Page 391 of 902 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Challenging the winners makes the most sense IMHO.
    yeah Naomi and Sasha can come back like Punk returned with his belt after Cena won a tournament to be crowned the new...

Regal made a great point on his podcast about the younger grapplers (and bookers) listening to internet fans.

“I asked somebody recently, I said, ‘You’re on AEW Dark a lot. Let me try and put this into perspective for you. It’s great that you’re on there because you’re getting reps. Any exposure is great. It’s an opportunity, but don’t buy into Twitter. Worry about the producers or the people that are paying you, or the older wrestlers, or your peers. Find out from them. Don't worry about what people on Twitter are saying."

"I said, ‘Can you look up what the figures are for Dark?’ He said, ‘200,000. I said, ‘Do you get 200,000 tweets?’ He said, ‘About 20.’ I said, ‘Do I need to say more?’ If you’re in this job, you need to worry about getting over yourself and listening to people that can help you. I’m one of the people that will actually help you. Worry about getting the right things over and not somebody you never met.”
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Ace has been fired from WWE.

I'm still trying to understand Vince's thought process in bringing him back at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ace has been fired from WWE.

I'm still trying to understand Vince's thought process in bringing him back at all.
    He was a sycophant, and therefore appealed to Vince’s control freak tendencies.

I don’t think Vince minded more heated and blunt interactions with talent and staff - but he wanted someone who would say “yes” to what he wanted, while still occupying space so that he could pretend they were professionals gathered by him for the job.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Reports are that USA Network is not happy with WWE and them not having a world champion on Raw. They have reportedly asked WWE to consider an Intermin World Champ. HHH is also considering splitting the Super Doopper Unified Undisputed Universal really neato title back to 2 sooner rather than later. This has been the plan all along. Thats why a new belt hasn't been made yet. Both McIntire and Kross will get shots at one of the belts is the plan now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dexter Lumis is back!

Ultimate Member

Trips really isn't wasting time at all.

We all knew he would change things but we didn't think it'd be this fast.

Its good. All these guys coming back is adding a layer of unpredictability thats keeping everything exciting.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So..how soon before the Eater of Worlds returns ? Since he's really a major name sitting there.

I did like HHH killed the Owens/Ezekiel program. Making Owens snap like the evil sob he is taking him out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's kind of feeling like 1994 right now. In a good way.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-09-2022 at 06:51 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Raw was solid for the second week in a row.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Meltzer thinks AEW is losing momentum (as it relates to WWE), which is kinda does feel like (definitely somewhat driven by AEW's injuries):
    “In a historical wrestling war, being number two is tough. What Tony [Khan] had...was growing and the other guys were falling.”

“..but [Tony Khan's] further away from WWE than he was months ago and a year ago.”

“It’s not like this Wednesday Tony’s got this great show […] and it’s not like I’m sitting here going ‘I’m wondering if [AEW] can beat [WWE] with men [in the ratings]’ because they’ve done that many times in the past. I’m saying this week I don’t think they will, I don’t think it’ll be close. The gap is different and in wrestling wars when you fall behind there’s a weird momentum.”

“It’s a different business now and there’s so many differences to it and Tony’s ability as far as the money that he has and the money this thing generates, it’s not the same but he’s not closing in on number one which he had been doing almost from day one.”
    https://tjrwrestling.net/news/dave-m...away-from-wwe/

Of course, AEW vs WWE is something Dave is perhaps too focused on here. If AEW can remain a viable alternative, then that may be enough. Viability is a tough thing of course, a fickle things perhaps. And maybe that's what Dave is getting at, by mentioning how being #2 is tough. However, Tony Khan is differently situated, seemingly not having the aims or expectations of Ted Turner, and also Tony's not a less wealthy promoter that we're kinda accustomed to like with ROH, etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-09-2022 at 08:18 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So..how soon before the Eater of Worlds returns ? Since he's really a major name sitting there.

I did like HHH killed the Owens/Ezekiel program. Making Owens snap like the evil sob he is taking him out.
    You think he would go back? No matter who's running things they are never going to let him have his full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You think he would go back? No matter who's running things they are never going to let him have his full potential.
    I think we should be more open with WWE now since Vince is no longer in charge. Trips had the reigns for three weeks and the jump in quality Raw has received has been noticable. It actually feels like a wrestling show now.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think we should be more open with WWE now since Vince is no longer in charge. Trips had the reigns for three weeks and the jump in quality Raw has received has been noticable. It actually feels like a wrestling show now.

Bray will go back for a nice big pay day , more control over the Fiend character and his merch sales will be spectacular. A fact that everyone is still stunned the WWE let one of the top merch selling acts go over...creative issues. HHH will be more wise to listen to Wyatt and let him work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bray will go back for a nice big pay day , more control over the Fiend character and his merch sales will be spectacular. A fact that everyone is still stunned the WWE let one of the top merch selling acts go over...creative issues. HHH will be more wise to listen to Wyatt and let him work.
    Or whatever new character he comes up with. Bray may feel that the moment has passed for the Fiend and it's time to move on.
    Watching television is not an activity.