Page 42 of 902 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This "But if WWE did it!"/"But if AEW did it!" nonsense (not just here, but in the entire wrestling fandom) is garbage and needs to go. It's as if people can't grasp the fact that you can actually watch and enjoy both shows. The whole "war" concept is dumb and childish. Hell, I started watching wrestling as a teenager in '98 at the height of the "Monday Night Wars" and even back then I realized "Hey, I can watch one live, record the other, and then watch it after!" like a normal, functioning human.

All it does is just cause arguments online and, frankly, there's already enough stuff causing that without wrestling involved.
    I agree. It's the same as buying only DC or only Marvel. You can enjoy both, even if you do like one a little bit more than the other.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I call Goldberg Greenberg, not Oldberg.

I still call Bork Lazer Botch Lesnar.

LBO and I sound nothing alike!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is the sort of nonsense that WWE does that gets people pissed off.

Hulk Hogan is a racist and Titus O’Neil has to host Wrestlemania with him?

Why? Why? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    You're the only person in this entire thread who comes off as cartoonishly biased towards AEW, so no, I won't take any explanation as biased if literally anyone but you gives it. And how funny you always happen to see things differently if they paint AEW in a positive light. You never stop and think things like "hmmm maybe Team Tazz shouldn't run away from an old guy with a bad neck so much." None of those logical thoughts for you, you just go straight into unpaid shill mode by deflecting or bringing up how "but but Darby's getting the rub from basking in Sting's presence!"

If WWE had let's say, the Hurt Business beat the **** out of Drew McIntyre and drag Goldb- oops sorry Oldberg (lol so funny and clever) and dragged Oldberg's unconscious body on top of him everyone would bitch that Drew lost to an "old man." Btw don't say anything about the Stinger being 7 years older than Bill. Being old isn't bad when you work for Tony Khan.
    And you've further cemented your clear bias, since I'm one of the few people here who's consistently critical of Tony Khan and AEW you think I'm hung up on him or hate him or some other such nonsense. But most talk about Vince McMahon and WWE here is largely negative, funny how you never call out the countless posters here who routinely **** on Vince and WWE as "hung up" on Vince. It's almost like you think anybody who doesn't think the sun shines out of Tony Khan's ass must be some bitter hater. People who talk about Vince/WWE the way I talk about Tony/AEW otoh are fine upstanding people with valid reasons for their gripes.

This whole thread is meet more pro AEW than WWE and you show zero issue with the avalanche of complaints against WWE even though a lot of it could be seen as unwarranted.
    so is it just me or is it everyone, most, countless posters here or the whole thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

I watched both AEW and WWE. I have no attachment to any of them and I praise and/or condemn them whey they do bullshit.
    i don't get why anybody needs to bring up one to defend the other?? just defend what you want on it's own merit.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I call Goldberg Greenberg, not Oldberg.

I still call Bork Lazer Botch Lesnar.

LBO and I sound nothing alike!
    i still call batista "fruitista". nobody gets it now but back in the day it was so clever. actually i'd kill for a fruitista freeze right now.
    i'm a fan of fruitista btw.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-19-2021 at 04:13 PM.

so looks like the E is headed towards a triple threat for Romans title at mania? Watching SD tonight and seeing alot of stale storylines - Reigns, Rollins, and Zayn are al stuck in stale storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is the sort of nonsense that WWE does that gets people pissed off.

Hulk Hogan is a racist and Titus O’Neil has to host Wrestlemania with him?

Why? Why? Why?
    Are they hosting it together? Or is one of them hosting on Saturday and the other hosting on Sunday, now that Wrestlemania seems permanently expanded to a two day event.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so is it just me or is it everyone, most, countless posters here or the whole thread??

i don't get why anybody needs to bring up one to defend the other?? just defend what you want on it's own merit.

i still call batista "fruitista". nobody gets it now but back in the day it was so clever. actually i'd kill for a fruitista freeze right now.
    i'm a fan of fruitista btw.
    No, it's just you, other people here may crap on WWE but they don't always immediately rush to defend AEW like you do. No one can even vent about a negative interaction with AEW fans without you butting in to say not all their fans are bad. And yet again, you're deflecting, why does the way I talk about Tony Khan and AEW make you think I'm hung up on Tony but no one here who regularly complains about Vince is hung up on him? Is it that in your mind Vince criticism is valid but Tony criticism isn't?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Are they hosting it together? Or is one of them hosting on Saturday and the other hosting on Sunday, now that Wrestlemania seems permanently expanded to a two day event.
    Maybe it’s a two-day thing then.

