Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2798
  1. #31
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,676

    Default

    During AEW last night it appears the Bucks , Good Brothers and Omega all joined together in an uneasy alliance. Its now being called an Invasion as Jericho claims as Doc and Gallows came out during the end.


    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  2. #32

    Default

    Tama Tonga has been fantastic on twitter with all this "Bullet Club Reunion" stuff. So good.
    Last Read: Barefoot Gen vol. 1

    Monthly Pull List: Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Nightwing, Robin, Shazam!, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Wonder Girl

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah but it's not like the Legends are coming back to wrestle either.
    They are wrestling. Goldberg squashed Owens, Wyatt and Ziggler. How is a casual fan supposed to take any of them as a serious threat if a 50+ year old guy that shows up twice a year crushes them in under a minute?

    At least when Cena comes back randomly he puts people over.
    Last Read: Barefoot Gen vol. 1

    Monthly Pull List: Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Nightwing, Robin, Shazam!, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Wonder Girl

  4. #34
    Spectacular Member Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They are wrestling. Goldberg squashed Owens, Wyatt and Ziggler. How is a casual fan supposed to take any of them as a serious threat if a 50+ year old guy that shows up twice a year crushes them in under a minute?
    I can only hope that sanity will prevail and if the match happens, Goldberg will job well and proper.
    My hopes might not be very high, but they're there...

  5. #35
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,491

    Default

    The best outcome to hope for is Drew nails Goldberg with the claymore at the first of the match and end it there. Put him over strong.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They are wrestling. Goldberg squashed Owens, Wyatt and Ziggler. How is a casual fan supposed to take any of them as a serious threat if a 50+ year old guy that shows up twice a year crushes them in under a minute?

    At least when Cena comes back randomly he puts people over.
    Ziggler's 40 and pretty much jobs to everyone part timer or not, why wouldn't Goldberg squash him? Age shouldn't matter, this is wrestling. An undead zombie wizard mortician and his fire summoning demon brother exist. Goldberg still looks like he can destroy most of the roster. And let's not act like Goldberg never loses either. Brock and Braun have both handily beat him since he came back. I don't think he's going to beat Drew either, he'll hit a few spears with Drew countering the last attempt into a Claymore.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    During AEW last night it appears the Bucks , Good Brothers and Omega all joined together in an uneasy alliance. Its now being called an Invasion as Jericho claims as Doc and Gallows came out during the end.


    it makes no sense as an "invasion" the good brothers are the impact tag champions so they "invade" and immediately align themselves with the AEW tag champions and world champion.

    Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Ziggler's 40 and pretty much jobs to everyone part timer or not, why wouldn't Goldberg squash him? Age shouldn't matter, this is wrestling. An undead zombie wizard mortician and his fire summoning demon brother exist. Goldberg still looks like he can destroy most of the roster. And let's not act like Goldberg never loses either. Brock and Braun have both handily beat him since he came back. I don't think he's going to beat Drew either, he'll hit a few spears with Drew countering the last attempt into a Claymore.
    he really doesn't. goldberg is fine squashing mid-card lifers but he does NOBODY any good challenging(much less beating or even worse squashing) champions and contenders.


    so.............is charlotte a heel?? i hate to keep asking but but it truly is one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-08-2021 at 12:29 AM.

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    8,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Ziggler's 40 and pretty much jobs to everyone part timer or not, why wouldn't Goldberg squash him? Age shouldn't matter, this is wrestling. An undead zombie wizard mortician and his fire summoning demon brother exist. Goldberg still looks like he can destroy most of the roster. And let's not act like Goldberg never loses either. Brock and Braun have both handily beat him since he came back. I don't think he's going to beat Drew either, he'll hit a few spears with Drew countering the last attempt into a Claymore.
    He doesn't.

    And Goldberg squashing younger stars does no one any favors.

    During the "golden era" of the WWE/F, you won't see older guys come in and smash younger ones for the simple reason that it hurts the business. The Fiend has been almost been completely derailed by that loss to Goldberg. If the legends are coming into wrestle, it should be to make the younger guys look good, an aging wheezing Goldberg squashing younger guys makes everyone look bad.

  9. #39
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,764

    Default

    But then again people would notice if the old guy just shows up to lose to the younger guy, people would figure it out and that would hurt business as well, you'd have to balance it out somewhat or else it'd be bad either way...

  10. #40
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it makes no sense as an "invasion" the good brothers are the impact tag champions so they "invade" and immediately align themselves with the AEW tag champions and world champion.
    If you watch the Bucks aren't so ...sold on this alliance. Its an uneasy deal and likely will break apart at some point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  11. #41

    Default

    Finally got around to watching Dynamite. Still need to watch NXT. Been too busy getting caught up with Wrestle Kingdom. We're only 8 days into 2021 and there's already, like, 4 match of the year contenders. If this keeps up 2021 is going to be amazing for wrestling.

    The AEW title match was fantastic. I don't think I've seen Omega and Fenix have a bad match. They really seem to bring out the best in each other. Maybe Kenny's best repeat opponent along with Okada.
    Last Read: Barefoot Gen vol. 1

    Monthly Pull List: Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Nightwing, Robin, Shazam!, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Wonder Girl

  12. #42
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,428

    Default

    Omega rarely has bad matches with anyone.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Omega rarely has bad matches with anyone.
    That is true. But there are some wrestlers he just has better chemistry with.
    Last Read: Barefoot Gen vol. 1

    Monthly Pull List: Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Nightwing, Robin, Shazam!, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Wonder Girl

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    8,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then again people would notice if the old guy just shows up to lose to the younger guy, people would figure it out and that would hurt business as well, you'd have to balance it out somewhat or else it'd be bad either way...
    Then they shouldn't wrestle.

    Use them for minimal spots but I don't want to see the likes of Oldberg squash someone like the Fiend ever again.

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If you watch the Bucks aren't so ...sold on this alliance. Its an uneasy deal and likely will break apart at some point
    but at THIS POINT it doesn't make sense to call it an invasion. an inter-promotional faction is more like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Finally got around to watching Dynamite. Still need to watch NXT. Been too busy getting caught up with Wrestle Kingdom. We're only 8 days into 2021 and there's already, like, 4 match of the year contenders. If this keeps up 2021 is going to be amazing for wrestling.

    The AEW title match was fantastic. I don't think I've seen Omega and Fenix have a bad match. They really seem to bring out the best in each other. Maybe Kenny's best repeat opponent along with Okada.
    kind of a shame the ratings for these shows were probably very low considering how many were watching the parade of ass clowns in D.C

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Omega rarely has bad matches with anyone.
    this is true and i'm not even a fan of kenny.


    shit didn't even realize tyler bateman(not to be confused with tyler bate from the UK) signed with RoH. good for him, hope he does well. i wasn't real impressed with him at 1st but he grew on me tagging with brodie king.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-09-2021 at 02:32 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •