Page 265 of 902 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The only reason I did bring up Hogan n Flair was to make the point of the comical deal back years ago where folks claimed the TNA audience wouldn't accept them. That they felt the audience would be against both.

Not realizing that the wrestling audience is like a fish bowl. Yes there is always newer fans coming im but the big part are older ones. They love older stars as we saw with CM Punk. Guy didn't wrestle for 7 years but that audience clearly missed him.

Mickie being in NWA or Impact didn't seem to effect her reaction at Royal Rumble. Or booking her possibly down the road again if WWE needs her.

I don't see a problem if Khan booked her as a mystery woman for a week ala Lee. I mean she legit has done more than Keith Lee being honest.

So yeah...no Mickie James would not be a disappointment to fans if Khan did that with her. I can't see him doing that though as posted since its Mickie James here and having her put over Britt Baker in a nice program would be good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Well then, Tony Khan admitted that he booked Jay White on Dynamite because he botched his own definition of forbidden door.
    Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think "Forbidden Door" has taken a specific meaning in (some corner of) the fan community about NJPW/US promotion collaborations or working relationships.

No one has really written an article on what it means or not, but that's what I gather between the lines of it all. That it somehow doesn't mean merely acquiring talent from WWE or Impact or ROH or [insert US promotion].
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-11-2022 at 06:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think "Forbidden Door" has taken a specific meaning in (some corner of) the fan community about NJPW/US promotion collaborations or working relationships.

No one has really written an article on what it means or not, but that's what I gather between the lines of it all. That it somehow doesn't mean merely acquiring talent from WWE or Impact or ROH or [insert US promotion].
    Tony Khan definition of the term is bringing in guys who are signed to other companies. The New Japan guys like Rocky Romero and Jay White and the deal they had with Impact is forbidden door. Fans applying that to Keith Lee debut doesn't as he was a free agent with no affiliations.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Tony Khan definition of the term is bringing in guys who are signed to other companies. The New Japan guys like Rocky Romero and Jay White and the deal they had with Impact is forbidden door. Fans applying that to Keith Lee debut doesn't as he was a free agent with no affiliations.
    I see, yeah, I think your take is correct. Bringing in guys primarily signed with other promotions.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I see, yeah, I think your take is correct. Bringing in guys primarily signed with other promotions.
    And completely acknowledging and even expecting your audience to know their histories and careers there while they’re still in a “guest star” capacity, even in a way that effectively advertises for what would be a competitor in the old days.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Again...

Watching this?

Baker doesn't need to be put "Over..."

She is one of the most interesting things that they have going.

God knows it is better than Hook...

One little thing...

Seems like Danhausen might make the scene on Thunder Rosa's "Taco..." vlog on YouTube.

While I'm not going to get my hopes up, that has the potential to be completely priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again...

Watching this?

Baker doesn't need to be put "Over..."

She is one of the most interesting things that they have going.

God knows it is better than Hook...
    Again...

Of course Becky Lynch doesn't need Lita right now to put her over. Becky is the top heel the WWE has.

But its about giving Becky an even bigger deal. To beat an older established star like Lita. Its not needed sure...but older fans could see this who may not be watching and go...darn that Becky Lynch is good. I may watch more.

Yes Britt Baker is like Becky. She doesn't need to beat Mickie James. It just adds some older fans who may go...darn that Britt Baker is interesting.

In both cases both ladies don't need this. But its a nice attention deal and its always good in industry to see the older stars come back for the newer ones. Even if they don't need it...its a nice deal.

Britt doesn't but her beating an older established star is always good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Again...

Of course Becky Lynch doesn't need Lita right now to put her over. Becky is the top heel the WWE has.

But its about giving Becky an even bigger deal. To beat an older established star like Lita. Its not needed sure...but older fans could see this who may not be watching and go...darn that Becky Lynch is good. I may watch more.

Yes Britt Baker is like Becky. She doesn't need to beat Mickie James. It just adds some older fans who may go...darn that Britt Baker is interesting.

In both cases both ladies don't need this. But its a nice attention deal and its always good in industry to see the older stars come back for the newer ones. Even if they don't need it...its a nice deal.

Britt doesn't but her beating an older established star is always good.
    That kind of deal is only good when the promotion hasn't build up any worthy opponents for the champ and need to reach out to an older name to act as a filler.

Britt has been spinning her wheels after the feud with Ruby Soho. Hopefully reigniting the feud with Thunder Rosa can give her something decent to do.

The only reason I did bring up Hogan n Flair was to make the point of the comical deal back years ago where folks claimed the TNA audience wouldn't accept them. That they felt the audience would be against both.
    so you only brought it up because it's something you were right about once years ago even though it's unrelated. ok, well this reminds me of a couple weeks ago when i told my nephew the rams were going to beat the 9ers for the nfc championship and he was like nuh uh, and i said just watch and see.

Not realizing that the wrestling audience is like a fish bowl. Yes there is always newer fans coming im but the big part are older ones. They love older stars as we saw with CM Punk. Guy didn't wrestle for 7 years but that audience clearly missed him.

Mickie being in NWA or Impact didn't seem to effect her reaction at Royal Rumble. Or booking her possibly down the road again if WWE needs her.
    punk is a totally different scenario, but honestly his aew debut wouldn't have been as special if he had already been wrestling in impact and nwa the last few years.

good for mickie and wwe, but different audience so irrelevant.

I don't see a problem if Khan booked her as a mystery woman for a week ala Lee. I mean she legit has done more than Keith Lee being honest.

So yeah...no Mickie James would not be a disappointment to fans if Khan did that with her.
    I can't see him doing that though as posted since its Mickie James here and having her put over Britt Baker in a nice program would be good.
    more proof you don't know the audience you're talking about.

oh she certainly would be a disappointment, if you weren't so out of touch with the audience you'd know they were xpecting a keith lee, swerve strickland, kevin kross, or samoa joe type. talents people are clamoring to know what they're going to do next or even a big name from a company that matters like a jay white, or okada or somebody from a company they never worked with before that would be shocking.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-12-2022 at 01:06 AM.

That kind of deal is only good when the promotion hasn't build up any worthy opponents for the champ and need to reach out to an older name to act as a filler.

Britt has been spinning her wheels after the feud with Ruby Soho. Hopefully reigniting the feud with Thunder Rosa can give her something decent to do.
    Right now Baker can work against anyone I'm sure on that roster. No problems with her facing Thunder Rosa.

If he ever signed Mickie they can do what were seeing Becky n Lita do in a way. Where she will put over the big star now.

Matt Cordona is the new NWA champion
    https://twitter.com/themattcardona/s...657551873?s=21

Matt Cordona is the new NWA champion
    https://twitter.com/themattcardona/s...657551873?s=21
    Ok this is interesting since Cordona appears in Impact Wrestling as well. Will we see the belt there and him accepted as NWA World Champion on the show ? (Because the whole Corgan deal a few years back if anyone remembers)

Ok this is interesting since Cordona appears in Impact Wrestling as well. Will we see the belt there and him accepted as NWA World Champion on the show ? (Because the whole Corgan deal a few years back if anyone remembers)
    Impact and NWA have been repairing their working relationships for a few months now. James produced NWA's all female PPV.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Impact and NWA have been repairing their working relationships for a few months now. James produced NWA's all female PPV.
    Impact Wrestling ...REALLY OPENING the Forbidden Door. I half expect MLW to show up in Impact soon.