Page 328 of 902 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Well they don't get as much time sure the other 2 not so much.
    I agree with it 100%. I'm a huge AEW fan but Becky isn't wrong. WWE has done a far better job at making the women an integral part of their product while AEW uses them more like an attraction. I also think the talent pool of women in WWE is better than what AEW has at the moment. Britt, Rosa, Shida, Deeb and Jade (in terms of character and presence) are the standouts. They still have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I agree with it 100%. I'm a huge AEW fan but Becky isn't wrong. WWE has done a far better job at making the women an integral part of their product while AEW uses them more like an attraction. I also think the talent pool of women in WWE is better than what AEW has at the moment. Britt, Rosa, Shida, Deeb and Jade (in terms of character and presence) are the standouts. They still have a long way to go.
    I think AEW is catching up really fast they don't get as much time as WWE but I think they are doing really good

wwe also has like a decade of bra & panty matches to make up for, not to mention lesbian lana & liv was only a couple of years ago as well.

i think you're selling hayter, storm, conti, statlander, & martinez short here.

Extraordinary Member

I never criticize the wrestlers in AEW's women's division, just the booking

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I never criticize the wrestlers in AEW's women's division, just the booking
    agreed, i think the best talent in aew is on par with the best talent in wwe. think wwe for better or worse just does more with their division period. aew's booking of the women's division isn't even bad, they just need to do more.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

AEW is making strides but they aren’t there yet.

WWE (as much as I give them crap) is considerably ahead of them. WWE’s main female roster is stacked with talent right now and what they’ve done is really impressive (it’s a far cry from the sexist bullshit they used to put on TV). The likes of Bianca, Charlotte, Becky, Asuka and even Rhea are some of WWEs best wrestlers regardless of gender.

It will take more than putting the title on the likes of Jade for AEW to catch up with WWE (not saying that Jade is terrible but she shouldn’t have been a champion yet).
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-27-2022 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

AEW is making strides but they aren’t there yet.

WWE (as much as I give them crap) is considerably ahead of them. WWE’s main female roster is stacked with talent right now and what they’ve done is really impressive (it’s a far cry from the sexist bullshit they used to put on TV). The likes of Bianca, Charlotte, Becky, Asuka and even Rhea are some of WWEs best wrestlers regardless of gender.

It will take more than putting the title on the likes of Jade for AEW to catch up with WWE (not saying that Jade is terrible but she shouldn’t have been a champion yet).
    wwe has been developing their division for over a decade now though, they should be ahead. and let's not forget becky's rise to superstardom for the most part came in spite of wwe booking not because of it.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-27-2022 at 06:01 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I agree with this big time: (scattered excerpts)

The Blackpool Combat Club is loved by some AEW fans, but the group might be a mistake in the booking of Bryan Danielson.

When Bryan Danielson debuted at AEW All Out last year, it felt like a moment that was going to change the landscape of professional wrestling. For the first time in years, it felt like WWE had a genuine contender, with AEW bringing in "The American Dragon", as well as superstars like CM Punk and Adam Cole within the space of a few weeks. Unfortunately, since then, Danielson's booking has left a lot to be desired.

Now, Danielson is part of a trio with Moxley and Yuta, participating in random 6-man tag matches. It is hard not to feel that AEW could be getting so much more out of Danielson than they are at the moment.

Bryan Danielson is arguably the biggest mainstream star that AEW have on their roster right now. If not, he is second to only CM Punk. At the moment though, he seems to be a bit lost in the middle of the card.
    https://www.thesportster.com/aew-bry...-club-mistake/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-27-2022 at 11:13 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wwe also has like a decade of bra & panty matches to make up for, not to mention lesbian lana & liv was only a couple of years ago as well.

i think you're selling hayter, storm, conti, statlander, & martinez short here.
    Even during the era of bras and panties the company was still ahead of curb. At least they a women's division. WCW phrased theirs out in the early 90s and never brought it back and ECW only ever had valets. Not ideal but better than literally nothing.

I was never impressed with Storm, Statlander is held back with a stupid gimmick and Martinez has disappeared after her program with Rosa.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

AEW were in a no-win situation with that. Their plan from day 1 was to build Hangman up to be their champion. They had to pull the trigger on that. If they waited any longer he would have cooled off more than he already had. They either had to go with the plan (which they did) or derail everything to make Danielson champion. Either way they were stuck in a bad position.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    AEW were in a no-win situation with that. Their plan from day 1 was to build Hangman up to be their champion. They had to pull the trigger on that. If they waited any longer he would have cooled off more than he already had. They either had to go with the plan (which they did) or derail everything to make Danielson champion. Either way they were stuck in a bad position.
    I'd argue it's better to have built a new star successfully and merely have a proven one is more of a supporting role than to just milk the proven one some more; a proven money-maker is easier to reinvigorate just by giving him the right opponent.

Like... I could see them pushing Danielson, Punk, Moxley, or Jericho back into a top-card roll, much like WWE could do, but the fact their "Five Pillars" are all clearly established stars as well who can do the job too makes me more interested. Plus, because AEW wrestlers can be *actual* free agents, they can pursue matches and bookings elsewhere to raise their profile if they feel stifled.

Personally, the guy I'm waiting to resurface is Miro.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

brianson already raised the stock of their champion, helped create a new star in yuta and with 2 weeks of build could credibly challenge for the title again at any time. i think they'll be ok.

Even during the era of bras and panties the company was still ahead of curb. At least they a women's division. WCW phrased theirs out in the early 90s and never brought it back and ECW only ever had valets. Not ideal but better than literally nothing.

I was never impressed with Storm, Statlander is held back with a stupid gimmick and Martinez has disappeared after her program with Rosa.
    i very much disagree. it's like saying women being degraded on tv is better than women not being on tv at all. imo all that shit really hurt the perception of women's wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd argue it's better to have built a new star successfully and merely have a proven one is more of a supporting role than to just milk the proven one some more; a proven money-maker is easier to reinvigorate just by giving him the right opponent.

Like... I could see them pushing Danielson, Punk, Moxley, or Jericho back into a top-card roll, much like WWE could do, but the fact their "Five Pillars" are all clearly established stars as well who can do the job too makes me more interested. Plus, because AEW wrestlers can be *actual* free agents, they can pursue matches and bookings elsewhere to raise their profile if they feel stifled.

Personally, the guy I'm waiting to resurface is Miro.
    i don't want to see every big signing come in and win the title right away. brianson got a title program pretty quickly and that was cool but i'm glad he didn't win it.

i don't know why people think aew has to be so mainstream so quickly, they're growing at a decent pace just being a wrestling promotion.

Ember Moon details the her frustrations with creative in her last four months at WWE

The ring ropes snapped during a match between Lashley and Drew Mac
    https://twitter.com/louie_von05/stat...OpDy5Fbmtu7_PA

Ember Moon details the her frustrations with creative in her last four months at WWE

just bitter she's not as good as the rest of the division.

moose vs alexander was great, ishii is getting next shot. kind of xplains why they had iishi go over jonah but still not a great longterm call imo.

does anybody see ace austin as anything more than slightly above average?? i just don't see it with that guy. they should really give willie mack a run with the x-division title.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-28-2022 at 11:50 PM.