Page 282 of 902 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382782 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Sure he does, he's just never shown an inkling of it on screen where it matters then I guess....

Plenty of wrestlers put up with the scripted stuff the WWE has them do and they still manage to show their charisma. Cesaro has never done that once.
    He did on NXT all the time.

He knew how to work a crowd and how to kill it when he was a heel. To the point that the NXT crowd would pop for his rest holds, LOL!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Interesting indeed. This probably doesn't affect AEW's product much, but it saves ROH's ass, perhaps ensures its future.

And if AEW ever joins HBO or streams, it will have added ammo (appeal) now. AEW now has 20 YEARS worth of matches.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-03-2022 at 06:52 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It also allows Khan to send guys like Brock Anderson to ROH and develop a new look and character. He can send extra talent there and has a farm league he can use.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Also we have to remember , Sinclair was trying to sell the tape library from 2010-2011 to current. They weren't selling or owned the big library before that.

A big question mark is...if Sinclair does own the valuable part of tape library ? If they don't did Khan get with owner for that ?

Vince has to be irked...he values tape libraries for WWE Network. Losing this one is a blow.

Now the next BIG ONE to watch next is Impact Wrestling. This may have the WWE try to buy it to get the 20+ year tape library of TNA/Impact Wrestling if they feel Khan will go after it next.

(That library has plenty of ex WWE guys as well as AJ Styles , Bobby Roode and more there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I called it!!!

Next up is CZW, GFW, or even RKK.

It would be funny if Cody shows up on ROH now?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Cain Velasquez is in jail for attempting murder...
    from what i heard cain shot at a guy who was arrested for molesting his kid at a daycare but hit the guys stepfather who was in the same car.

A lot of the NXT castoffs would fit the product they currently have.
    sure, but that doesn't mean they want to be seen as the new(old) nxt. they've done a good job of building their own identity .

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Sure he does, he's just never shown an inkling of it on screen where it matters then I guess....

Plenty of wrestlers put up with the scripted stuff the WWE has them do and they still manage to show their charisma. Cesaro has never done that once.
    idk, they never really gave him anything to work with. he's not great on the mic but that doesn't mean he doesn't have charisma or personality.

Kahn owns the ROH tape library and gets royalties from the WWE segments that used ROH footage till 2025.

Making some extra bank now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

did anybody else think punk looked like a dumb ass in that segment with mjf??

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Kahn owns the ROH tape library and gets royalties from the WWE segments that used ROH footage till 2025.

Making some extra bank now.
    This is why it has to irk Vince McMahon here. The WWE loves buying tape libraries and just lost some of AJ Styles , Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins matches he could have had for WWE Network. Its why I'm sure Vince is now gonna likely make a push to try and get the TNA one with a number of ex-WWE stars who worked there like Angle , Christian , Booker T and more.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is why it has to irk Vince McMahon here. The WWE loves buying tape libraries and just lost some of AJ Styles , Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins matches he could have had for WWE Network. Its why I'm sure Vince is now gonna likely make a push to try and get the TNA one with a number of ex-WWE stars who worked there like Angle , Christian , Booker T and more.
    Impact offered to sell to AEW twice before but Kahn said no.

Impact is worth ~$4M as of '22 valuations but Anthem has not negotiated any deals outside of the AEW offers.

Kahn wanted ROH for the HBO deal and current guys as well as, the rumors state, a development territory whereas TNA wanted to run independent but counter (almost like WWE's brand splits).

Doesn't sound like Impact is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Impact offered to sell to AEW twice before but Kahn said no.

Impact is worth ~$4M as of '22 valuations but Anthem has not negotiated any deals outside of the AEW offers.

Kahn wanted ROH for the HBO deal and current guys as well as, the rumors state, a development territory whereas TNA wanted to run independent but counter (almost like WWE's brand splits).

Doesn't sound like Impact is going anywhere.
    Years ago I said on these forums that Sinclair really wasn't a company to stick around. That they seemed ok to just basically let the company run as they did and didn't seem to really step in to do anything. So I questioned then (mid 2010's) how long they'd stick around ROH as owners. So I'm not shocked they sold out because...they aren't deeply invested wrestling guys. It was just something to air on the stations more or less.

Before Anthem jumped in to buy TNA/Impact , Vince was gonna likely buy the company then. He wanted the tape library and overseas deals basically (and this was when they were on POP I believe). Anthem got the company due to loans they made so Vince never really put an offer in. Stories then was Vince was interested for that.

But the Ring of Honor deal now changes the landscape deal. We may see Vince contact Anthem and come in money wise and run Impact as a developmental brand and send some NXT guys there and let loose guys they don't see a future in.

I'd say there is likely some conversations going on by Vince to his people , "Why wasn't I told about Ring of Honor selling out ? What can we do to make sure we get the other 20+ year tape library before Khan decides to go after it ?"

The big question is ..if Vince approaches Anthem with a nice money offer , do they stick in the business ? Or are they like Sinclair and decide to get out of it ?

I can't see Vince buying Impact right now. WWE's doing anything and everything to reduce spending and cut costs. Unless they got it for pennies on the dollar, I don't see it happening at all.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans