Page 297 of 902 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 13529

So I guess it's official Cody has resigned with WWE he really stupid if he thinks things are going to be different WWE is the worst it's every been they ether feed him to Brock or rains then he is back in medcard hate to say it but he deserves whatever stupid thing wwe does with him

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Fair enough. But as this is a wrestling forum surely we will talk about all the aspects of the business?
    yeah, i think that's what we do for the most part. i'm just saying by not being in the business myself i have even less reason to care what bitchoff thinks

Kahn? Professional? The same guy that said he let Swole go on social media because her wrestling was crap? That's a big nope.
    you're taking my words very much out of context. i wondered if "it was possible he TRIES carry himself like a respectful professional when responding to those criticisms to avoid getting into a mud slinging **** show with those carny jackoffs." idk why you lumped swole in with those carny jackoffs but i was speaking about bitchoff and corny in particular.

that said while i don't consider swole a carny jackoff nor do i think kahn came off as respectful or professional in his response to her, i agree her "wrestling wasn't good enough" or in your words "was crap"

And people assessing AEW, the good and the bad aren't mudslinging. AEW isn't perfect and there's ample room for criticism.
    I'm pretty sure that even Tony Khan himself knows this.
    again taking me out of context. i said
    "i wonder if it's possible kahn tries to carry himself like a respectful professional when responding to those criticisms to avoid getting into a mud slinging **** show with those carny jackoffs."

i think it's a given that aew isn't perfect and there's room for criticism. on the same few pages we're talking about the poor job talent relations is doing and how i think they failed to utilize joey janela.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You realize people are razzing these awards with the Wrestling Observer Official AEW Awards. Due to the heavy favoritism given AEW for them. And while I joke about Excalibur's announcing he's ok. He's no spectacular guy and Jim Ross has to reign things in there. Hopefully the guy learns from Ross while there.

As Talent Relations he'd be taking orders from the boss...Tony Khan. Jim Ross wouldn't be going out and firing someone or not signing them if Khan wanted them. I'd personally trust the man who built the 1990's Attitude Era roster and had guys like --- Rock , Austin , Foley , HHH , Edge , Christian , and Kurt Angle signed in that span. Jim Ross will always be remembered for deciding to do a 1st to get Rock signed...he gave him money up front to make that deal.

So yeah he may not have cared for Orange Cassidy (and being honest...its Orange Cassidy , its not like he passed on Kenny Omega or Hangman Page. And Ross was clearly big on Page from 2019 as he discussed him on his podcast)

Plus he can groom someone below that.

you're right, what was i thinking?? aew bias gives a totally unfair advantage to excalibur over jim ross seeing as ex works for aew and good ol' jr works for.............hey wait a minute!!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah, i think that's what we do for the most part. i'm just saying by not being in the business myself i have even less reason to care what bitchoff thinks

you're taking my words very much out of context. i wondered if "it was possible he TRIES carry himself like a respectful professional when responding to those criticisms to avoid getting into a mud slinging **** show with those carny jackoffs." idk why you lumped swole in with those carny jackoffs but i was speaking about bitchoff and corny in particular.

that said while i don't consider swole a carny jackoff nor do i think kahn came off as respectful or professional in his response to her, i agree her "wrestling wasn't good enough" or in your words "was crap"

again taking me out of context. i said
    "i wonder if it's possible kahn tries to carry himself like a respectful professional when responding to those criticisms to avoid getting into a mud slinging **** show with those carny jackoffs."

i think it's a given that aew isn't perfect and there's room for criticism. on the same few pages we're talking about the poor job talent relations is doing and how i think they failed to utilize joey janela.

you're right, what was i thinking?? aew bias gives a totally unfair advantage to excalibur over jim ross seeing as ex works for aew and good ol' jr works for.............hey wait a minute!!
    There were people saying Pat McAfee should have won .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There were people saying Pat McAfee should have won .
    but we were talking about jr and excalibur. did you hear on dynamite when ex called a liger bomb during a match and jr asks "what's the difference between that and a power bomb??" and then ex had to explain it to him?? thank god jr was there to reign excalibur in.

personally i'd take graves over mcafee but i think both are good and would be happy if either replaced jr.

but we were talking about jr and excalibur. did you hear on dynamite when ex called a liger bomb during a match and jr asks "what's the difference between that and a power bomb??" and then ex had to explain it to him?? thank god jr was there to reign excalibur in.

personally i'd take graves over mcafee but i think both are good and would be happy if either replaced jr.
    I remember the time when Excalibur basically at home confused the audience..."That's Tommy End , I wrestled that man in Germany in 2006 ! That's Tommy End. Ok now he's Malaki Black !"

Or the time he literally killed the Butcher n Blade by calling out who they were , as the idea was to ACT SURPRISED at who they were comically. (the fans themselves acted surprised because they didn't know who they were lol)

I mean if your gonna talk screw ups...Excalibur has his share of em.

