Page 264 of 902 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah the aew fans love big show and billy gunn so much they gave a shit when billy turned on big show.

yes they will know who she is and they would be disappointed if it was built up like keith lee's reveal was.

maybe if mickie had been gone for years or it was 17yrs ago and she was hot off her feud with trish but it's 2022 and she was just wrestling in nwa probably last week. you'd just be setting her up for failure. now if you wanted to put her into aqa's spot against jade cargill, that would've been cool and got a good reaction i'm sure.
    If it was a mystery woman making her debut ala Keith Lee , the audience would be fine with it. Since Mickie basically has been Impact Women's champion and just competed at Royal Rumble. It would not be setting her up for failure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lmao

Billy Gunn is the head producer for the company and he wrestles to get his son's over. The guy almost exclusively wrestles on dark so unless you watch those shows you can ignore he's in the company.

Big Show is in the company to be a commentator on dark. How positively AEW base reacts to these old guys depends on the role they will have.

The general audience that AEW seems to have is one who remember these older stars and still pop like crazy for them. Mixed in with 2010's talent as we see right now. The big discussion here is the claim if it was a mystery woman showing up the audience would be disappointed it would be Mickie. But given the fact Mickie has kept a high profile and just came off a Royal Rumble appearance the audience would be A-OK if she appeared this way and welcome her there to face (and put over) Britt Baker etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If it was a mystery woman making her debut ala Keith Lee , the audience would be fine with it. Since Mickie basically has been Impact Women's champion and just competed at Royal Rumble. It would not be setting her up for failure.
    sorry but no, the level of hype built up through out the week was too much for it to be mickey. being in the rumble doesn't amount to much, kelly kelly and summer rae were in it too and impact despite the talent is a non-factor. i don't think she'd be booed but it would definitely be a disappointment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The general audience that AEW seems to have is one who remember these older stars and still pop like crazy for them. Mixed in with 2010's talent as we see right now. The big discussion here is the claim if it was a mystery woman showing up the audience would be disappointed it would be Mickie. But given the fact Mickie has kept a high profile and just came off a Royal Rumble appearance the audience would be A-OK if she appeared this way and welcome her there to face (and put over) Britt Baker etc.
    If it were Mickie they wouldn't have bothered with build up as they will assume their audience already knows who she is. They will throw her out there to get a pop.

Lets examine who is in AEW right now...

Billy Gunn
    Big Show
    CM Punk
    Bryan Danielson
    Chris Jericho

Of that talent all of them were big in late 90's and 2000's. The AEW audience loves these folks listed and Mickie James came along in this same 2000's era.

This reminds me of many years ago when people told me the Impact Zone wouldn't cheer for Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair if they appeared there. Trying to paint it that the fans wouldn't care for them. Which wasn't the case as fans did pop for them. The AEW audience watching is the audience that has watched for years and they would know who Mickie is. Here would be the usual...

"OMG its Mickie James , a 10 time Women's World Champion and has held titles wherever she's wrestled !" - Excalibur.

"Mickie James is the most accomplished women's wrestler of this era....and she's in AEW !" - Jim Ross

FANS POP like usual and want her vs Britt Baker.
    I don't remember much of a pop for Hogan or Flair as a matter of fact I don't remember Hogan or Flair going over very well with the fans in TNA.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Some good storyline speculation: Is Cole building a stable under the Elite's noses? What does it say about when Omega may return? A face turn coming for Omega/Bucks?
    Adam Cole is building a stable of his own right under the Super Elite’s noses. First Bobby Fish. Then Kyle O’Reilly. Now Jay White. These are all individuals that may be on shaky ground with Cole, but they have a bigger disdain for Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks.

Imagine where this could go. The timetable for Omega’s return is unknown, as he’s recovering from injuries that plagued him during his Belt Collector run. But the Bucks could turn to another former member of the Elite, Hangman Page. [W]ill Adam Cole be the catalyst that brings the group back together?
    https://dailyddt.com/2022/02/10/aew-...-elites-noses/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    sorry but no, the level of hype built up through out the week was too much for it to be mickey. being in the rumble doesn't amount to much, kelly kelly and summer rae were in it too and impact despite the talent is a non-factor. i don't think she'd be booed but it would definitely be a disappointment.
    Kelly and Summer Rae haven't had the career Mickie James has had the last 2 decades. She's been able to keep going with no breaks and win championships outside the WWE as well. You would be disappointed which I can understand. But were not speaking for the entire AEW audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If it were Mickie they wouldn't have bothered with build up as they will assume their audience already knows who she is. They will throw her out there to get a pop.
    Its true that they would just have her show up and not a mystery deal. Its a what if they did and I can't see disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't remember much of a pop for Hogan or Flair as a matter of fact I don't remember Hogan or Flair going over very well with the fans in TNA.
    This was Hogan's debut and the audience were all for Hogan. Which is expected as people grew up on him.

