Page 278 of 902 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378778 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    The way WWE is booked, the entire roster outside of Reigns and Lenar are all mid-card.
    Exactly this.

The only guys below this that have some semblance of good booking is Lashley, Styles and Rollins to a lesser extent.

The landscape is ripe for the stunning out-of-nowhere Adam Rose return imo.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

In a bizarre move, Tony Khan has optioned to extend Brain Cage's deal for a year. Cage hasn't wrestled in AEW since he lost the FTW belt to Ricky Starks back in September IIRC.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In a bizarre move, Tony Khan has optioned to extend Brain Cage's deal for a year. Cage hasn't wrestled in AEW since he lost the FTW belt to Ricky Starks back in September IIRC.
    Big Return likely now and big heel push ahead is my thinking.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The landscape is ripe for the stunning out-of-nowhere Adam Rose return imo.
    Yes. Control Your Narrative is the perfect place to go for basketcases, past or present.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Big Return likely now and big heel push ahead is my thinking.
    Or... a spite move to piss him off even further.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Or... a spite move to piss him off even further.
    The big issue Cage had was coming up with his own programs and more. Also Khan may realize Cage is a MONSTER type guy and he can't let him jump to WWE without pushing him better. So he could be a good monster heel ahead perhaps for Hangman Page.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

You know if AEW Lost Cody and gains Cesaro That's a pretty good swap.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You know if AEW Lost Cody and gains Cesaro That's a pretty good swap.
    They have basically signed Buddy Matthews and Keith Lee the last 2 weeks. They have more than equaled that loss. With Samoa Joe , Morrison and Gagano on the market now...they can legit sign one , 2 or all 3 there is more talent there.

AEW's roster is a lot like WCW's in the late 1990's. That roster had 10-12 main event caliber stars that could have been World Champion. They had a huge roster and AEW seems to have that same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yes!!!

Someone that thinks like me!!

My soul needs this!
    it's kind of surprising that match didn't already happen somewhere.

hopefully that means they worked something out. it's odd because cage usually gets over everywhere he goes but he's been unable to connect with the audience in aew. as a longtime fan of brian i'd like to just blame the booking as i felt team taz was not a good fit for him but he hasn't always delivered in the ring when he had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The big issue Cage had was coming up with his own programs and more. Also Khan may realize Cage is a MONSTER type guy and he can't let him jump to WWE without pushing him better. So he could be a good monster heel ahead perhaps for Hangman Page.
    i don't think anybody needs to worry about a talent going to wwe and being used to their full potential. though i wouldn't mind seeing a natural selection reunion with eli drake.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

That's being reported but then Cage on Twitter wondered who he told all that to ("Hmmm, not sure who I told all of this to"). So, I don't know yet. We'll see I suppose. I could believe it either way, but it'd be an odd option pick up.

I was never exposed to Cage outside of AEW. I liked his one 2020/2021 match against Darby. He has some potential perhaps. But he doesn't always deliver in the ring as BigLbo said. It feels like AEW would have to really change him up if he's returning.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-25-2022 at 06:38 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    That's being reported but then Cage on Twitter wondered who he told all that to ("Hmmm, not sure who I told all of this to"). So, I don't know yet. We'll see I suppose. I could believe it either way, but it'd be an odd option pick up.

I was never exposed to Cage outside of AEW. I liked his one 2020/2021 match against Darby. He has some potential perhaps. But he doesn't always deliver in the ring as BigLbo said. It feels like AEW would have to really change him up if he's returning.
    it's weird though because it's just in aew. basically everywhere else he's had an opportunity he's delivered. just look at the match he had with will ospreay like a month ago, that was on par with an aew ppv main event. i'd say match him up with keith lee as they have great chemistry(matches with cage put lee on the map) but neither guy should lose if one just debuted and the other just returned.

this thought just occurred to me. bring in have claudio and chris hero run in on jericho vs kingston and form a new inner circle of jericho, claudio, hero, and hager. claudio & hero both have history with kingston and he can be reunited with 2 former tag partners in hero & hager.

VIVA LOS HIJOS DEL RUSSO!!!!

I think AEW needs to cool it signing wrestlers their roster is already JAMMED packed with people ( many of whom are EX WWE folks). But I was talking to some other folks online and they mentioned that MJF desires to go to WWE at somepoint. But I feel like that would be a HUGE mistake if he did. He would most likely meet the same fate other great wrestlers did who were on the main roster. He would probably get a good push when he joined and then fall down into jobber status once Vince got bored of him. Be jobbed out to like Goldberg or something and then be sent to catering and finally be in the crowd chasing R Truth or Reggie for the 24/7 Title.......... THEN ultimately be released.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it's weird though because it's just in aew. basically everywhere else he's had an opportunity he's delivered. just look at the match he had with will ospreay like a month ago, that was on par with an aew ppv main event. i'd say match him up with keith lee as they have great chemistry(matches with cage put lee on the map) but neither guy should lose if one just debuted and the other just returned.
    See, you say Keith Lee, and while I don't necessarily disagree, an article I read said kinda the opposite: pair Cage up with faster guys (closer in style to Ospreay)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-25-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Some interesting commentary on the Cesaro/Claudio story: (excerpt)
    It felt like the ceiling on [Cesaro's] WWE push was established by the end of 2014, when Vince McMahon harshly criticized his skills on Steve Austin’s podcast. McMahon said Cesaro lacked the charisma, the mic skills, and the “it” to be a bigger star in WWE. McMahon seemed to believe that Cesaro’s Swiss background was a mark against him.

Cesaro responded to McMahon’s silly and foolish words by accepting his challenge to grab the brass ring. And Cesaro continued to prove time and again that McMahon was wrong, and that he ranked among the very best performers in WWE. But it was never going to matter, because Vince McMahon is a stubborn out-of-touch old man who too often has no incentive to change his mind about a wrestler. WWE has so much money coming in on their television, Peacock, and Saudi Arabia deals that McMahon really can just treat the wrestlers as toys in his fantasy land that he can do with as he pleases. And he decided many years ago that Cesaro was never going to be one of his favorite toys to play with.

There are plenty of wrestlers who’ve had it much worse than Cesaro in WWE over the last 10 years, like Ricochet, Mustafa Ali, and Ruby Riott, just to name a few. But that doesn’t change the fact that many of Cesaro’s prime physical years were essentially wasted over the last decade, and he’s now 41 years old.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed about Vince McMahon’s brass rings since CM Punk described them as imaginary in his infamous pipe bomb promo in 2011. Cesaro’s WWE career proves they are every bit as imaginary today as they were back then, and there’s no reason to expect that will change any time soon.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...hon-brass-ring