Page 40 of 902 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    That's the thing though, the older talent don't need to be front and center on TV. Some of the veterans they have working for them like Jerry Lynn and Dean Malenko help behind the scenes but pretty much all of the others are heavily featured on Dynamite every week. You're telling me Sting can't help out the young talent off screen like Jerry and Dean do? He doesn't have to have weekly promo segments or ever wrestle again especially considering both his age and health.

Tully and Arn are also both in their 60s but are on TV all the time and get involved in matches or flat out wrestle, and pin young talent, in Tully's case. It seems like they do feel they need the star power of the older guys or they wouldn't use the big name one's on TV so often while keeping the lesser known one's off it.
    most of that shit is debatable, it would be a long and pointless debate but still. however it remains laughable to compare that situation to the shit show dixie was running.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i doubt it, but i wish you the best of luck.

idk about the "can do no wrong" part but you make a good point, i mean what have you ever booked, a hotel room, rental car??
    I got the same amount of booking experience TK had up to October 2019, but the only difference between us is I don't have a billionaire father to give me millions to get wrestlers to befriend me and join my startup promotion.

Talking about AEW with you is a deadend and waste of time, you pretty much go "lalala I can't hear you AEW is perfect!" to any form of criticism thrown their way. And why? Because you really really like their shows? It's so bizarre. When Celgress mentioned dealing with obnoxious AEW fans of course you had to defensively react and let us know not all of their fans are like that. Thanks for that groundbreaking info, we weren't aware not every single AEW fan on Earth is an obnoxious idiot.

A lot of them are elitist gatekeeping morons though any criticism is met with "you must be a WWE fan!" or "go watch WWE if you don't like it" as if it isn't possible for NJPW, Impact, ROH or even AEW fans to not like everything they do. You don't have to defend the honor of the company anytime someone does something other than praise them.

I got the same amount of booking experience TK had up to October 2019, but the only difference between us is I don't have a billionaire father to give me millions to get wrestlers to befriend me and join my startup promotion.
    that and almost a year and a half of booking a promotion for weekly national television successfully. with that said i don't think you need to have been a booker or a wrestler to critique wrestling or booking, i was just saying you had a point, not that i actually agreed with it. then again if you want to liken yourself to tony khan go for it, you guys probably have more in common than i know.

Talking about AEW with you is a deadend and waste of time, you pretty much go "lalala I can't hear you AEW is perfect!" to any form of criticism thrown their way. And why? Because you really really like their shows? It's so bizarre. When Celgress mentioned dealing with obnoxious AEW fans of course you had to defensively react and let us know not all of their fans are like that. Thanks for that groundbreaking info, we weren't aware not every single AEW fan on Earth is an obnoxious idiot.

A lot of them are elitist gatekeeping morons though any criticism is met with "you must be a WWE fan!" or "go watch WWE if you don't like it" as if it isn't possible for NJPW, Impact, ROH or even AEW fans to not like everything they do. You don't have to defend the honor of the company anytime someone does something other than praise them.
    the point was there's shitty fans of all promotions including aew, but you take it how you want to.

you're going to believe i am what you want me to be and it really doesn't matter, i have my likes and dislikes about a bunch of promotions including the ones you listed. if you want to know what i dislike in aew simply read, it's there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That's the thing though, the older talent don't need to be front and center on TV. Some of the veterans they have working for them like Jerry Lynn and Dean Malenko help behind the scenes but pretty much all of the others are heavily featured on Dynamite every week. You're telling me Sting can't help out the young talent off screen like Jerry and Dean do? He doesn't have to have weekly promo segments or ever wrestle again especially considering both his age and health.

Tully and Arn are also both in their 60s but are on TV all the time and get involved in matches or flat out wrestle, and pin young talent, in Tully's case. It seems like they do feel they need the star power of the older guys or they wouldn't use the big name one's on TV so often while keeping the lesser known one's off it.
    The legends on TV are not in positions where they take the shine away from the younger talent. Tully is a manager who barely does anything and Arm is a prop for Cody. I know Arn at least also works as an agent for AEW so he's pulling double duty.

