Page 260 of 902 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If Shane has an ego, makes you wonder who he got that from.....HMMMMM.

MJF vs Punk really happened on TV, and I loved the finish. Even despite the cheating, Punk sorta helped put MJF (a true fan of his) over. I bet MJF was thanking him right after the pinfall (and we couldn't see/hear it).

Seems like the Danielson offer is just a thing to reiterate to fans that Moxley (who was sporting a skull shirt) is a loner like Stone Cold. Mox turns him down and that angers Danielson, who spins the rejection into "I'll show you why you should accept my help, you're not good enough by yourself!"

Regarding AJ Styles, from his recent comments on why he resigned with WWE, it came off to me like he resigned largely to position himself as a WWE talent coach (like Michaels, etc) right after retirement. To avoid any chance of even a temporary snub or a blacklisting. I was disappointed. But I also realized WWE has that angle to dangle as far as retaining wrestlers (and being a WWE talent coach seems to be more desired than being an AEW one).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-03-2022 at 08:14 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its a shame AJ signed that extension. That AEW roster had a ton of great matches he could have had. Now he's in a position where he will spend a few years watching the company rebuild its roster.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its a shame AJ signed that extension. That AEW roster had a ton of great matches he could have had. Now he's in a position where he will spend a few years watching the company rebuild its roster.
    Maybe Tony Khan needs to privately develop more and promote (and even televise more) a talent coaching program for less active/retired wrestlers. Because AJ really talked up his interest in that. Gave off the impression that that was his main motivation in staying with Vince.

But AEW has so much young promising talent that could really learn from AJ and match his style more....Dante, Darby, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It doesn't surprise me AJ would re-sign. He talked about how he wants to end his career in WWE. He made his art and now he's making his money.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-03-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Gracia teasing the possibility of accepting Bryan's offer
    https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/...fnOJ7SPDQ&s=09

Right now you can go with money(WWE) or integrity

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Right now you can go with money(WWE) or integrity
    Tony Khan is a billionaire and with AJ as the hottest free agent left then , he would gotten a pretty huge deal. As someone mentioned earlier he wants that Shawn Michaels role as he gets older.

Its just that AJ needs to look at the last guys who signed big long extensions or wanted a backstage role after their career was over. People from.Bret Hart to Strowman have showed...there is little loyalty with Vince McMahon.

Vince just pushed his own son out lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Tony Khan is a billionaire and with AJ as the hottest free agent left then , he would gotten a pretty huge deal. As someone mentioned earlier he wants that Shawn Michaels role as he gets older.

Its just that AJ needs to look at the last guys who signed big long extensions or wanted a backstage role after their career was over. People from.Bret Hart to Strowman have showed...there is little loyalty with Vince McMahon.

Vince just pushed his own son out lol.
    Thing is you know WWE is going to pay a lot more but do less with you then AEW I'd rather get paid a little less and do more than be stuck in upper medcard myself

Thing is you know WWE is going to pay a lot more but do less with you then AEW I'd rather get paid a little less and do more than be stuck in upper medcard myself
    I'd say AEW would have paid AJ a lot more than WWE would have. Thus far the WWE has had to pay big prices to keep Kevin Owens and AJ Styles from hitting free agency.

Its kinda clear that losing Danielson , Cole , Johnny Gargano and others has made them now get proactive on keep what talent is there.

I saw the promo with Danielson and his proposed stable. It was a great promo about them teaming up to take over. I always support stables that develope the young guys and get them ready. To have then ready ahead.

My one issue is ...Danielson should never have mentioned what young guys they'd take under their wing. Left it with a mystery on who these 2 will recruit. You now have folks hoping its Garcia who joins up. Where as you could have em onscreen surprise recruit Garcia in a moment. I love the whole "who will join this stable next..."

I saw the promo with Danielson and his proposed stable. It was a great promo about them teaming up to take over. I always support stables that develope the young guys and get them ready. To have then ready ahead.

My one issue is ...Danielson should never have mentioned what young guys they'd take under their wing. Left it with a mystery on who these 2 will recruit. You now have folks hoping its Garcia who joins up. Where as you could have em onscreen surprise recruit Garcia in a moment. I love the whole "who will join this stable next..."
    i don't think forming a stable with brianson fits with mox character at all right now.

brianson, 2.0 & garcia as a crew might be interesting though.

WWE made $1 billion in revenue in 2021
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nodqdotco...48868978450437

Most of that money came from distribution deals.

As much as I like AEW I disagree. AEW got a prime talent like Jay Lethal and they haven't done much with him. He lost his title match against Sammy and he's been wrestling jobbers on dark ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As much as I like AEW I disagree. AEW got a prime talent like Jay Lethal and they haven't done much with him. He lost his title match against Sammy and he's been wrestling jobbers on dark ever since.
    he's been on the roster for 2 and half months(less time than veer mahan has been coming to raw), wrestled for a title on his 1st night and wrestling ricky starks for the ftw title tonight. i think it's a little early to say he's not going to be used more than he would in wwe. they probably debuted him before they knew xactly what they were going to do with him, but it made for good tv and a great defense for sammy.

i don't think the match with starks is a 1 off, i think they're doing a program.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-04-2022 at 05:26 AM.

If WWE were interested in Jay Lethal, I'm pretty sure he would have been there by now. The guy's been one of the biggest names on the independents for years.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans