Page 352 of 902 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It shouldn't be his call. That's why they have a medical staff who have to clear wrestlers to compete.
    It's already torn off the bone so he can't make it any worse. He definitely needs to get his surgery now

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's already torn off the bone so he can't make it any worse. He definitely needs to get his surgery now
    Or he could have injured something else trying to do a move with a torn muscle. Or injured Seth messing up a move because he wasn't at full strength. There are a number of things that can go wrong when both wrestlers are 100%, much less when one is clearly not in shape to be doing it.

Both guys are obviously professionals and would avoid anything possible to make things worse, but you increase the possibility of that happening when one of them are in that kind of shape. He should have never been cleared to wrestle.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

As I blindly guessed, some AEW talent do consider MJF's physical workload (3 years, 22 AEW matches) when they assess him, chat about him backstage. It's one talent relations aspect of MJF that Tony Khan has to consider that doesn't apply as much to most other AEW wrestlers. And MJF has to consider it as well, as he navigates Tony and his fellow wrestlers.
    During a recent PWTorch.com audio show, Wade Keller discussed the MJF promo on AEW Dynamite and how it’s being received by wrestlers backstage. Keller said that much of what was said on Dynamite was said in the last few months in private to his friends and some of them are now wondering if they were getting worked all along.

Keller said, “I know of wrestlers who MJF was saying all the things that he said in that promo to, but in real life private conversations that didn’t in any way seem to play into a strategy to work the dirt sheets or work Tony Khan or whatever you think that the con and the game was – who are now [asking], ‘who is Max?, how much of what he was saying was just part of his elaborate web of trying to create this believable, long arc work that would elevate him to…some higher status that’ll give him an even bigger deal and a bigger legendary Andy Kaufman meets Brian Pillman meets CM Punk meets whatever, for a WWE deal.”

Keller continued, “There’s also wrestlers whose eyebrows were raised [on Wednesday] that I’ve heard from and about who are like, ‘oh, we don’t make people feel? Is that what Tony’s authorizing wrestlers to say on the air that all the stuff that we’re doing to our bodies doesn’t make people feel but a guy who in three years has worked 22 matches, on average about seven per year for this company is getting to go on TV and disparage what we do in a promo that led to fans cheering him because he got to sort of heel on ex-WWE guys.’ Like there’s a bunch of money being spent on external TV guys who are just thrown under the bus on a promo to generate a buzz. So even if Tony Kahn hasn’t lied to anybody’s face about this, within hours of that promo, there’s people in AEW talking to each other going ‘what? what’s going on here? Were we worked? Who’s side is Tony on? Is he the captain of the ship? Did MJF work him? Can we please know what’s going on here? And by the way, can you stop throwing us under the bus and making us look bad?’

Keller said that he talked to wrestlers who cautioned him about MJF because he’s always in work mode: “Multiple AEW wrestlers told me or people that I directly talked to who even showed me like screen captures of texts, like, what the attitude was towards this before [Wednesday’s] Dynamite, which is, ‘it’s a work he’s working the dirt sheets, he’s working his friends…he’s always in work mode, he’s always in character, you guys are suckers. You know, be smart about how you report on this.’

Keller also said that there are people who felt that they were true friends of MJF and now they have some doubt. He said, “It’s fascinating because the people who are tight with MJF and have heard him say these things are like, there’s just no way [this is a work] but there’s doubt in their voice. But [they are like] there’s no way this could have actually been a work all along. I had these conversations with them and I know how they felt…But what I’m privy to, it’s hard to reconcile what I know with MJF sitting down with Tony a few months ago going ‘I got a great plan, and it’s going to culminate in Los Angeles and you don’t even have to do anything, Tony, just say no comment, and we’re gonna make this work.’
    https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/so...ked-all-along/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-06-2022 at 11:39 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Cody's a warrior hopefully he won't get sidelined for too long. His match and the Bianca 3-way were the only thing that felt event-worthy imo. There was a noticable lack of star power with Roman and Sasha absent. Byron kept yelling the event was sold out...lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Cody's a warrior hopefully he won't get sidelined for too long. His match and the Bianca 3-way were the only thing that felt event-worthy imo. There was a noticable lack of star power with Roman and Sasha absent. Byron kept yelling the event was sold out...lol.
    They weirdly only thought 1 match on Smackdown was PPV worthy. Drew and Ronda were available, they had Usos, New Day, Shinsuke and Sami Zayn available as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They weirdly only thought 1 match on Smackdown was PPV worthy. Drew and Ronda were available, they had Usos, New Day, Shinsuke and Sami Zayn available as well.
    Yeah adding more ppv worthy matches makes too much sense. Vince logic lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Or he could have injured something else trying to do a move with a torn muscle. Or injured Seth messing up a move because he wasn't at full strength. There are a number of things that can go wrong when both wrestlers are 100%, much less when one is clearly not in shape to be doing it.
    Unless they're brand new, pro wrestlers are pretty much never at 100 percent in a match. I've seen more than one laugh at the very idea of it. Seth had to come back from major knee surgery and there was real risk for him. Austin and Edge knew they were on borrowed time after ne k injuries and kept going for years. Austin severely limited his moveset from what it used to be.

Both guys were savvy enough to know what not to attempt given Cody's injury.

So is Toxic Attraction basically NXT's version of the Bloodline, since they never lose either?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Unless they're brand new, pro wrestlers are pretty much never at 100 percent in a match. I've seen more than one laugh at the very idea of it. Seth had to come back from major knee surgery and there was real risk for him. Austin and Edge knew they were on borrowed time after ne k injuries and kept going for years. Austin severely limited his moveset from what it used to be.

Both guys were savvy enough to know what not to attempt given Cody's injury.
    This is pretty true that wrestlers usually joke about being 100% because , they really aren't unless they take a long , long time off. And even then the prior injuries are hard to heal. (CM Punk who before his 1st UFC match had injury issues even a year or 2 after leaving WWE due to physical wear)

The bodies will never be 100% and some can go a real longer time physically before needing a surgery that is bad enough to do it. As an example Tommy Dreamer was told in 1999 I believe he needed shoulder surgery. That his shoulder needed it due to a tendon or something. Tommy detailed once in an interview how he decided against the surgery because ECW needed him and he was a company man. So he put it off. This led to the tendon or whatever it was in his shoulder healing on its own and as he joked it sticks out like a scarecrow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

wee, didn't see that coming. Good Job WWE actually pulled out a surprise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cody is on the shelf for six months. We know who's winning next year's rumble

Here's to a full recovery.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah he likely will be booked to win that then. Now the big question is...do they keep Roman the champion til then ? lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Not to mention Seth will probably be the last guy eliminated

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah he likely will be booked to win that then. Now the big question is...do they keep Roman the champion til then ? lol
    They can't because it's Roman vs. Rock.

He has to lose at least one of the titles soon'ish. (Maybe both if Rock doesn't want the strap)