Page 35 of 902 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135535 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Stephen Amell posted a screenshot of his wrestling show on Starz called Heels

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/sta...17087747969031

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Careful, some around here might accuse you of trying too hard for simply pointing out that toxic AEW fans exist, we can't point out any of the unsavory bits involving that company for some reason. But you're right on that Tony Khan hyped Christian up way too much. I'm a big fan of Christian as a talent, great mind for the business, great talker, wrestler, etc but Tony made it seem like some huge megastar was about to sign with them. Big Show is a bigger star than Christian so I almost feel they should've flipped how they introduced the 2.

Christian should've been the one to have his signing announced on Twitter before officially appearing and Big Sh- I mean, Paul Wight, should've been the one they hyped as debuting on PPV. At the end of the day, because of Tony yet again vastly overhyping something everyone's disappointed. If it wasn't going to be Brock, Cena, Rock, CM Punk or Batista he was better off just not saying anything and just let Christian debut as a surprise like the much bigger star Sting did.
    I'll admit I was venting a bit here when I posted my reply as I've never been personally insulted to that degree before on any forum. Sure, I've had heated arguments in the past over various subjects but this got very personal very quickly. When I dared to suggest Christian wasn't a "mega, megastar" or a "game-changer" I become their enemy immediately and was called "delusional", an "idiot", & told it was "on me" not Tony Khan (or anyone else) for thinking the name was bigger than it was. I never noticed before the degree of toxicity among certain AEW fans. I'm sure it was always there but I simply did not notice it until I dared question the company if only in a minor way.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-10-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Molly Holly is the first inductee to the 2021 hall of fame!
    https://twitter.com/wwethebump/statu...552252932?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Molly Holly is the first inductee to the 2021 hall of fame!
    https://twitter.com/wwethebump/statu...552252932?s=21
    Very much deserved.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Very much deserved.
    Indeed, and something that should have happened a long time ago.

Johnny Ace just got rehired as head of Talent relations

So rich swann vs kenny omega is happing right? With omega becoming a triple champion?

So the Inner Circle are faces now?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So the Inner Circle are faces now?
    So it would appear.

That segment was epic I must say.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So rich swann vs kenny omega is happing right? With omega becoming a triple champion?
    or moose
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-10-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm sorry ...Big Show and Christian weren't booked as big stars. That is both of them honestly. One isn't looked at as a bigger star than the other. Given how shitacular Show was booked for close to 2 decades. The only one who booked Show like an unstoppable monster was Paul Heyman in new ECW. Where people said he had salvaged the guy after years of bad booking.

Christian meanwhile due to concussions retired in 2014 as we saw. He's appeared sporadically but as we saw in TNA and a brief WWE push in 2010-2011 ; Christian can be a solid star. Its just booking and retirement that put brakes on him.

Show and Christian aren't huge stars to hype as big signings due to how WWE handled both of them the last 2 decades. They are about even given what we have seen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'll admit I was venting a bit here when I posted my reply as I've never been personally insulted to that degree before on any forum. Sure, I've had heated arguments in the past over various subjects but this got very personal very quickly. When I dared to suggest Christian wasn't a "mega, megastar" or a "game-changer" I become their enemy immediately and was called "delusional", an "idiot", & told it was "on me" not Tony Khan (or anyone else) for thinking the name was bigger than it was. I never noticed before the degree of toxicity among certain AEW fans. I'm sure it was always there but I simply did not notice it until I dared question the company if only in a minor way.
    the shitty wrestling fan is not xclusive to aew.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    winner of swan vs moose, huh that sounds kind of funny now that i think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sorry ...Big Show and Christian weren't booked as big stars. That is both of them honestly. One isn't looked at as a bigger star than the other. Given how shitacular Show was booked for close to 2 decades. The only one who booked Show like an unstoppable monster was Paul Heyman in new ECW. Where people said he had salvaged the guy after years of bad booking.

Christian meanwhile due to concussions retired in 2014 as we saw. He's appeared sporadically but as we saw in TNA and a brief WWE push in 2010-2011 ; Christian can be a solid star. Its just booking and retirement that put brakes on him.

Show and Christian aren't huge stars to hype as big signings due to how WWE handled both of them the last 2 decades. They are about even given what we have seen.
    i think christian is a bigger deal because he can still wrestle, but then again it's the CLB. on the brightside at least it wasn't cass & enzo.

you know with mox & eddie a little out numbered against kenny & good brothers now would be a great time to bring in sami from impact. then again i guess eddie has butcher and blade right there. still a switchblades reunion needs to happen.

I don't like the idea of NXT getting their own women tag title. Main roster women belt was a floating title. Honestly, I would have just moved that belt to NXT seeing how the women division has more of a tag division than the men.

The NXT tag titles haven't been defended on a Takeover in over a year, and they haven't even been defended since December. There's no need to do another set of them when they can't even book one correctly at the moment.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The NXT tag titles haven't been defended on a Takeover in over a year, and they haven't even been defended since December. There's no need to do another set of them when they can't even book one correctly at the moment.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Less is more.

Get rid of most of the titles!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium