Page 386 of 902 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486886 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I read reports about how Triple H pitched Bayley leading a stable to Vince before Dakota got released and he rejected it. Makes me even happier that he's gone.

I've been hearing Michael Cole commentary has made a complete 180 after Vince left.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I read reports about how Triple H pitched Bayley leading a stable to Vince before Dakota got released and he rejected it. Makes me even happier that he's gone.

I've been hearing Michael Cole commentary has made a complete 180 after Vince left.
    SummerSlam was still garbage but Cole did sound the best he has in years.

Unbanning some words and overbooking the Main Event isn't going to turn them around.

I eagerly anticipate a positive change over the next few months but I am sceptical of any real change.

Bayley and the return of the Man are a more promising start.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

WWE teasing a possible return for Sasha and Naomi tonight

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1554149962224730114

Becky Lynch separated her shoulder in her SummerSlam match. No word in how long she will be out.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Mick Foley , Bret Hart and Undertaker was at ringside watching Flair's final match. There is an image where they are seen as Ric details how he plans to go party after this with Kid Rock (he was there too) later. The look is one where they are doing a "We can only hope we have that same energy at 73 years old with a pacemaker.." deal.

But it was a nice moment and Flair carried the original big gold belt out. Its been said the belt had went so many years missing til Conrad Thompson paid for it. The rumored person who had the belt (not confirmed) was Scott Steiner. But no one knows who had it. Flair came out with it as a nice homage to it.

For a brief moment I'm sure Ric felt like he was back in 1989 again...ready to face Sting or Ricky Steamboat. To be back in his golden era prime and able to turn on a performance like he did then. Time sadly waits for no one and while he's not 40 years old able to do this....I have to compliment Flair. He wanted to go out his way. To prove to everyone he could at 73 defy everyone and do it.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Should have known something was going to happen to the ring, considering it WASN'T all decked out in all that LCD crap they put over the ring posts and apron now.
    Don't get me started on that stuff. I groaned years ago when I first saw it. Stuff like that means no 'crawling out from under the ring' spots, or any bits that mess with the ring apron, underneath the ring, and other such things.

And now, if those things are absent, then it telegraphs that some big incident involving the ring itself IS going to happen. The presence of those LCD gimmicks tells you it's NOT going to happen, and their absence tell you it IS going to happen. Their presence or absence is a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    SummerSlam was still garbage but Cole did sound the best he has in years.

Unbanning some words and overbooking the Main Event isn't going to turn them around.

I eagerly anticipate a positive change over the next few months but I am sceptical of any real change.

Bayley and the return of the Man are a more promising start.
    Unbanning a few words is a start, but it's not enough. I tend to go along with most who say that change isn't going to happen overnight. If it's to happen, it'll be more of a gradual thing. A little minor things different here and there. Slow and incremental, as they say in politics.

Sadly, it seems like Becky Lynch's return might be put on hold, given her injury at Summerslam.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    WWE teasing a possible return for Sasha and Naomi tonight

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1554149962224730114
    Well, we'll just have to wait and see. Anything's possible. If they worked out a deal, and people are okay with it, it could happen. But we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mick Foley , Bret Hart and Undertaker was at ringside watching Flair's final match. There is an image where they are seen as Ric details how he plans to go party after this with Kid Rock (he was there too) later. The look is one where they are doing a "We can only hope we have that same energy at 73 years old with a pacemaker.." deal.

But it was a nice moment and Flair carried the original big gold belt out. Its been said the belt had went so many years missing til Conrad Thompson paid for it. The rumored person who had the belt (not confirmed) was Scott Steiner. But no one knows who had it. Flair came out with it as a nice homage to it.

For a brief moment I'm sure Ric felt like he was back in 1989 again...ready to face Sting or Ricky Steamboat. To be back in his golden era prime and able to turn on a performance like he did then. Time sadly waits for no one and while he's not 40 years old able to do this....I have to compliment Flair. He wanted to go out his way. To prove to everyone he could at 73 defy everyone and do it.
    I had my doubts about this one, but it's nice that Ric Flair is able to retire on more or less his own terms (which is what this sounds like. At least I hope it's his own terms, and that it isn't just 'spin'). In wrestling, often at times real retirements happen not because of a wrestler's choice, but because of intervening other circumstances (serious injuries and/or other health problems, or other ways reality intrudes). It's nice that every once in a while, someone gets one last, nostalgia filled moment.

They booked 2 triple threats where the winners get a shot at the #1 contendership for the US title on RAW tonight.

That's a bit more promising.

Gonna take months to fix Vince's **** still.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Was David Flair or Charlotte there?

This is the first time I've watched Raw since the start of the empty arena era and I'm shocked at the amount of wrestling featured on the show

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is the first time I've watched Raw since the start of the empty arena era and I'm shocked at the amount of wrestling featured on the show
    Indeed. I liked how Edge's promo was short and to the point. He gave just enough information for those of us who, like me, haven't watched WWE in a while, to know just what his feud with Finn Balor, Damian Priest, and Rhea Ripley (aka Judgement Day) was about. It told me everything I needed to know: He created that faction, they turned on him, and he wants to bring down what he created.

All in all, a very good promo that was just the right length. Neither too long (as so many Raw promos are), nor too short. It did a good job of conveying to the audience what they needed to know.

Having watched most of Raw last night I was impressed. It wasn't an overnight change but you can see Triple H is definitely cooking. It was a wrestling centric show, Bayley's faction was the vocal point of the night as they terrorized the women's division, shorter than usual promos, and commentary actually sounded natural. Dunn's production is still garbage, the interviewers are still devoid of personality and opportunity is the one Vince word that stuck around but it was a solid step in the right direction

Raw was still pretty bad...

Astonishing Member

crowd was dead, especially during that Tez vs Rollins match, but it was dead all night nothing really popped them. They weren't feeling the #1 contenders stuff or pretty much anything but that might just be as much on Houston as it is on the WWE. However since the Raw after Mania is a thing you would expect the Raw after Smackdown would be one too, maybe they are saving the good stuff for Smackdown?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think what killed the entire Judgement Day stable cold and why no one cares....is the idiocy Vince did with it. He had an evil Edge being a cult leader and had at least...a years worth of build here til Edge is pushed out.

Instead he wanted a supernatural stable Edge didn't want. Had his character booted out too soon before the stable really rolled with Edge to build Priest or Balor as top heels in it.

Then he does little with the stable while Edge is gone from what I heard. Yet Edge returns to end the stable that has done...nothing big.

Its making TNA's inept booking at times look like masterpiece theater.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.