Page 467 of 902 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE's roster size is colossal and the belts are split between brands. Their case is a lot less egregious than the others. They should rid themselves of the 24/7 title.
    From what is claimed...Russo may have credit for that one. From what he told I believe USA Network wanted something like the comical old Hardcore title defenses that aired back in the day.

So Russo suggested it to the company they create a new version of that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

WWE's roster size is colossal and the belts are split between brands. Their case is a lot less egregious than the others. They should rid themselves of the 24/7 title.
    Unless I missed something, those other promotions have massive rosters, too. Plus free agents, something WWE does not have. AEW's ROH belts will be moved to their new TV show in due time. NJPW has Strong to support other belts.

CMLL and AAA have nothing like that. AAA , IMHO, has a reasonable amount of belts.

I was hopeful with the large amount of tourneys and stuff, AEW was going to have more rings and trophies. But they went the belt route ....

My point being, ripping AEW for too many titles is stupid when WWE and CMLL have more for starters. "Everyone is a champ in Mexico" was the old school wrestling nerd mantra. Rip them too or don't change the goal posts just to try to make another promotion look bad. Their titles tend to have a purpose whereas WWE's have been props for far too long. Hopefully HHH changes that.

AEW originally was going to have multiple weight class titles but Cody and Omega pushed hard against that. Does boxing and MMA have too many titles?

To me, titles aren't overkill if used well and have a purpose. The vanity titles (Million Dollar, FTW, etc) are the ones that should go. I'd much prefer vanity belts like what they did for the TNT winners for a span, the Rated R belt, Smoking Skull, etc. For strong gimmicks. And sparingly.

Titles haven't really meant much in WWE closer to the last decade. Even with the recent hot shotting, AEW's big title is still the star of the show. How many WM's and PPVs have the World Champ be shuttered down the card? Too many if you ask me.

And fully agree, kill that silly 24/7 belt ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    From what is claimed...Russo may have credit for that one. From what he told I believe USA Network wanted something like the comical old Hardcore title defenses that aired back in the day.

So Russo suggested it to the company they create a new version of that.
    That is what was said at a share holders meeting, too (USA wanted the 24/7 hardcore stuff but concerned about it being PG and Russo pitched it).

BTW, the share holders love lots of belts.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-10-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rumor roundup:

- Bo is signed but no confirmed plans. Rumors are Boman Reigns, the lost Uce and a possible Windham return (no talk of Wyatt Six usage or not)

- Wyatt's being booked by the new Longterm Creative Director exclusively

- The old heads in WWE were shocked the QR code worked and hyped people, they want more Longterm stuff like that now

- The "lapsed fan" rating percentage via Neilson was the highest in 8 years for WWE starting in September and grew only with Wyatt's teases

- Mox wanted no drama or speculation, so he signed the extension the minute he legally could

- Liv and Seth have "gone dark" on social media post Extreme Rulez

- Starting to hear rumblings that Longterm booking is favoring Wyatt Six vs. Bloodline, with Bray taking the title(s) at WM. Rock and Cena appear to not be interested in WM matches this year. Lots of talk of less special attractions at big events.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-10-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rumor roundup:

- Bo is signed but no confirmed plans. Rumors are Boman Reigns, the lost Uce and a possible Windham return (no talk of Wyatt Six usage or not)

- Wyatt's being booked by the new Longterm Creative Director exclusively

- The old heads in WWE were shocked the QR code worked and hyped people, they want more Longterm stuff like that now

- The "lapsed fan" rating percentage via Neilson was the highest in 8 years for WWE starting in September and grew only with Wyatt's teases

- Mox wanted no drama or speculation, so he signed the extension the minute he legally could

- Liv and Seth have "gone dark" on social media post Extreme Rulez

- Starting to hear rumblings that Longterm booking is favoring Wyatt Six vs. Bloodline, with Bray taking the title(s) at WM. Rock and Cena appear to not be interested in WM matches this year. Lots of talk of less special attractions at big events.
    I hope this doesn't hurt AEW too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It shouldn't...competition brings out the best. AEW likely knows they gotta fire back with something big at some point storyline wise.

It's why they need to get Onega , Bucks and Punk all together. They have a money angle they can run. It's just...can we see the company get everyone to do it in 2023.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So the Good Brothers are back in WWE. This is interesting as Karl Anderson is the current Never Openweight champion in New Japan.

So the Good Brothers are back in WWE. This is interesting as Karl Anderson is the current Never Openweight champion in New Japan.
    It really shocks me Khan never made a push to sign them once their Impact Wrestling contracts ended.

Extraordinary Member

And Brock Lesnar is back.

And he's feuding with Bobby Lashley

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And Brock Lesnar is back.

And he's feuding with Bobby Lashley
    Please go away Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It won't. They are on the upward trend ratings and money wise. It just looks bad because they're coming off their all time high last year. Gates, ratings, rites fees, etc. Are the second highest in company history. The only thing better than last year is merch which is way up.
    It really shocks me Khan never made a push to sign them once their Impact Wrestling contracts ended.
    He did and they said no.

Ultimate Member

Shawn Michaels looks like he's lost a few inches of height.

Speaking of tag teams..I saw Ricky Morton discussing a fight over in Japan in a shoot interview he did. Manny Ferendaz was with him and....well I can't say the teem he uses repeatedly.
    - Ricky brings up thar the Rock n Roll Express was on a tour of Japan then. They were there working for Baba.

- They were set to work with Footloose later in the tour. The team was modeled a bit after Rock n Roll Express.

- The time they get set to face them ; Footloose refuse any high spots and walk off before the match.

- So in Ring as Robert Gibson is about to start the match one of them (the big guy) just ..open hand slaps Gibson across the face !

- Morton said within minutes Gibson is just putting the fists to the guy I'm the ropes ! Beating the sh-t outta him right there as he pulls Robert off the dude. Footloose take off for the locker room.

- Morton is like , I guess were fired now. Gibson doesn't care as he races to the back and starts kicking that dudes ass again in locker room !

- Morton pulls him off again. Then the next day on bus they see Footloose outside. Which has Morton tell Gibson..."Robert those guys are outside. Looks like we're gonna have to fight them !"

- They go ready as they are surprised. Footloose gives them a bow and promise to do all high spots. Morton claims they worked rest of tour against them and the guys would even carry their bags at times.

- The wildest part is hearing it was Robert Gibson who did this. Usually he's considered the more laid back guy.

So one of the biggest surprise things to come out in recent vweeks is Tony Khan during an interview ...says CM Punk is part of the Office.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/tony-kh...k-office-role/

So now this kinda makes more sense where Punk said the line.."Im trying to run a business here..."

No idea what Punk's front office role was. But it's likely what led to the stories behind the scenes. Some there did not want him there and finding out he's possibly a boss of some kind really set some off I'm sure.

So one of the biggest surprise things to come out in recent vweeks is Tony Khan during an interview ...says CM Punk is part of the Office.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/tony-kh...k-office-role/

So now this kinda makes more sense where Punk said the line.."Im trying to run a business here..."

No idea what Punk's front office role was. But it's likely what led to the stories behind the scenes. Some there did not want him there and finding out he's possibly a boss of some kind really set some off I'm sure.
    Punk has as much business being in "the office" as the Elite did.

It shouldn't...competition brings out the best. AEW likely knows they gotta fire back with something big at some point storyline wise.

It's why they need to get Onega , Bucks and Punk all together. They have a money angle they can run. It's just...can we see the company get everyone to do it in 2023.
    This is true we saw how WWE went downhill a few years after they put WCW down.