Page 357 of 902 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457857 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 13529

No one is going to fix Jeff. Jeff has to do that. And I don't mean that in a "do it his own way" thing. Unless Jeff admits to himself that he needs help and wants to get it, nothing will change. AEW can force him into rehab 15 times if they want. Unless Jeff admits to himself that he has a problem and wants to fix it rehab won't do a darn thing for him. AEW can fire him for this and it still won't change anything until he finally admits it to himself.

No one can help Jeff until Jeff helps Jeff.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, that is a non-issue.

When it comes to this, someone staying sober is about that they are committed to doing so.

Anyone else does not really amount to much. No matter what they might try to do.
    My life experience differs. In my experience they have to hit rock bottom before they commit to getting help. (and then staying sober)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    No one is going to fix Jeff. Jeff has to do that. And I don't mean that in a "do it his own way" thing. Unless Jeff admits to himself that he needs help and wants to get it, nothing will change. AEW can force him into rehab 15 times if they want. Unless Jeff admits to himself that he has a problem and wants to fix it rehab won't do a darn thing for him. AEW can fire him for this and it still won't change anything until he finally admits it to himself.

No one can help Jeff until Jeff helps Jeff.
    Right. I used to work as a drug rehab counselor and I saw so many clients who did not want to be there, but had to be in a program as a condition of their parole or probation. Most of those people relapsed at some point. Rehab tends not to work unless the person wants to be there and wants to clean themselves up.
    Watching television is not an activity.

So let me gets this straight. Riddle's stip for his match with Roman Reigns is that if he loses, he never gets another title shot as long as Reigns is champ. Like Riddle was ever going to get another shot if he lost this one in the first place.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Right. I used to work as a drug rehab counselor and I saw so many clients who did not want to be there, but had to be in a program as a condition of their parole or probation. Most of those people relapsed at some point. Rehab tends not to work unless the person wants to be there and wants to clean themselves up.

Well that seems to be the point with Jeff Hardy , he doesn't want to be there and seemingly has never entered it. To try and see if it can work for him. Unless Khan gets hard line and demands Jeff Hardy get treatment or fire him...we won't see anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So let me gets this straight. Riddle's stip for his match with Roman Reigns is that if he loses, he never gets another title shot as long as Reigns is champ. Like Riddle was ever going to get another shot if he lost this one in the first place.
    This is like a Vince, "Kid you're not ready for the big time yet" type stipulation. The WWE won't make a move until it is not only obvious but stale. They will elevate Riddle when no one wants to see him elevated anymore. Sort of like this whole Lashley/Theory debacle. Lashley blew the rook off of the arena at HIAC this might be a moment to push him as the dark horse threat to Roman but instead let's have him have a place holder feud with Riddle which will be derailed with a Cena return that is going nowhere long term. Just so the obvious Riddle then Drew, then Randy line of next victims can play out until we close in on Rock vs Roman. If Cena vs Theory is going to happen I would have preferred the new Judgement day attack Lashley since he they like taking out "heroes" the fans love. It would be a better feeder feud to keep Lashley's momentum going. A Lashley run as US champ the face of Raw would be nice but this whole Cena anniversary screws that up, unless Lashley gets the US belt restarts the Cena open challenge with Cena himself.

I'd say its a holding pattern for Cody and Roman. Because the Rock doesn't need a World title match at Wrestlemania. So the big drop will be to Cody Rhodes. They didn't bring him back to company for nothing and promote him showing his dad holding the WWWF World title back in 1977. So the idea was to get him to Roman in time. Its just....its been delayed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say its a holding pattern for Cody and Roman. Because the Rock doesn't need a World title match at Wrestlemania. So the big drop will be to Cody Rhodes. They didn't bring him back to company for nothing and promote him showing his dad holding the WWWF World title back in 1977. So the idea was to get him to Roman in time. Its just....its been delayed.
    Not like that matters since Roman is now working a reduced schedule. He got pulled from Money in the Bank once it was no longer a stadium show. I don't expect him to wrestle on PPV again until SummerSlam and later Clash at the Castle

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I know all the dirt sheets and podcasts have lost their minds over Cody's HIAC match. I personally am like it was an ok match if not for the injury it was no great shakes, it was the injury that made the match special. However I am dubious the world will be this hot for Cody 6 months from now. This is a very what have you done for me lately and the WWE universe won't be still talking about HIAC 6 months from now. Every thing about Cody's return has been flawless so far, leaving the competition and hot feud with one of the WWE's best heels all the pyro and he is over no doubt. Not ultra over but over. If it takes a perfect scenario and booking to get Cody over who is to say he can keep that heat when the booking/antagonist isn't perfect and in the WWE we know for a fact that day is coming. There was a time when Cody was over in AEW but shortly thereafter all that love and affection had turned to disdain playing pretty much the same guy he is playing now. Who is to say history can't repeat itself? Who is to say Cody is the one to upset Roman six months from now, that assumes Roman is still on top and people really care about Cody and this isn't just some Seth Freaking Rollins magic. Whose to say Seth can't put AJ or Lashley or Montez just as over as Cody after a prolonged program?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I know all the dirt sheets and podcasts have lost their minds over Cody's HIAC match. I personally am like it was an ok match if not for the injury it was no great shakes, it was the injury that made the match special. However I am dubious the world will be this hot for Cody 6 months from now. This is a very what have you done for me lately and the WWE universe won't be still talking about HIAC 6 months from now. Every thing about Cody's return has been flawless so far, leaving the competition and hot feud with one of the WWE's best heels all the pyro and he is over no doubt. Not ultra over but over. If it takes a perfect scenario and booking to get Cody over who is to say he can keep that heat when the booking/antagonist isn't perfect and in the WWE we know for a fact that day is coming. There was a time when Cody was over in AEW but shortly thereafter all that love and affection had turned to disdain playing pretty much the same guy he is playing now. Who is to say history can't repeat itself? Who is to say Cody is the one to upset Roman six months from now, that assumes Roman is still on top and people really care about Cody and this isn't just some Seth Freaking Rollins magic. Whose to say Seth can't put AJ or Lashley or Montez just as over as Cody after a prolonged program?

I think Cody's own sense of ego onscreen will eventually turn him. The fans will get tired of the trying to do EPIC promos and turn him heel. Unlike AEW where he fought against a heel turn (and could have been the biggest heel in years) Vince will make him do the heel turn. As much as he's not gonna be pleased with it.

Its likely gonna happen in 2023 at some point as he's World Champion and the fanbase grow tired of it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tony Khan responded to the Jeff Hardy arrest. He is suspended without pay and he will only return when he's completed a treatment and maintain his sobriety

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/...xqMCNA3-A&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tony Khan responded to the Jeff Hardy arrest. He is suspended without pay and he will only return when he's completed a treatment and maintain his sobriety

Doesn't he always maintain his sobriety just long enough to get hired back so that it can bite the promotion in the ass. Maybe they should consider simply cutting their losses?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Doesn't he always maintain his sobriety just long enough to get hired back so that it can bite the promotion in the ass. Maybe they should consider simply cutting their losses?
    As brought up Jeff Hardy has seemingly never went into rehab , choosing himself to get clean etc. This time Khan is putting it down...he wants Hardy to complete official rehab.

I hope Jeff Hardy makes it through this and makes a comeback wining the AEW championship.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I hope Jeff Hardy makes it through this and makes a comeback wining the AEW championship.
    I just want him to get clean for his family's sake. Not his pro wrestling career. He needs to do it.