Because I really don’t like the idea of a self-confessed racist hosting a show with a black man.

No, it's just you, other people here may crap on WWE but they don't always immediately rush to defend AEW like you do. No one can even vent about a negative interaction with AEW fans without you butting in to say not all their fans are bad. And yet again, you're deflecting, why does the way I talk about Tony Khan and AEW make you think I'm hung up on Tony but no one here who regularly complains about Vince is hung up on him? Is it that in your mind Vince criticism is valid but Tony criticism isn't?
    ok just checking.

you do i realize i'm not going to try and change your opinion of me right??

anyways, i've despised hogan since childhood so i'm not happy he's hosting mania anyways but i understand why, despite being outed as racist, he's hosting mania. he's one the biggest stars in the history of wrestling period. why the fuk is titus hosting?? nothing against the guy, he's like a good dude and all, just curious why did he get the gig??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-20-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    ok just checking.

you do i realize i'm not going to try and change your opinion of me right??

anyways, i've despised hogan since childhood so i'm not happy he's hosting mania anyways but i understand why, despite being outed as racist, he's hosting mania. he's one the biggest stars in the history of wrestling period. why the fuk is titus hosting?? nothing against the guy, he's like a good dude and all, just curious why did he get the gig??
    Ok cool so you are just blatantly gonna refuse to answer why people who are heavily critical of WWE aren't hung up on Vince but I'm hung up on Tony for being critical of AEW. Got it. I don't care anymore and you aren't gonna answer my very simple question so I'm just gonna mosey tf on outta here.

Ok cool so you are just blatantly gonna refuse to answer why people who are heavily critical of WWE aren't hung up on Vince but I'm hung up on Tony for being critical of AEW. Got it. I don't care anymore and you aren't gonna answer my very simple question so I'm just gonna mosey tf on outta here.
    well, it would seem the only reason there would be to answer your question would be to try and change your mind about me, which i don't care to do.

goodbye, i hope you're not leaving on my account.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so looks like the E is headed towards a triple threat for Romans title at mania? Watching SD tonight and seeing alot of stale storylines - Reigns, Rollins, and Zayn are al stuck in stale storylines.
    The Titus/Hulk hosting together is clearly intentional and we all know why. I'm hoping they cleared it with Titus first and he is cool with it and with Hogan.

They should have gotten rid of Fastlane. Having to build towards Fastlane and Wrestlemania at the same time is taking momentum away from the Wrestlemania build. Also dragging out storylines that shouldn't need to be dragged out.

In the big "rumor" section, Charlotte has been removed from all of the various WWE Wrestlemania ads on the website and on the marketing that they just released this week. They are using the same picture but with Charlotte edited out. Given the Andrade situation, this has caused rumors to fly.
    Last edited by titanfan; 03-20-2021 at 12:29 PM. Reason: fixing typos

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The Titus/Hulk hosting together is clearly intentional and we all know why. I'm hoping they cleared it with Titus first and he is cool with it and with Hogan.

They should have gotten rid of Fastlane. Having to build towards Fastlane and Wrestlemania at the same time is taking momentum away from the Wrestlemania build. Also dragging out storylines that shouldn't need to be dragged out.

In the big "rumor" section, Charlotte has been removed from all of the various WWE Wrestlemania ads on the website and on the marketing that they just released this week. They are using the same picture but with Charlotte edited out. Given the Andrade situation, this has caused rumors to fly.
    I agree. Fastline should have been dumped. With Mania being a two night event a lot of the matches on the Fastline card could have easily been Mania night 1.

I get why Fastlane is important, it's there to test Peacock. If any errors happen you want it to happen there instead of Mania.

But yeah the storyline builds to Mania have been awful because of it. Unless you do a triple threat you've wasted weeks for the Edge/Roman. Same goes for Bianca/Sasha. Lashley/Drew is just getting clumsily off the ground (the fastlane match doesn't even make sense now). Not sure anything else even counts as a build toward Mania with the obvious exception to Orton/Fiend expected payoff.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!