Page 3 of 902 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

During AEW last night it appears the Bucks , Good Brothers and Omega all joined together in an uneasy alliance. Its now being called an Invasion as Jericho claims as Doc and Gallows came out during the end.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Tama Tonga has been fantastic on twitter with all this "Bullet Club Reunion" stuff. So good.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah but it's not like the Legends are coming back to wrestle either.
    They are wrestling. Goldberg squashed Owens, Wyatt and Ziggler. How is a casual fan supposed to take any of them as a serious threat if a 50+ year old guy that shows up twice a year crushes them in under a minute?

At least when Cena comes back randomly he puts people over.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They are wrestling. Goldberg squashed Owens, Wyatt and Ziggler. How is a casual fan supposed to take any of them as a serious threat if a 50+ year old guy that shows up twice a year crushes them in under a minute?
    I can only hope that sanity will prevail and if the match happens, Goldberg will job well and proper.
    My hopes might not be very high, but they're there...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The best outcome to hope for is Drew nails Goldberg with the claymore at the first of the match and end it there. Put him over strong.

At least when Cena comes back randomly he puts people over.
    Ziggler's 40 and pretty much jobs to everyone part timer or not, why wouldn't Goldberg squash him? Age shouldn't matter, this is wrestling. An undead zombie wizard mortician and his fire summoning demon brother exist. Goldberg still looks like he can destroy most of the roster. And let's not act like Goldberg never loses either. Brock and Braun have both handily beat him since he came back. I don't think he's going to beat Drew either, he'll hit a few spears with Drew countering the last attempt into a Claymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    During AEW last night it appears the Bucks , Good Brothers and Omega all joined together in an uneasy alliance. Its now being called an Invasion as Jericho claims as Doc and Gallows came out during the end.

it makes no sense as an "invasion" the good brothers are the impact tag champions so they "invade" and immediately align themselves with the AEW tag champions and world champion.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Ziggler's 40 and pretty much jobs to everyone part timer or not, why wouldn't Goldberg squash him? Age shouldn't matter, this is wrestling. An undead zombie wizard mortician and his fire summoning demon brother exist. Goldberg still looks like he can destroy most of the roster. And let's not act like Goldberg never loses either. Brock and Braun have both handily beat him since he came back. I don't think he's going to beat Drew either, he'll hit a few spears with Drew countering the last attempt into a Claymore.
    he really doesn't. goldberg is fine squashing mid-card lifers but he does NOBODY any good challenging(much less beating or even worse squashing) champions and contenders.

so.............is charlotte a heel?? i hate to keep asking but but it truly is one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-08-2021 at 12:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    He doesn't.

And Goldberg squashing younger stars does no one any favors.

During the "golden era" of the WWE/F, you won't see older guys come in and smash younger ones for the simple reason that it hurts the business. The Fiend has been almost been completely derailed by that loss to Goldberg. If the legends are coming into wrestle, it should be to make the younger guys look good, an aging wheezing Goldberg squashing younger guys makes everyone look bad.

Ultimate Member

But then again people would notice if the old guy just shows up to lose to the younger guy, people would figure it out and that would hurt business as well, you'd have to balance it out somewhat or else it'd be bad either way...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it makes no sense as an "invasion" the good brothers are the impact tag champions so they "invade" and immediately align themselves with the AEW tag champions and world champion.
    If you watch the Bucks aren't so ...sold on this alliance. Its an uneasy deal and likely will break apart at some point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Finally got around to watching Dynamite. Still need to watch NXT. Been too busy getting caught up with Wrestle Kingdom. We're only 8 days into 2021 and there's already, like, 4 match of the year contenders. If this keeps up 2021 is going to be amazing for wrestling.

The AEW title match was fantastic. I don't think I've seen Omega and Fenix have a bad match. They really seem to bring out the best in each other. Maybe Kenny's best repeat opponent along with Okada.

Omega rarely has bad matches with anyone.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That is true. But there are some wrestlers he just has better chemistry with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then again people would notice if the old guy just shows up to lose to the younger guy, people would figure it out and that would hurt business as well, you'd have to balance it out somewhat or else it'd be bad either way...
    Then they shouldn't wrestle.

Use them for minimal spots but I don't want to see the likes of Oldberg squash someone like the Fiend ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If you watch the Bucks aren't so ...sold on this alliance. Its an uneasy deal and likely will break apart at some point
    but at THIS POINT it doesn't make sense to call it an invasion. an inter-promotional faction is more like it.

Finally got around to watching Dynamite. Still need to watch NXT. Been too busy getting caught up with Wrestle Kingdom. We're only 8 days into 2021 and there's already, like, 4 match of the year contenders. If this keeps up 2021 is going to be amazing for wrestling.

The AEW title match was fantastic. I don't think I've seen Omega and Fenix have a bad match. They really seem to bring out the best in each other. Maybe Kenny's best repeat opponent along with Okada.
    kind of a shame the ratings for these shows were probably very low considering how many were watching the parade of ass clowns in D.C

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    this is true and i'm not even a fan of kenny.

**** didn't even realize tyler bateman(not to be confused with tyler bate from the UK) signed with RoH. good for him, hope he does well. i wasn't real impressed with him at 1st but he grew on me tagging with brodie king.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-09-2021 at 02:32 AM.