Page 495 of 902 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Did that really get 5 stars.....?
    No. Braun is being a moron. He had a decent match with Omos that fans enjoyed and tried to use that to make a point. It would have landed better if he didn't buried what he didn't like to prop himself up.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    This site is kind of funny WWE has a pay per view but 90% of the comments are about AEW acquiring Jeff Jarrett.
    A lot of fans are morally opposed to the blood money shows so discussion on them are always ho-hum.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The WWE has some decent things. Bray Wyatt , Kevin Owens , Seth Rollins. Now we have Steve Austin wanting to work more shows now from stories and rumors of CM Punk returning possibly . So yeah the WWE seems to be hitting back at things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So in news no one has mentioned Nick Aldis has announced he is leaving the NWA. He has quit the promotion as his contract was due to expire in January.

Aldis is 37 and will likely be a hot free for HHH and Tony Khan ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I do give AEW and Khan the edge in signing Aldis though for several reasons.

- Khan is big on the NWA and history of things since Aldis vs Rhodes was really the 1st ever AEW PPV in a sense. So having the guy there that kick started the company in a way makes sense.

- Aldis and Bruce Prichard (WWE Executive) do not get along. A fact Aldis detailed how Prichard tried to low ball him in TNA , then got mad when he approached Dixie about the issue.

- Aldis is more geared to be a British version of Ric Flair. A man who calls himself "The National Treasure" . He seems to fit more into the wrestling aspect of AEW.

So we shall see what happens ahead.

Is Jarrett that bad or is it personal?
    i've never met him. in my personal opinion i think he's a con man.

some try and make xcuses for his shitty booking of himself on top and even his pyramid scheming of fans. honestly i could look past all of that if he was entertaining, but he's not so i don't. also where slapnuts goes russo is usually not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i've never met him. in my personal opinion i think he's a con man.

some try and make xcuses for his shitty booking of himself on top and even his pyramid scheming of fans. honestly i could look past all of that if he was entertaining, but he's not so i don't. also where slapnuts goes russo is usually not far behind.
    Except its not "making excuses for booking himself on top" then. TNA had a deal in place with NWA and they couldn't just throw titles on people. They had to be approved by the committee there. A fact it finally led TNA to end the deal in 2007 so they could do the title changes they wanted.

Also after the Shamrock deal where he left the company to go do UFC match...the thinking had to be the ole territory type move as well. Where the owner knows he'll be there to protect his investment long term.

Plus the talent roster in NWA TNA then wasn't the roster we got from 2006 onward where Jarrett didn't become World Champion again. AJ Styles was too young and struggled on the mic then a lot before he got better , Jerry Lynn could have done it. But he was a World Champion in the final months of a dying company , Ron Killens got a brief run but didn't set the world on fire , Scott Hall was too undependable , Justin Credible is same answer as Lynn , CM Punk wasn't the guy he'd become yet , and that only leaves Raven who could have gotten that push then sure.

After 2006 once the big names came in Jarrett never become World Champion again.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WWE has been in a bad place for awhile. They do, however, looks to be on an upward trend.

AEW has had a phenomenal opening run while WWE took the piss. They do, however, appear to be on the down.

That's probably why the focus. Plus, we tend to be a smarky bunch here and live post PWG and CMLL shows, lol.
    speaking of

Three Way Match: Rey Horus def. Myron Reed and Titus Alexander
    Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson) def. West Coast Wrecking Crew (Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs)
    Masha Slamovich def. Jordynne Grace
    Aramis, Bandido & Komander def. Black Taurus, Arez & Latigo
    Davey Richards def. Shane Haste
    ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey def. Lio Rush
    PWG World Championship: Daniel Garcia (c) def. Jonathan Gresham
    looks like a solid, not mind blowing show. glad to see titus alexander & komander on the card as well as the west coast wrecking crew return and another womens match. masha seems to have taken the old candice larae spot. i definitely want to see the garcia/gresham title match.

hopefully pwg run their black friday sale again this year.

hey was anybody else as shocked as i was at how good tyson was on commentary?? orange cassidy vs shibata is not an easy match to call either and honestly i thought he was better than jr on that match.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except its not "making excuses for booking himself on top" then. TNA had a deal in place with NWA and they couldn't just throw titles on people. They had to be approved by the committee there. A fact it finally led TNA to end the deal in 2007 so they could do the title changes they wanted.

Also after the Shamrock deal where he left the company to go do UFC match...the thinking had to be the ole territory type move as well. Where the owner knows he'll be there to protect his investment long term.

Plus the talent roster in NWA TNA then wasn't the roster we got from 2006 onward where Jarrett didn't become World Champion again. AJ Styles was too young and struggled on the mic then a lot before he got better , Jerry Lynn could have done it. But he was a World Champion in the final months of a dying company , Ron Killens got a brief run but didn't set the world on fire , Scott Hall was too undependable , Justin Credible is same answer as Lynn , CM Punk wasn't the guy he'd become yet , and that only leaves Raven who could have gotten that push then sure.

After 2006 once the big names came in Jarrett never become World Champion again.
    xcept they are. i'm not going to take the time to debunk all that shit in 2022, that happened enough 10yrs ago.

So in news no one has mentioned Nick Aldis has announced he is leaving the NWA. He has quit the promotion as his contract was due to expire in January.

Aldis is 37 and will likely be a hot free for HHH and Tony Khan ahead.
    Getting in WWE will be difficult for Aldis as Bruce Prichard is still there. He has heat with Aldis and buried him to management when they expressed interest in him.

To AEW he goes then. Or Impact?
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Getting in WWE will be difficult for Aldis as Bruce Prichard is still there. He has heat with Aldis and buried him to management when they expressed interest in him.
    I know...I mentioned that the heat began when Prichard tried low balling him in TNA on his contract. He didn't like when Aldis told Dixie about the situation then.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Warp View Post
    Trips is his own guy. There is a possibility he will ignore Prichard. Unlike Vince McMahon who Prichard made sure to kiss his ass perfect...I don't expect it will work that same way.

Over selling him a bit but ya he was good.
    I don't think so. He is what? 26 and has not trained much, only had 3 official matches. Is semi-Charismatic, is young, athletic and seems to know how to work the crowd. Now imagine if he wrestled full time with all the training he could get. So, no, not overselling. I am not happy he keeps getting these spots, but at least he can wrestle and keep up with the wrestlers for a 4-5 star match and if you have to job to him, he makes it look palatable.

Trips is his own guy. There is a possibility he will ignore Prichard. Unlike Vince McMahon who Prichard made sure to kiss his ass perfect...I don't expect it will work that same way.
    Seeing how Prichard isn't in creative or talent relations anymore his influence on talent would be non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Warp View Post
    I'm hoping Impact they need people anyway in AEW or WWE he will get lost.