EDIT : And many on forums is basically saying Jim Ross was trying to lead Excalibur into a "why are they important" type deal and Excalibur kept yelling out their name. Which not many of the general audience knew.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 03-19-2022 at 03:50 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

so tell me again how aew bias gives excalibur an advantage over jr in the observer awards??

do you remember when jr called omega the wwe champion??

or what about wwe dynamite??

I remember the time when Excalibur basically at home confused the audience..."That's Tommy End , I wrestled that man in Germany in 2006 ! That's Tommy End. Ok now he's Malaki Black !"

Or the time he literally killed the Butcher n Blade by calling out who they were , as the idea was to ACT SURPRISED at who they were comically. (the fans themselves acted surprised because they didn't know who they were lol)

I mean if your gonna talk screw ups...Excalibur has his share of em.

EDIT : And many on forums is basically saying Jim Ross was trying to lead Excalibur into a "why are they important" type deal and Excalibur kept yelling out their name. Which not many of the general audience knew.
    idk why people think that stuff was a a screw up on his part, it seemed like he delivered the lines as planned to me. with black he said that's tommy end, he wrestled him 15yrs ago, but that man in the ring is not tommy end, that's malakai black. telling us that tommy end is now named malakai black. what part was he not supposed to say?? i agree the wording was a bit confusing but not really a botch.

the butcher & blade(a green 40yr old & 40yr old impact mid carder) segment was not a mystery angle, excalibur didn't accidently tell us who they were. it was a poorly done segment that could've been improved if ross didn't insist on being uninformed about stuff like this. could've been improved if excalibur told us more than just their names but he didn't know how jr was going to react when he told jr their names.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-19-2022 at 05:43 AM.

so tell me again how aew bias gives excalibur an advantage over jr in the observer awards??

do you remember when jr called omega the wwe champion??

or what about wwe dynamite??

idk why people think that stuff was a a screw up on his part, it seemed like he delivered the lines as planned to me. with black he said that's tommy end, he wrestled him 15yrs ago, but that man in the ring is not tommy end, that's malakai black. telling us that tommy end is now named malakai black. what part was he not supposed to say?? i agree the wording was a bit confusing but not really a botch.

the butcher & blade(a green 40yr old & 40yr old impact mid carder) segment was not a mystery angle, excalibur didn't accidently tell us who they were. it was a poorly done segment that could've been improved if ross didn't insist on being uninformed about stuff like this. could've been improved if excalibur told us more than just their names but he didn't know how jr was going to react when he told jr their names.

In one case Excalibur sit and confused the folks at home , the other the fans in attendance had no idea who these guys were (and at home). Jim Ross was leading him to do what he did best...discuss pointless **** no one will care about with these guys. I mean he did it for Malaki Black. Where no one needed to know he once was Tommy End or he wrestled him back in Germany.

I'm betting Jim Ross was like...WTF do I do here at times ? The time we need information he shuts down and repeats the names to me. The time we didn't need things he does it. lol

In all Excalibur has gotten better working alongside Jim Ross being there. When Punk arrived even Cornette joked..."Jim Ross likely took control of the booth and said...no one will say a word...ok.

In other news Dutch Mantell in his shoot interview discussed Dixie Carter and revealed something I believe we all knew.

That Dixie was a nice people person , who would be at the bar knockin back a couple as people would go to her as friends. Then use it at times to get their way. That Dixie who had no idea about the business and she could be used.

Me and a buddy discussed a joke I made about Cody Rhodes. Now I have nothing against Cody and I think he has talent for sure. Its just....well his promos show a guy with a wild ego. So here was my sketch/joke expanded....

-------------------

Cody Rhodes walks into a McDonald's. The employee waits for his order as Cody looks around then slowly begins...

"We have came to this place , this McDonald's at an important time and place. This moment , this time...we built this McDonald's..." Starts Cody.

"Sir..I just need to-" interrupts the employee. He is cut off.

"No , no this has to be said. Its all a work you see. You ask for the order , I then give the order and the process at this McDonald's continues. Because its the best business in the world. This McDonald's we all...yes all of you have built !" - Cody.

Cody turns as a huge line has formed. Many are not happy.

"Look buddy can you just let us through while you think up what you want to eat ?" - angry customer. Others chime in.

" I will not...WILL NOT TURN HEEL for you to order Chicken McNuggets !" - Cody.

"Cody , honey these people at this Wendy's just don't understand..." - Brandi

"Ma'am this is McDonald's." - Employee.

Cody looks around , shakes his head. Then looks at everyone...

"I have to leave this McDonald's I built. I'm going next door to Burger King. They have a special on 2 Whoppers for $6 bucks and I can achieve my dreams." - Cody.

