Page 34 of 902 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

The Orton puking 5 w 30 / Alexis Bliss giggling with a Jack in The Box is starting to drag. Hopefully this pays off other than Wyatt jobbing at Mania.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    The Orton puking 5 w 30 / Alexis Bliss giggling with a Jack in The Box is starting to drag. Hopefully this pays off other than Wyatt jobbing at Mania.
    I'm fairly certain this is leading to another Firefly Funhouse Match

Astonishing Member

I would love for MVP to shout out the Nation of Domination but in a heelish way. They could mention they thought the Godfather was a clown but Kama the ultimate fighting machine was a killer, how Ron Simmons once a World champion became a one word catch phrase joke but Faarooq told uncomfortable truths and built a powerful faction that shook the WWE. They can thank the Rock for congratulating Lashley on the title win but not the t-shirt wearing, pie eating hanging out with Foley Rock but the expensive designer shirt and sun glasses wearing heel that was the best in the business. All of this as a way of bring out Mark Henry and lambaste him for the smiling Sexual Chocolate but wanting to see the rebirth of the Hall of Pain. All of this to reinforce the "we don't want your love WWE universe" vibe the Hurt Business is putting out which will make the fans like them even more. I also heard that Mark wants one last mini run and if he does, I would prefer it as the Hall of Pain monster that got the title not the smiling friendly Sexual Chocolate.

Astonishing Member

It's...Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's...Christian.
    When I posted on another forum (an AEW subforum of a Pro Wrestling message board) that I was a bit underwhelmed by this latest AEW signing I was accused, no joke, of being "delusional" and called a "WWE loving idiot" because I thought the "mega, mega star" and "game-changer" hype of Tony Khan was more worthy of say a Cena, a Brock, a Rock, exact, level star with crossover appeal than of Christian (nothing against him but he isn't that type of name inside and especially outside the Pro Wrestling bubble). Seldom have I been so viciously attacked for holding a different opinion (and I used to frequent the political board here which can get pretty heated lol).
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-09-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    When I posted on another forum that I was a bit underwhelmed by this latest AEW signing I was accused, no joke, of being "delusional" and called a "WWE loving idiot" because I thought the "mega, mega star" and "game-changer" hype of Tony Khan was more worthy of say a Cena, a Brock, a Rock, exact, level star with crossover appeal than of Christian. Seldom have I been so viciously attacked for holding a different opinion (and I used to frequent the political board here which can get pretty heated lol).
    Well Christian is great!

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Well Christian is great!
    He is a good hand (I greatly enjoyed his TNA run when I was much younger) there is no doubt about that but I feel Tony Khan over hyped his appeal especially with lapsed fans and crossover fans. My issue isn't with Christian it is with Tony Khan who has, to a lesser degree, been guilty of overhyping before.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    I do love Chris Bey. A great young wrestler with a solid gimmick.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-09-2021 at 08:08 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

He is a good hand (I greatly enjoyed his TNA run when I was much younger) there is no doubt about that but I feel Tony Khan over hyped his appeal especially with lapsed fans and crossover fans. My issue isn't with Christian it is with Tony Khan who has, to a lesser degree, been guilty of overhyping before.
    The bar for this announcement was "Bigger deal than Big Show signing with AEW". And as good as Christian is, him in AEW doesn't pass that bar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The bar for this announcement was "Bigger deal than Big Show signing with AEW". And as good as Christian is, him in AEW doesn't pass that bar
    Indeed, the hype was not real in this case.

Astonishing Member

Transformers TCG player

When I posted on another forum (an AEW subforum of a Pro Wrestling message board) that I was a bit underwhelmed by this latest AEW signing I was accused, no joke, of being "delusional" and called a "WWE loving idiot" because I thought the "mega, mega star" and "game-changer" hype of Tony Khan was more worthy of say a Cena, a Brock, a Rock, exact, level star with crossover appeal than of Christian (nothing against him but he isn't that type of name inside and especially outside the Pro Wrestling bubble). Seldom have I been so viciously attacked for holding a different opinion (and I used to frequent the political board here which can get pretty heated lol).
    Careful, some around here might accuse you of trying too hard for simply pointing out that toxic AEW fans exist, we can't point out any of the unsavory bits involving that company for some reason. But you're right on that Tony Khan hyped Christian up way too much. I'm a big fan of Christian as a talent, great mind for the business, great talker, wrestler, etc but Tony made it seem like some huge megastar was about to sign with them. Big Show is a bigger star than Christian so I almost feel they should've flipped how they introduced the 2.

Christian should've been the one to have his signing announced on Twitter before officially appearing and Big Sh- I mean, Paul Wight, should've been the one they hyped as debuting on PPV. At the end of the day, because of Tony yet again vastly overhyping something everyone's disappointed. If it wasn't going to be Brock, Cena, Rock, CM Punk or Batista he was better off just not saying anything and just let Christian debut as a surprise like the much bigger star Sting did.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Careful, some around here might accuse you of trying too hard for simply pointing out that toxic AEW fans exist, we can't point out any of the unsavory bits involving that company for some reason. But you're right on that Tony Khan hyped Christian up way too much. I'm a big fan of Christian as a talent, great mind for the business, great talker, wrestler, etc but Tony made it seem like some huge megastar was about to sign with them. Big Show is a bigger star than Christian so I almost feel they should've flipped how they introduced the 2.

Christian should've been the one to have his signing announced on Twitter before officially appearing and Big Sh- I mean, Paul Wight, should've been the one they hyped as debuting on PPV. At the end of the day, because of Tony yet again vastly overhyping something everyone's disappointed. If it wasn't going to be Brock, Cena, Rock, CM Punk or Batista he was better off just not saying anything and just let Christian debut as a surprise like the much bigger star Sting did.
    eh, i don't think he has to worry. didn't seem like he put an unusual amount of effort in to me anyways.

maybe i wasn't paying attention but i didn't think they spent all that much time hyping the new signing. can't blame anyone for being disappointed though. i mean it's christian, i didn't give a ****.