plexiglass pods often break at some point in the match, and I would not want to see Riddle getting his feet all bloodied.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Shane's in it, it's going to be a push the bosses son suckfest.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Not unless he replaces someone else in the match, or they increase the number of people in it like 2018.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    He's not. You can at least look it up before shooting at the hip.