Page 397 of 902 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Punk hasn't even been on TV as World Champion beyond a week. Then he was off injured. No idea why these guys are pointing at ratings and Punk comically.

You would think they'd be more on Moxley who has been on TV as World Champion.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Punk hasn't even been on TV as World Champion beyond a week. Then he was off injured. No idea why these guys are pointing at ratings and Punk comically.

You would think they'd be more on Moxley who has been on TV as World Champion.
    Exactly this.

Punk left TV almost immediately after he won the title, I'm not sure where Meltz and co are coming from.

It sounds more like he's "taking sides" with certain individuals within AEW.

So if anyone remembers...Page was working a no respect for Punk program 1st. He refused to shake Punk's hand so you have to credit Punk for remembering the program and animosity the 2 are supposed to have earlier.

Its like no one in this company remembers booking. From the lack of ROH overall angle to the dropped ball with Christian/Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy its like this company can't think straight.

Plus hell in watching the Punk angle he carried the intensity that Punk has against Page forward onscreen. Unlike...ya know Kenny Omega and Bucks doing a rambling promo trying to be cool heels and saying how they are still bad guys etc.

One promo furthers something between 2 characters. The Omega promo with Bucks was a confusing mess of guys trying to be cool and not getting a story they are to set up.

And I doubt Punk will refuse to drop the belt to MJF. The big money match is Omega and he obviously realizes he needs to stay Champion to face Kenny Omega. Unless they screw it up...which I hope they don't.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

Punk left TV almost immediately after he won the title, I'm not sure where Meltz and co are coming from.

It sounds more like he's "taking sides" with certain individuals within AEW.
    Jealousy...Punk's name has sold out big arenas , they drew more PPVs and literally Punk is on the cover of the video game.

This is WCW level shit. Where guys are mad at someone being a legit draw. And how they are mad about it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I rather see Omega vs Bryan 2 than Omega and Punk. Outside of the MJF feud Punk hasn't been doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I rather see Omega vs Bryan 2 than Omega and Punk. Outside of the MJF feud Punk hasn't been doing it for me.
    Omega vs Punk is the legit $$ match. Unless AEW screws it up. You would hope Khan doesn't listen to Dave Meltzer.

Omega vs Punk is the legit $$ match. Unless AEW screws it up. You would hope Khan doesn't listen to Dave Meltzer.
    Punk isn't a draw. Wasn't in WWE and isn't one now. He is still hobbled ... Makes me wonder if they're going to pivot this angel and have him drop the title?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Punk isn't a draw. Wasn't in WWE and isn't one now. He is still hobbled ... Makes me wonder if they're going to pivot this angel and have him drop the title?
    I thought Tony Khan said he was.

He freaked out at a press conference when a reporter mentioned that CM Punk hadn't "moved the needle" (said reporter was quoting Eric Bischoff).

Khan mentioned all sorts of numbers back in Punk's support.

He freaked out at a press conference when a reporter mentioned that CM Punk hadn't "moved the needle" (said reporter was quoting Eric Bischoff).

They seem to have done a reverse on that.

Like others have said, it appears AEW's backstage is turning into a shit show.

Which is unfortunate because we need something to push the industry forward.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah those big arenas they drew in Chicago hyping Punk never happened. Neither did some bigger PPV buys.

The WWE and AEW aren't doing Monday Night Wars ratings anymore. That era is f'n over. No one is gonna pop a huge casual ratings point in todays era. Not with...

- Streaming to watch later
    - Tivo n DVR

- The real tests of a draw is...are they selling massive merch ? Are they driving ticket sales ? Are PPV numbers increased ?

Not....oh my god Dynamite hasn't done over a 1.0.

They seem to have done a reverse on that.

Like others have said, it appears AEW's backstage is turning into a shit show.

Which is unfortunate because we need something to push the industry forward.
    And as we have seen we can drive a truck through Dave's claims. Punk hasn't worked a PPV as World Champion. He was only on TV a week before being injured. The last 2-3 months have been John Moxley on TV as World Champion.

Then there is claims people are angry that Punk brought up Page. Because....ya know...trying to keep the no respect storyline going in AEW is just too much lol.

In all the funniest part of this report was showing Khan sadly has WCW type atmosphere growing. He needs to step up backstage and put people in line asap.

BANNED

And as we have seen we can drive a truck through Dave's claims. Punk hasn't worked a PPV as World Champion. He was only on TV a week before being injured. The last 2-3 months have been John Moxley on TV as World Champion.

Then there is claims people are angry that Punk brought up Page. Because....ya know...trying to keep the no respect storyline going in AEW is just too much lol.

In all the funniest part of this report was showing Khan sadly has WCW type atmosphere growing. He needs to step up backstage and put people in line asap.
    Why would Metlz lie or exaggerate about AEW's problems? He's often leaned heavily in favour of them the last few years, he has nothing to gain from chipping away at them intentionally.

AEW isn't this perfect smooth running engine and the internet needs to learn that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Why would Metlz lie or exaggerate about AEW's problems? He's often leaned heavily in favour of them the last few years, he has nothing to gain from chipping away at them intentionally.

AEW isn't this perfect smooth running engine and the internet needs to learn that.
    Meltzer seems to be siding with a faction inside the company that seemingly wants Punk gone. There seems to be a growing division behind the scenes with Punk.

Well the ratings referenced are YouTube views.

16 of AEW's top 25 segments have Orange Cassidy.

Jericho and Omega are tied with 7. Moxley has 2, Britt 2, and Statlander 2. Punk has 3 and ADBD & MJF have 4.

Punk only jumped into the top 10 merch sales his first 2 weeks.

Orange Cassidy, Danhausen, Jericho, Omega, and Dark Order have been their top 5. Punk is not listed on their 15 top merch sellers.

I'm also fairly confident AEW sells those shows out with or without Punk. Case in point, Punk was on the roster before the New York show sold out. ADBD bumped the needle on that one.

If you go the traditional ratings route, MJF & Jericho bring the highest 1/4 hour ratings. Jade is next, followed by Omega the Bryan. Punk only popped on his debut.

You know when Punk pops on social media and traditional ratings? When he's a heel. Those segments are where he jumps. To borrow from HHH, heel Punk is best for business.

We shall see how they handle this.

Man, I couldn’t care less about Daniel Garcia.

Maybe it’s his presentation but the man completely lacks any charisma. I’m happy he’s getting the spotlight and he’s a good worker but he’s very bland.
    you're in the minority though, he gets over everywhere. maybe you're confusing him with wheeler yuta?? honestly though i feel the same about brianson, and i'm in the minority there.

while he hasn't yet proven to be a total piece of shit scumbag like vince, heyman or bitchoff he is still a promoter. i don't get into the "this person is a draw that person isn't" debates but you can't xpect the promoter to throw his top talent under the bus while still pushing the talent at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

punk has always been an asshole/dickhead/fukface. his diehard fans have always refused to believe it, however i don't recall DA MELTZ ever having any kind of bias against him.

if what's being said about the hangman situation is true it's just more confirmation about punk's rep as an asshole/dickhead/fukface. punk isn't the booker, they'll let him know when it's time to call back to hangman. i wish punk would take his pipebombs, turn those sumbitches sideways and......well you know the rest.