Its the same with Flair. The TNA audience grew up on him too over the years and were happy to see them there. Its the same when Hogan/Flair appeared in WWE in 2000's , the audience that remembered them popped for them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Well then, Tony Khan admitted that he booked Jay White on Dynamite because he botched his own definition of forbidden door.

If you are trying to address getting Britt "Over..." by getting Mickie involved?

You might be trying to solve a problem that does not exist.

Might as well get on finding Jennifer Lopez a man because she has had a really tough time getting men's attention.

Kelly and Summer Rae haven't had the career Mickie James has had the last 2 decades. She's been able to keep going with no breaks and win championships outside the WWE as well. You would be disappointed which I can understand. But were not speaking for the entire AEW audience.

Its true that they would just have her show up and not a mystery deal. Its a what if they did and I can't see disappointment.

This was Hogan's debut and the audience were all for Hogan. Which is expected as people grew up on him.

Its the same with Flair. The TNA audience grew up on him too over the years and were happy to see them there. Its the same when Hogan/Flair appeared in WWE in 2000's , the audience that remembered them popped for them.
    The debut sure I still don't remember TNA continueing love for H and F.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are trying to address getting Britt "Over..." by getting Mickie involved?

Might as well get on finding Jennifer Lopez a man because she has had a really tough time getting men's attention.
    Of course this wasn't discussing Britt Baker not being an over heel at all. It was more in line...if you bring in an older accomplished star who is over you use them to put your newest star over.

With Mickie she would be perfect for it. Plus it adds to Baker's resume of hers beating an accomplished star.

Its one of those that its clear you didn't get. Britt is their current star...you want her to defeat older stars like Mickie. Like how WWE is doing Lita vs Becky Lynch right now.

Becky's the big star currently. Lita is the legend they brought in to put her over.

Also speaking of the Becky Lynch/Lita program....that promo she did was utter FIRE. One of the best heel promos done in years and even I have to sing the praises of whoever wrote this storyline.

Becky is so on fire as a heel she comically pissed off Ric Flair on his podcast. Angry she calls Rhonda Rousey "Ronnie" and he ripped her. Lynch joked about it on Twitter later.

but they ended up in the same place doing the same thing.

i never claimed to speak for the entire aew audience but i at least have a clue. you otoh prove you're not in tune with that audience time and again.

idk why you even brought that up in the 1st place. mickie isn't hogan or flair.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

word. like i said if they wanted to bring her in as a mystery opponent for jade or even serena it would be cool, just don't put a weeks worth of hype into like the keith lee deal.

Of course this wasn't discussing Britt Baker not being an over heel at all. It was more in line...if you bring in an older accomplished star who is over you use them to put your newest star over.

With Mickie she would be perfect for it. Plus it adds to Baker's resume of hers beating an accomplished star.

Its one of those that its clear you didn't get. Britt is their current star...you want her to defeat older stars like Mickie. Like how WWE is doing Lita vs Becky Lynch right now.

Becky's the big star currently. Lita is the legend they brought in to put her over.
    and you know why they're using lita the legend for that rather than mickie?? because she's been gone and not wrestling in in nwa or impact, that makes her more special than being the impact champion or whatever she does in nwa.

anyways. did anybody else feel like jericho kind of dissed eddy guerrero in that promo on wednesday?? he said something along the lines of "you remind me of eddie guerrero, you want to blame everybody else for your failures"

[QUOTE=BigLbo;5932439]

i never claimed to speak for the entire aew audience but i at least have a clue. you otoh prove you're not in tune with that audience time and again.

idk why you even brought that up in the 1st place. mickie isn't hogan or flair.

word. like i said if they wanted to bring her in as a mystery opponent for jade or even serena it would be cool, just don't put a weeks worth of hype into like the keith lee deal.

and you know why they're using lita the legend for that rather than mickie?? because she's been gone and not wrestling in in nwa or impact, that makes her more special than being the impact champion or whatever she does in nwa.
    /QUOTE]

Of course If only I was as tuned in as you and the whole aspect of telling us the AEW crowd or WWE crowd doesn't care for or why Lita is getting this run now.

And ...the program with heel Lynch facing a WWE legend would work with...Lita , Mickie James , Trish Stratus or Victoria. You bring back an established star fans know like that who are considered one of the best and they face the new heel.