Sting time in AEW amounts to him being a mark for Darby Allen. He's wearing his face paint, his weekly interview with Tony is him putting Darby over best he can. I honestly don't see your issue with these guys being in AEW when all them are regulated to supporting roles. Jericho and Christian are the only old guys in prominent positions

Astonishing Member

Very meh about AEW in general, what the heck is Miro doing? They elevated Orange Cassidy but to what end? Cage face turn out of the blue? Who wants to see the Murderhawk with Jake vs Sting? Who are faces and who are heels (ie death triangle, Penta is behaving heelish but Fenix and Pac not so much). Page and the Dark Order, Matt Hardy is doing what? The elite meaning Kenny and the Bucks have the titles but have never been more adrift in blah. Kenny can wrestle but doesn't do the other part well as either a heel or a face and Calis is NO Paul Heyman. I am just not feeling the Bucks either, I am rooting for Pac and Fenix though I know better. I really used to like them back in the day when they were in ROH pre being the elite.
    There are only two things that I am enjoying on the show right now, I am feeling the Pinnacle vs Inner Circle. I can't wait for the Pinnacle to finish the IC off and Tully directs them at the one thing that matters...all the titles. Also that main even last night was incredible AEW match of the year, hopefully they can turn this into their version of Bailey vs Sasha.

you've got quite an eye. i was never much impressed by her in lucha underground but she's been great in aew. i heard she was good in the nwa but i couldn't stomach that show after a few episodes.

aj is no brit baked dmd.

glad to see brian cage breaking with team taz, that was never a good fit imo. hopefully he can have a good program against ricky & will. also glad mjf group is not called the horsemen, though not crazy about the name "pinnacle". actually not crazy about that group in general.
    I would highly recommend skipping to her episodes and only watching her parts in NWA. She is very good at making people look strong without killing her shine. I have been very impressed with her workmanship since she left LU.

Also, I agree about the MJF stuff. Glad it is not the Horsemen but Pinnacle screams lame Johnny Ace era WWE stable to me. It will be ripe for mocking by faces ... But maybe that was the goal?

As an aside, I don't get the whole AEW = TNA comparison that has shown up here lately.

AEW has yet to have a PPV or even the A or B show use the old talent to run over the young guns for the entire show. Maybe a segment or match but never a whole show. And it has always ended with the young lion being put over.

Vince does that more than AEW but comparing anyone to pre-2017 TNA is laughable at best. There is plenty to criticize about AEW. This AEW = old TNA just doesn't hold water as an argument. It comes off as "all I know is WWE" to me.

That is my offensive 2 cents.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-18-2021 at 08:11 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

you've got quite an eye. i was never much impressed by her in lucha underground but she's been great in aew. i heard she was good in the nwa but i couldn't stomach that show after a few episodes.
    I gotta admit...I do But I used to watch her matches with holidead and some road trips. Always pulled me into the match even if the wrestling was mediocre. But she's def improved over the years.

Astonishing Member

Very meh about AEW in general, what the heck is Miro doing?
    This is lowkey one of my favorite storylines in AEW right now. I mean who wouldn't want Kip to himself? (In a non-romantic way of course)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Andrade confirming the rumors are true
    https://twitter.com/andradeelidolo/s...053074435?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Andrade confirming the rumors are true
    https://twitter.com/andradeelidolo/s...053074435?s=21
    When is Charlotte due to a reup?

Kinda want to see these 2 punch out and see what they can do out of WWE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    When is Charlotte due to a reup?

Kinda want to see these 2 punch out and see what they can do out of WWE.
    It would be real interesting to see if Charlotte can make it without the WWE machine behind her. She'll get obvious pushed due to her name and being a prominent WWE showcase for so long, but if she can maintain that without them would be interesting to see.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It would be real interesting to see if Charlotte can make it without the WWE machine behind her. She'll get obvious pushed due to her name and being a prominent WWE showcase for so long, but if she can maintain that without them would be interesting to see.
    Charlotte ain't bad in the ring, the issue is how she's booked. She'd do well in most places, I think

Back when she was Kobra Moon, she was there more to be "Gameface..." than to be someone who was bowling you over with her wrestling ability.

Which she did brilliantly.

The legends on TV are not in positions where they take the shine away from the younger talent. Tully is a manager who barely does anything and Arm is a prop for Cody. I know Arn at least also works as an agent for AEW so he's pulling double duty.

Sting time in AEW amounts to him being a mark for Darby Allen. He's wearing his face paint, his weekly interview with Tony is him putting Darby over best he can. I honestly don't see your issue with these guys being in AEW when all them are regulated to supporting roles. Jericho and Christian are the only old guys in prominent positions
    One guy's take...

Sting is also there for the whole "Meta..." angle on how the largest promotion in the business has treated talent for other companies when they eventually wound up working for them.

You've completely no sold Sting getting the win for his team and Tully pinning Luchasaurus. It's a little hard to take Luchasaurus seriously after seeing a senior citizen who hasn't wrestled in decades pin him, whether FTR helped or not it's hard to get over that coinage. Like I said the older guys don't need to be on TV every week to be able to help younger talent, Dean Malenko and Jerry Lynn are able to help just fine off screen. Difference is they aren't as big of stars as Sting, Tully, Arn and Jake so they aren't used as onscreen performers.