Page 300 of 902 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

JJ Dillion sued Kevin Sullivan for a boat loan he never paid back on Judge Steve Harvey

https://twitter.com/westsideniner/st...457641473?s=21

What is this timeline

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A big title change is rumored.

My bet is the tag titles.
    probably mox/brianson winning it. i heard a while back brianson wanted to work a pwg show but was told no because they didn't want him to wrestle in socal before aew does a show in the area 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Owens getting Austin is a BIG NOTCH for his career. Its up to WWE to see that and push him as that ahead.
    could be, more likely he takes a stunner at mania and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was today years old when I learned Christopher Daniels is AEW's vice president of talent relations.
    i thought you already knew when we were having this discussion a few pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't want JR to do talent relations for AEW. They need someone who is in tune with the current wrestling landscape for the job and JR ain't it. If it were up to him Orange Cassidy wouldn't have a job. William Regal would be the perfect man for the job since they have him on the payroll now
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you'd think christopher daniels would be the perfect man for the job, he's definitely in tune with the current landscape. i wonder what the deal is there??

Random but Brit Baker was at a local comic con in my area this past weekend. I got the chance to met her and took a pic with her as well. She is really nice in person but it was annoying some dudes were making a remark about the thumbtacks and stuff were fake in her match with thunder last week. It clearly annoyed her so much so she made an IG story about it. I was so embarrassed but luckily not all fans are like this.

Kris Statlander was also VERY cool. Ruby was a hit or miss (according to some people who met her over the weekend).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Random but Brit Baker was at a local comic con in my area this past weekend. I got the chance to met her and took a pic with her as well. She is really nice in person but it was annoying some dudes were making a remark about the thumbtacks and stuff were fake in her match with thunder last week. It clearly annoyed her so much so she made an IG story about it. I was so embarrassed but luckily not all fans are like this.
    It is embarrassing. Hypothetically, even if they were fake (which they weren't), I don't see why that much matters...you'd think hardcore wrestling fans would especially know that whatever tacks or sledgehammers or etc are real or not, all the bumps are very real and wrestling is a brutally physically (and mentally) punishing sport. Waking up sore, being sore, expecting that a lot of soreness is probably in your future until you die. You would think fans would think about that more.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-23-2022 at 11:21 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

probably mox/brianson winning it. i heard a while back brianson wanted to work a pwg show but was told no because they didn't want him to wrestle in socal before aew does a show in the area 1st.

i thought you already knew when we were having this discussion a few pages back.
    I knew he worked talent relations but wasn't aware of his official job title. Or that he had the power to broker the DDT deal.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think we all know Owens is gonna lose this. But its the highest profile match he's had in WWE. So its up to them after to push him. Since they are paying a big price right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Is Stone Cold actually having a match?

It sounds more like its just going to be a segment and a beat down.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Is Stone Cold actually having a match?

It sounds more like its just going to be a segment and a beat down.
    They are calling it a KO Show comically. But as Austin said weeks ago.."You can call it a match , a fight or a KO Show..whatever you want." So its a match , its not gonna go long. But from last summer Austin had a ring put in at his home to work out with. So he's been working for this it seems awhile.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

I'm unconvinced that KO will get anything out of it because it doesn't especially matter what the set-up is, since he's probably Vince's idea of a midcarder being served up to a legend for a pop at Wrestlemania and nothing in particular after that.

You don't get the rub if you're just the jobber for a part-timer, much less a retired one-time special attraction. Not in WWE.

Him getting treated better afterwards is a separate question compared to him being served on a platter.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Speaking of this...I think that beyond Owens dressing as Austin to mock him , the entire thing has went PG flat. Its like the company just didn't put a lot of creative behind Austin's return at Texas at a Wrestlemania. In years past this would have been a HOT program and Austin would have appeared for weeks on TV.

Logically they should have started this at Royal Rumble. Where Austin would have been the outside ring special referee.

- Austin before this PPV on RAW weeks earlier he even shares a beer with Owens as we see Kevin introduce his son to him. Its said Owens idolized the Texas rattlesnake as he details he became a pro wrestler due to Austin. You develop how close Owens and Austin are.

- After losing the Royal Rumble and getting eliminated a frustrated Owens gets Austin named special guest referee at the February PPV/Event where he can become #1 contender and go to Wrestlemania to face Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns . Austin doesn't want to do this but agrees as Owens is afraid the company will screw him and he needs a pal to watch his back.

- Losing this one we see Owens on TV breaking down. Austin , tired of Kevin Owens doing this tells him to grow the f-ck up and be a MAN again. To stop blaming others like a crybaby. Its tough talk from Stone Cold. Owens acts like he understands his heroes words. Then after a slap on the back and thank you....Owens nails Austin with a chair shot ! He then lays into him with a few chair shots and a stunner of his own.

(Sadly the old WWE would do blood from this...but current WWE wouldn't)

Next week we see Owens begin insulting Austin along the way. Starting in on Texas and trash etc.

- Finally Austin announces he's coming back for one last match. That Owens awoke the old Stone Cold....and he's gonna wish he never did !

(This is better than what we saw play out with Owens just doing insults etc for this and no Austin appearance on WWE TV)

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It is embarrassing. Hypothetically, even if they were fake (which they weren't), I don't see why that much matters...you'd think hardcore wrestling fans would especially know that whatever tacks or sledgehammers or etc are real or not, all the bumps are very real and wrestling is a brutally physically (and mentally) punishing sport. Waking up sore, being sore, expecting that a lot of soreness is probably in your future until you die. You would think fans would think about that more.
    Right I was like are you guys even fans of wrestling or just casuals trying to be edgy and cool in public SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of this...I think that beyond Owens dressing as Austin to mock him , the entire thing has went PG flat. Its like the company just didn't put a lot of creative behind Austin's return at Texas at a Wrestlemania. In years past this would have been a HOT program and Austin would have appeared for weeks on TV.

Logically they should have started this at Royal Rumble. Where Austin would have been the outside ring special referee.

- Austin before this PPV on RAW weeks earlier he even shares a beer with Owens as we see Kevin introduce his son to him. Its said Owens idolized the Texas rattlesnake as he details he became a pro wrestler due to Austin. You develop how close Owens and Austin are.

- After losing the Royal Rumble and getting eliminated a frustrated Owens gets Austin named special guest referee at the February PPV/Event where he can become #1 contender and go to Wrestlemania to face Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns . Austin doesn't want to do this but agrees as Owens is afraid the company will screw him and he needs a pal to watch his back.

- Losing this one we see Owens on TV breaking down. Austin , tired of Kevin Owens doing this tells him to grow the f-ck up and be a MAN again. To stop blaming others like a crybaby. Its tough talk from Stone Cold. Owens acts like he understands his heroes words. Then after a slap on the back and thank you....Owens nails Austin with a chair shot ! He then lays into him with a few chair shots and a stunner of his own.

(Sadly the old WWE would do blood from this...but current WWE wouldn't)

Next week we see Owens begin insulting Austin along the way. Starting in on Texas and trash etc.

- Finally Austin announces he's coming back for one last match. That Owens awoke the old Stone Cold....and he's gonna wish he never did !

(This is better than what we saw play out with Owens just doing insults etc for this and no Austin appearance on WWE TV)

Kinda like what they are doing with Cody and Seth. I mean this Monday coming up is the go home Raw show for Wrestlemania so if they are doing Cody VS Seth, Cody will have to screw pop up on Raw and get into it with Seth with no real story.

If I was a wrestler like Abyss (who wrecked his body over years of this) , Angle or even Baker I'd carry a legal waiver and thumb tacks in a bag. "ok...so the thumb tacks are fake huh. Well if you sign this legal waiver stating your allowing me to body slam you onto them...you can tell me how fake they are after."

Wonder how many of these fools would back that up if they were challenged to that whole.."Its all fake..." nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Kinda like what they are doing with Cody and Seth. I mean this Monday coming up is the go home Raw show for Wrestlemania so if they are doing Cody VS Seth, Cody will have to screw pop up on Raw and get into it with Seth with no real story.
    I can see next week's Raw having Seth laugh a lot and somehow weasel his way into the US Title match with Balor and Priest. That may be when Cody appears? The only other possibility is Seth showing up at Mania and issue an open challenge and Cody debuts then.

Does anyone else see Moxley and Danielson's faction on a collision course with Jericho's "Sports Entertainment" faction? They seem to represent the two diametrically opposed views of what professional wrestling should be.
    Watching television is not an activity.