Page 38 of 902 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Doesn't have to be a dream matche to look forward to it.
    true, but 2 world champions from rival promotions facing off with both titles on the line should be a dream match.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    true, but 2 world champions from rival promotions facing off with both titles on the line should be a dream match.
    Would you rather it be moose?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think if this was say 2017 or 2018 when Austin Aires or John Morrison was Impact World Champion it would mean a little more. Both had become proven top main event guys. Aires more so who has been World Champion in a number of organizations. But sadly from what we saw Aires pretty much ended that working relationship at a Bound for Glory.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Just when I thought Roman coming out and saying "I'm getting a title shot" was the worst way to build a Wrestlemania title match, WWE be all "Screw it, just make Drew v. Lashley and we can figure it out from there."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

funny seeing the very visible hand of Vince rewriting the card, no need for story building just give me my battle of the monsters Drew vs Bobby. AJ needs something to do at Wrestlemania so out of the blue book him and a dude who never has had a match before against the New Day??? Then again Vince doesn't care about the tag team scene, ie look at Smackdown tag team scene. They are strangely building a female tag team scene WWE wide but that is probably just so they have something to do besides a 30 woman battle royale at Wrestlemania. If they just put the Iconics back together then you would have, Bazler and Jax, Lana and the Glow, the blonde powerlifters, Natty and Tamina, Riot Squad and some in NXT. Kinda feel for the Hurt Business tag team but they are getting more attention than most of the non eventers are at the moment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Would you rather it be moose?
    Honestly yes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    funny seeing the very visible hand of Vince rewriting the card, no need for story building just give me my battle of the monsters Drew vs Bobby. AJ needs something to do at Wrestlemania so out of the blue book him and a dude who never has had a match before against the New Day??? Then again Vince doesn't care about the tag team scene, ie look at Smackdown tag team scene. They are strangely building a female tag team scene WWE wide but that is probably just so they have something to do besides a 30 woman battle royale at Wrestlemania. If they just put the Iconics back together then you would have, Bazler and Jax, Lana and the Glow, the blonde powerlifters, Natty and Tamina, Riot Squad and some in NXT. Kinda feel for the Hurt Business tag team but they are getting more attention than most of the non eventers are at the moment.
    Technically Omos has been giving the New Day problems and they never got revenge, so there's somewhat of a long term storyline there. (I also expect ND to get squashed at Mania, but that's why they have the titles now)

I'm assuming there is likely going to be multi-woman tag match at Mania. I wonder if there will be Battle Royale this year.

Hurt Business can be getting involved in the main event match too.

I don't really mind AJ and Omos getting a shot because they've established them together for a while now. It's similar to when HBK and Diesel won the belts.

What I do mind is that this is Wrestlemania and that's the best they can come up with for AJ.

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I don't really mind AJ and Omos getting a shot because they've established them together for a while now. It's similar to when HBK and Diesel won the belts.

What I do mind is that this is Wrestlemania and that's the best they can come up with for AJ.
    LOL I don't think Big Daddy Cool would like being compared to Omos but in ways he is just as big a stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    LOL I don't think Big Daddy Cool would like being compared to Omos but in ways he is just as big a stiff.
    You're right. You can't really compare them. Omos hasn't torn a quad walking yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    big show's not even wrestling, christian's not going over on omega, and i believe darby is supposed to be elevated by sting.

comparing kahn to dixie is laughable at this point.
    maybe not dixie but even earlier , ted turner. darby is 'supposed to' but has he. even booker t has voiced that concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Honestly yes.
    It would be more fun but I can't complain about SvO

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    maybe not dixie but even earlier , ted turner. darby is 'supposed to' but has he. even booker t has voiced that concern.

The WCW comparison makes even less sense. The veterans isn't running the company and burying all the young talent to maintain their spots. Fans need to stop seeing things that ain't there.

Incredible Member

if big slow does bring in mark henry to aew as said on the video, booker t fears will be justified and he's someone who has seen both sides.
    Last edited by marshal88; 03-16-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Honestly yes.
    As would I. Moose's recent character arc has been one of the best angels during the last several years in all of Pro Wrestling. I'm disappointed it's effectively over.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-16-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."