"Weren't you here last week screaming out Burger King is a sh-t ran company and Whopper made you puke ?" - Guy in the back.

Cody and Brandi walk on out.

"Goodbye McDonald's. If you see me on a Burger King billboard you will know I got a better offer..." - Cody.

------------

Did this more for boredom. Lol

Ultimate Member

I'm very curious as to why Cody would actually go back to the WWE.

He must have gotten a pretty special deal to go back.

In my mind, he would have done a lot better for himself at AEW career-wise. But money talks I guess.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm very curious as to why Cody would actually go back to the WWE.

He must have gotten a pretty special deal to go back.

In my mind, he would have done a lot better for himself at AEW career-wise. But money talks I guess.
    I'm guessing he's winning the belt day one, because Roman isn't holding two belts. But it's a big deal that Cody is coming back, the WWE has had a long history of cutting the legs off stars from other companies. This feels a lot different because they don't really have a second champion and Brock is not working year round.

you know a botch is a botch but the liger bomb thing wasn't, that was intentional and i have to wonder what his intention was, how did he think asking that would add to the show?? because he didn't ask it like a serious question and i never heard him ask what was different about a fruitista bomb to regular powerbomb and he's been around long enough to know there's many variations of the powerbomb.

In one case Excalibur sit and confused the folks at home , the other the fans in attendance had no idea who these guys were (and at home). Jim Ross was leading him to do what he did best...discuss pointless **** no one will care about with these guys. I mean he did it for Malaki Black. Where no one needed to know he once was Tommy End or he wrestled him back in Germany.

I'm betting Jim Ross was like...WTF do I do here at times ? The time we need information he shuts down and repeats the names to me. The time we didn't need things he does it. lol

In all Excalibur has gotten better working alongside Jim Ross being there. When Punk arrived even Cornette joked..."Jim Ross likely took control of the booth and said...no one will say a word...ok.

how can you get across he's not the same person he used to be w/o saying who he used to be?? there was a video that prefaced the segment all about the transformation.

so tell me again how aew bias gave excalibur an advantage in the observer awards??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-19-2022 at 11:31 PM.

you know a botch is a botch but the liger bomb thing wasn't, that was intentional and i have to wonder what his intention was, how did he think asking that would add to the show?? because he didn't ask it like a serious question and i never heard him ask what was different about a fruitista bomb to regular powerbomb and he's been around long enough to know there's many variations of the powerbomb.

how can you get across he's not the same person he used to be w/o saying who he used to be?? there was a video that prefaced the segment all about the transformation.

so tell me again how aew bias gave excalibur an advantage in the observer awards??
    I think again you missed it where it was joked the entire awards...not just Excalibur award lol.

Also by not mentioning who he used to be. I hate to tell you this...no one gave any fucks that Black was once Tommy End or Excalibur once wrestled him back in 2006. Its why that got laughs last year.

I think again you missed it where it was joked the entire awards...not just Excalibur award lol.
    but we were only talking about excalibur and jr, the joke was the awards are aew biased but they both work for aew.

Also by not mentioning who he used to be. I hate to tell you this...no one gave any fucks that Black was once Tommy End or Excalibur once wrestled him back in 2006. Its why that got laughs last year.
    black gave a fuk enough to make a cinematic video all about him not being tommy end anymore. somebody should've told him nobody gave a fuk about his career before aew before he went through all the time and trouble to make the video

got quite a few views from people who didn't give a fuk.

not sure what the big hang up is about ex mentioning he wrestled him 15yrs prior, what's the difference between that and tenay saying he saw somebody wrestle 10yrs ago in japan?? some people enjoy little stuff like that, and the people who don't care won't care.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-20-2022 at 12:46 AM.

And I know this post won't be liked. But Jim Ross has something Excalibur doesn't yet. He may never get it really.

Certain announcers just come across as "honest". They have this thing where they aren't shilling everyone in a company or trying to sell folks. The WWE really doesn't have that beyond Pat McAfee. Who just comes across as this excited honest guy. No idea if Vince will ruin that and make him a constant sell robot there or not.

But Jim Ross like Joey Styles to the audience have this deal where...they aren't selling everyone. They aren't into certain ones and they have the honesty to fans to not do it.

I remember 2 years ago how folks told me Jim Ross should be selling Orange Cassidy etc. That its his job to sell everyone and be like the corporate normal announcers we see.

But it just wouldn't fit who Jim Ross is to do this. It would be trying to take the heart from his announcing.

I really think Excalibur has improved a lot. But can he get to a Jim Ross level where if he's not feeling that person he doesn't have to sell them like those he feels best for ? Can he get to that ?

Few have done it. Jim Ross gets that freedom ...Joey had it. Pat is seemingly getting it. Hopefully when Ross retires they get someone with the same type of mentality of...not every person needs hardcore sold lol