Page 440 of 902 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Aren't the Sharpshooter and Scorpion Deathlock both variations on the Boston Crab? You know, just like the Walls of Jericho?
    They were formed and used independent of one another but Hart did talk to Sting at some point, and Sting was cool with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Fish is being an idiot as Kenta has this same issue with Punk. Though I don't think he would have taken it as far as Fish has.
    Speaking of KENTA and Punk ...

KENTA aka Lil’K
    @KENTAG2S
    ·
    18h
    Let the world know.
    One of my worst experience in this business is that I was not allowed to use MY finishing move for 4 years.
    A move which I created on my own.

WHAT A LIFE.
    Bryan Danielson sought permission to use KENTA’s Busaiku Knee Kick, Punk did no such thing, Punk also uses KENTA's shining wizard into a bulldog and used KENTA's PK for a little bit.

These two have some legitimate issues due to Punk stealing his moves.

Punk should've done the Pepsi Plunge IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I definitely think WWE did Kenta wrong by not allowing him to use the GTS. One can blame that on Punk, sure, but WWE absolutely could have allowed both to use it, made an exception for Kenta as the originator.

On the one hand, Punk definitely did Kenta some serious wrong. On the other, wrestling fans (particularly in N.America) benefitted by two big talents using the (great) move.

The Canadian Destroyer is a great move...and now it seems like everyone does it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-12-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to remember Punk was using a version of the Crippler Crossface awhile called the Anaconda vice as his original finish. From what was claimed the WWE wanted Punk to change his finisher due to Benoit situation pretty quick.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I definitely think WWE did Kenta wrong by not allowing him to use the GTS. One can blame that Punk, sure, but WWE absolutely could have allowed both to use it, made an exception for Kenta as the originator.

One on the one hand, Punk definitely did Kenta some serious wrong. On the other, wrestling fans (particularly in N.America) benefitted by two big talents using the (great) move.

The Canadian Destroyer is a great move...and now it seems like everyone does it.
    Part of KENTA not be able to use it was because of Punk but he also fractured the orbital bone of somebody at some point.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to remember Punk was using a version of the Crippler Crossface awhile called the Anaconda vice as his original finish. From what was claimed the WWE wanted Punk to change his finisher due to Benoit situation pretty quick.
    I don't buy that as the anaconda vice is a choke which the crossface is not.

The Anaconda Vise is definitely not a Benoit crossface rip off.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't buy that as the anaconda vice is a choke which the crossface is not.
    The Anaconda Vise is definitely not a Benoit crossface rip off.
    According to Punk he never was told why to stop using it. They just came to him and told him to keep using GTS..

https://whatculture.com/wwe/every-wr...-why-2?page=17

Knowing the company they may have seen how the arm submission looked close to Crossface and thought we can't have that on TV. (Given the fact they have scrubbed everything that mentions benoit)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So basically the WWE needed to do something special with Owens and tonight he literally delivered it. In a promo that really is one of the best shoot style promos in years , Owens laid it down on Austin Theory. "Guys like you come & go !"

As someone said you can see how much has changed behind the scenes as Owens just a couple months ago sounded like he was insane with the Elias stuff. And now comes across as the heart and soul of the WWE and fans choosing guys like him or Johnny Gagano to follow. Its also HHH deciding that Austin Theory needs that program that crosses him over from Vince McMahon's hand picked guy , to a guy who stands on his own.

I wouldn't say it was one of the best shoot style promos in years myself maybe this year but it's was pretty good.

An interesting rant article against....a lot of modern wrestling fans lol, regarding the AEW Punk/Elite fight:
    Is this what you always wanted?

Is this what we always wanted?

As fans of a business that is widely known to be at its best whenever very few people know what’s real or not, has the modern era of professional wrestling fandom become too obsessed with any and everything but what actually happens between the bells?

I’m tired. It’s been a week since AEW’s All Out ended and a press conference began. Since that fateful early-morning hour, the discourse regarding Tony Khan, CM Punk, The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega and Ace Steel hasn’t stopped. And I’m tired.

I’m tired of the dribs and drabs of information that trickles out every now and then. I’m tired of the takes. I’m tired of reading why one media personality throws all the blame on CM Punk, while another blames the company’s EVPs – and then another blames Khan. I’m tired of reading indignant fans who land on either side of the aisle. I’m tired of the conspiracy theories. I’m tired of the perpetual know-it-all attitudes that already existed in pro wrestling fandom and commentary, but have now reached new heights.

. . .

For the longest time, there was only a tiny subset of wrestling fans who had access to the type of backstage information so many of us have now, but even then, it wasn’t nearly as ferocious as it turns out to be these days. But we, as fans, always wanted more. We felt we needed to know every machination of every company. Who was being a diva, who was a good person, why decisions were made, what plans were for future stories.

Well, now we’ve got it. Now, we know those things. Is it everything we ever wanted? Because without having access to those very details when it comes to this very situation, CM Punk and The Elite brawling backstage would only be the stuff of legend years down the line when the A&E specials are taped. Instead, our feelings for these people, characters or not, are complicated by real life strife that would have been best dealt with in house. At the end of the day, is the information tradeoff worth it?

I don’t know the answer to that question. All I know at this point is that I’m tired.

And rest doesn’t appear to be coming soon.
    https://prowrestling.net/site/2022/0...pro-wrestling/

An interesting rant article against....a lot of modern wrestling fans lol, regarding the AEW Punk/Elite fight:

https://prowrestling.net/site/2022/0...pro-wrestling/
    While Punk, Steele, Omega, the Bucks, and the rest are definitely a problem in all this ...

Kahn's lack of leadership is the real issue, no matter what really happened.

In the sign of the stupid times...Val Venis is now a 1st amendment auditor. (Or frauditor as they are laughed at)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    While Punk, Steele, Omega, the Bucks, and the rest are definitely a problem in all this ...

Kahn's lack of leadership is the real issue, no matter what really happened.
    Exactly this.

Ultimately, everything comes back to TK.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In the sign of the stupid times...Val Venis is now a 1st amendment auditor. (Or frauditor as they are laughed at)
    What's stupid about 1st amendment auditors?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What's stupid about 1st amendment auditors?
    Well if you pull up a good number of videos done...beyond the few doing good with it...there are tons of videos of folks just doing it for silliness. There is a number of videos where it goes too far.

I won't say names. But in Venis video he's clearly shown no filming is allowed past a certain point. So he spends all that time telling people how he's got 1st amendment and media. But as someone says in a video...

- No one is saying you can't come into the building. You just can't come in filming as signs show.

- Ok if your media and want to speak to someone at the Court House ask to meet with him. Then ask if its ok to film them for an interview...like the media would do.

Boom there ya go.