Page 457 of 902 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hold on...they don't have Bandito under contract ? I had thought they had him already signed given he was a former ROH World champion wasn't he ?
    Remember that all RoH talent were released of their contracts before Final Battle. Tony didn't sign him after buying RoH even though he is a former champion

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Remember that all RoH talent were released of their contracts before Final Battle. Tony didn't sign him after buying RoH even though he is a former champion
    That is surprising since he's signed a lot of talents. But given Banditos really cool spot with Jericho (the like 2 minute suplex) he would be a great addition here.

I still believe that Khan needs to take Dark or Elevation...and make one a Ring of Honor show. AEW during Dynamite can plug ROH Elevation.

"This week on ROH Elevation ; the feud with Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal continues. What does Jay Lethal have planned this Saturday night ...only on YouTube !" (Example)

You can run a lot of ROH storylines on there with Briscoe Brothers etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Maybe it's just me but Tony seems to be running AEW like a fanboy instead of a businessman. The issue he is going to run into is that he doesn't control the locker room. He needs to put someone in charge, like UT was in WWE, to build a cohesive locker room.
    I get the idea of blurring the lines of Kayfabe but the whole thing can screw up a locker room that is not all on the same page. There will always be malcontents but there needs to be a "judge" to keep the it from going too crazy. Seems there is not that in AEW and that can destroy the company.

As for the product, Some good stuff, but if they REALLY are a rival product, then be a rival and not a cast off of WWE talent. There are too many indy guys/gals that are good enough that you don't need the cast offs. Sure a few are ok, but don't push them to the moon or pay them crazy. I want an alternative to WWE, not WWE lite or god forbid, WCW and at times that is what it seemed like. The other thing I seem to see a lot of is that it's just spotfests. Spots are nice and can help a match, but it doesn't need to be the match. Tell the story, put in good wrestling and then add a few spots that leave us screaming Holy S#!T.

And PLEASE make finishers mean something again. That goes for all organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is surprising since he's signed a lot of talents. But given Banditos really cool spot with Jericho (the like 2 minute suplex) he would be a great addition here.

I still believe that Khan needs to take Dark or Elevation...and make one a Ring of Honor show. AEW during Dynamite can plug ROH Elevation.

"This week on ROH Elevation ; the feud with Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal continues. What does Jay Lethal have planned this Saturday night ...only on YouTube !" (Example)

You can run a lot of ROH storylines on there with Briscoe Brothers etc.
    All that would wind up doing is kicking the legs out from under any chance of ROH even having a chance at being even as big as it was before it went on hiatus.

You would literally be saying to every company with any interest "ROH is not particularly valuable. Certainly not something you should sink any real amount of money into attempting to get it back up and running. No way this thing will ever make you a buck..."

Reportedly, there's a huge interest in signing Juice Robinson after his match with Moxley on Dynamite. Robinson would be a great get

RIP to Antonio Inoki

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/sta...A-OXcaKqZT9uvA

May the heavens be blessed with strong style

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    All that would wind up doing is kicking the legs out from under any chance of ROH even having a chance at being even as big as it was before it went on hiatus.

You would literally be saying to every company with any interest "ROH is not particularly valuable. Certainly not something you should sink any real amount of money into attempting to get it back up and running. No way this thing will ever make you a buck..."
    Ring of Honor is or was under Khan not gonna be a huge brand. And trying to actually build storylines with the ROH talent Khan has signed isn’t wrong.

Your talking about kicking legs under ROH. Well right now it's not even a table to have legs. It's WCW in 2001 during the Invasion angle booked less coherently.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Having a dedicated show for RoH is better than nothing. All RoH is now is a collection of title belts and pocket of talent indistinguishable from the standard AEW roster. Giving elevation to RoH will show that Tony at least has a creative direction he wants to take the company.

It has literally been just over six months since the guy bought a company that was going to have to close the doors if someone didn't buy it.

Just throwing the towel in six months in, and saying "You know what? This promotion operating on the level of NWA or MLW is absolutely acceptable. No issue there..."?

That makes right around "Zero..." sense. You would literally be creating a situation where you had better be happy with operating at the level of NWA/MLW because that's about as big as it would ever wind up being.

There is just no reason to kneecap that company like that.

It has literally been just over six months since the guy bought a company that was going to have to close the doors if someone didn't buy it.

Just throwing the towel in six months in, and saying "You know what? This promotion operating on the level of NWA or MLW is absolutely acceptable. No issue there..."?

That makes right around "Zero..." sense. You would literally be creating a situation where you had better be happy with operating at the level of NWA/MLW because that's about as big as it would ever wind up being.

The company currently has nothing and it seems like there could not be a TV show. So essentially it's a dead company . Doing something with it....for now can help.

In the summer of 2005 Dixie Carter gambled with TNA. After a year on Fox Sports they needed to get a better cable network. Dixie took Impact that summer to be filmed on the website essentially. To have episodes air there after the Fox deal expired.

She got Spike that fall. But Tony Khan is in the same position. He needs to show cable outlets something with Ring of Honor. So doing a nice production on YouTube awhile could get ROH noticed. Because the alternative is....a dead company.

What's wrong with being NWA and MLW level? Those two companies are in a better position than RoH. They have TV, they are running major shows, they are actual promotions being run. Tony can't accept to get RoH a home when he has nothing to offer.

Here is what's wild...Impact Wrestling in its current shape has more going on than Ring of Honor. And yes Impact will never get 25,000 PPV buys. I understand that.

It's going to take time to get ROH going ROH championships are being used Jericho a AEW champion and one of the top guys in AEW is ROH champion we had 2 great PPV I'm okay with how ROH is going no need to rush it.

Mia Yim will not be returning to Impact on a new contract; she turned them down.

She will be a UFA 10/9.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Antonio Inoki has died.

He was 79.