Page 285 of 902 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385785 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Vince himself will be inducting the Undertaker into the hall of fame
    I would have preferred Teddy Long do it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I would have preferred Teddy Long do it.
    I think Vince is the perfect guy to do it. Taker is his longest tenured active wrestler and Vince has a lot of reverence for him. He must mean a lot to Vince for him to be the one doing it.

The only other person that would make sense to induct the Undertaker is dead.

RIP Paul Bearer.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The only other person that would make sense to induct the Undertaker is dead.

RIP Paul Bearer.
    Kane would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Kane would make sense.
    Oh yeah, duh!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh yeah, duh!
    Would you want to after his recent comments?
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member

I would like to see an NXT effect. With NXT when someone reached the top there was usually nothing left for that wrestler to accomplish. If RoH has a guy like that should definitely make the move to AEW. The briscoes definitely shouldn't stay in RoH when they've done everything they possibly could as a tag team there.
    I actually wonder if AEW might enjoy being able to have that kind of relationship go both ways, if they can maintain the prestige and reputation of the ROH belts; like, if a big name AEW wrestler runs through the available feuds for the current time, and they want him to remain prestigious, maybe give him a bit of a break, and make sure that ROH outcomes still matter, have them stop over and dominate an ROH division for a while… and vice versa.

Like, do a brand split where the formats and styles are different enough that it feels like different types of leagues rather than different corporate branding. Like if Miro showed up on ROH, took their championship, and then when he returned to AEW was “chased” by an ROH wrestler to reclaim the belt, with it being treated as vaguely equal to the AEW belt. Or heck, maybe you give Hangman Page something like that role, and in counter to it, have some ROH champ roll over to AEW and do a brief “belt collector” reign.

ROH and AEW could act as “pressure valves” to each other.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The company wouldn't care. They never care.

Just don't treat the ROH championship like the NXT championship the NXT championship was never on the same level as the other 2 championships in WWE it never mattered out side of NXT make sure it is on the same footing as the AEW championship

Classic RoH worked as something like a developmental territory. Their biggest stars left to go to WWE or Impact. Their relationship with New Japan boiled down to having a place to sent their young lions on excursion and pad out the junior division. It definitely wasn't an equal partnership.
    and none of that was a good thing for them. also at least there was some intrigue as to where they would go, which wasn't the case for nxt.

A lot of the regulars on Dark and Aviation would make for a good foundation for the new RoH. Lee Johnson, Brock Anderson, Lee Moriarty, Alan Angels, Anthony Ogogo, and throw in a few RoH veterans like Colt Cobana, Kazarian, Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe there's a solid foundation for a new RoH. If he's willing to Tony should definitely try to get William Regal for it.
    if i was a big roh fan this is xactly what i'd be afraid of.

Just don't treat the ROH championship like the NXT championship the NXT championship was never on the same level as the other 2 championships in WWE it never mattered out side of NXT make sure it is on the same footing as the AEW championship
    the only way to REALLY make that work would be to keep them completely separate.

i saw that aew is coming to california this summer, hopefully i can make it out to socal and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    and none of that was a good thing for them. also at least there was some intrigue as to where they would go, which wasn't the case for nxt.

if i was a big roh fan this is xactly what i'd be afraid of.

the only way to REALLY make that work would be to keep them completely separate.

i saw that aew is coming to california this summer, hopefully i can make it out to socal and check it out.
    What do you mean keep them completely separate?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    What did he say?

What do you mean keep them completely separate?
    no crossover and always have people leaving cleanly put over others on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What did he say?
    about the ukraine situation "Historically in the real world, might makes right."

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    about the ukraine situation "Historically in the real world, might makes right."
    “If you on the Left and are shocked by Putin’s aggression, wake up, Sunshine. Historically in the real world, might makes right. Weakness (which is really what the Left is all about) is not a virtue. It’s a fatal character flaw.

(And, no, the US should still not get involved).”

“I highly doubt Putin cares a whit about toxic masculinity, the Cancel Culture Mutawa, or any of the other things the radical Left stands for.”
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua