Page 304 of 902 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't want AEW to simply become an "American NJPW" (except for the 5 star matches, I will take all the 5 star matches Tony wants to serve up). It's difficult to know what Tony wants, but we know he's a big NJPW guy (AEW was originally inspired by Omega vs Jericho in NJPW), and a lot of AEW is similar to japanese booking, so it's pretty fair to suspect that Tony is trying to make AEW into some N.American version of New Japan. And I just hope Tony doesn't drive too hard in the direction, because I just don't think it will help Tony get AEW to where I think Tony wants it to get. Tony grew up watching WCW from what I understand and was a fan and ...WCW was not like NJPW, WCW wasn't some N.American NJPW.
    ... Wasn't 90s WCW inspired by puro to the point that was were the idea of the nWo and the multi finisher kicks outs ...???
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Steiner brothers are being inducted into the HoF
    https://twitter.com/bronbreakkerwwe/...JxWwx8D_qYs1aA
    Wow....i'm genuinely shocked.

Scott in particular has been talking sh!t about the HOF for a while.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

He may not be attending it. We could see just Rick there since his son is becoming a big player there now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He may not be attending it. We could see just Rick there since his son is becoming a big player there now.
    They aren't going to induct someone that's still alive and not have them be there, even more so since they have to get approval from them (or their family, if they're deceased) to even induct them in the first place. If Scott didn't want to do it then they would have just inducted Rick solo.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Scott is likely doing it for the payday. Paul Orndorf only accepted his hof induction for the payday. He left his plag
    Wue in the hotel because that's how much he didn't care. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same for Scott.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 03-28-2022 at 01:53 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Scott is likely doing it for the payday. Paul Orndorf only accepted his hof induction for the payday. He left his plague in the hotel because that's how much he didn't care. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same for Scott.
    Paul could have had two paydays if he simply sold his plaque instead.
    FirstAttachment.jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-28-2022 at 01:55 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They aren't going to induct someone that's still alive and not have them be there, even more so since they have to get approval from them (or their family, if they're deceased) to even induct them in the first place. If Scott didn't want to do it then they would have just inducted Rick solo.
    Rick never had a big solo career really to induct. If Scott isn't there I won't be shocked.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Rick never had a big solo career really to induct. If Scott isn't there I won't be shocked.
    Scott will have to sign off the induction for him to be included at all. IIRC, all inductees need to sign legends contracts to get in.

This argument holds no weight on the same year they're also inducting Sharmell.

Again, they can't induct Scott without his permission to do so.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Fantastic Member

Still no Legacy class though...that's my favorite part of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This argument holds no weight on the same year they're also inducting Sharmell.

Again, they can't induct Scott without his permission to do so.
    Scott may have gave his permission sure. For Rick to go in and make some money. He could just not attend (which wouldn't shock me).

Again he may show so who knows. Scott Steiner was always unpredictable anyhow.

Edge - Styles got moved from Saturday to Sunday at Mania, I would guess Rollins - Cody will be on Saturday now?

Scott may have gave his permission sure. For Rick to go in and make some money. He could just not attend (which wouldn't shock me).

Again he may show so who knows. Scott Steiner was always unpredictable anyhow.
    As there been anyone who was alive that got inducted but didn't intend the ceremony? To my knowledge that hasn't happen.

As there been anyone who was alive that got inducted but didn't intend the ceremony? To my knowledge that hasn't happen.
    Scott Steiner would be a 1st if it happens lol. Heck at one time in 2015 he was banned from the building from Hall of Fame due to comments he made lol

Astonishing Member

So sad that it is Wrestlemania week and the HOF is the major topic of discussion.