Page 5 of 902 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    when you don't **** on your fans for years upon years you earn what's called the "benefit of the doubt" or "good faith"

if i remember right it was cody and friends who beat up serpentico not snoop, snoop just did the worst frog splash ever afterwards.

A for effort though, it was in that sweet spot right between the old college try and trying too hard.

by super out of shape you mean his body looked like ****?? because jericho is an assclown for sure but the guy has proven to be in ring shape for sure.

this is the tyler bateman(now in RoH) i mention in a previous post
    Oh look, BigLbo is saying I try too hard for the *checks notes* 1,507th time, I think I might cry. My, you're a creative one. Puh-leeze get some new material, it's getting, no, gotten old. Obnoxious, condescending gatekeeping attitudes like yours are a major reason I hate discussing wrestling online. If I pointed out flaws in WWE I wouldn't be trying too hard in your opinion.

I'll gladly ignore all your posts from here on, I know, I know, you don't care, neither do I.

Chris Jericho is grossly our of shape, you guys are talking about Goldberg not looking like he can beat anyone up when Jericho doesn't look like he could beat ANYBODY up. There's a reason he was getting roasted by NBA twitter not too long ago. Nobody buys a 50 year old, overweight Jericho as a threat to the likes of Hangman or Kenny Omega. But just like Goldberg because of his starpower he's booked to go over people he shouldn't.

I highly doubt Sting specifically came to AEW to put the homeless abusing Jeff Hardy ripoff over. And even if he did, that doesn't make him punking out Team Taz any more acceptable. Why would Taz, his son, Ricky Starks, Brian Cage and Powehouse Hobbs be afraid of 1 near elderly man with a severe neck injury? Because he has a bat? Like they can't also bring weapons with them. I sense that even if Sting does go over Darby everyone will look the other way because of obvious reasons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah, and it was a problem then as well. One of the many reasons WCW went under. People were turning to WWE pushing newer stars like Rock and Austin instead of watching Hogan and Piper main eventing PPVs.

A massive number of people switching the channel to see Mankind win the title over Nash laying down for Hogan to give him the belt (after he just beat, ironically enough, Goldberg) was very much a thing.
    Exactly this.

WCW having old guys dominate the younger ones was the reasons the company imploded. Lots of young talent left WCW because they were held down by the older guys.

By the time WCW committed to their newer stars it was far too late.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Difference is sting isn't in the world title pic and can still wrestl at lest last time I saw he could? And he ist being forced like GB I don't have a problem with older wrestlers but what they keep doing with GB is silly come on they put him over the fiend!
    Quoted for truth.

Stuff like a 50+ year old Goldberg beating a monstrous new star like The Fiend was disastrous booking.

That would have been like having someone like Sammartino come in and smash the Undertaker circa 1991/2. It hurts the younger star and doesn’t benefit the older one.

And the worst part of all this is that Oldberg CAN NO LONGER WORK. His match with the Undertaker was a complete train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Oh look, BigLbo is saying I try too hard for the *checks notes* 1,507th time, I think I might cry. My, you're a creative one. Puh-leeze get some new material, it's getting, no, gotten old. Obnoxious, condescending gatekeeping attitudes like yours are a major reason I hate discussing wrestling online. If I pointed out flaws in WWE I wouldn't be trying too hard in your opinion.

I'll gladly ignore all your posts from here on, I know, I know, you don't care, neither do I.
    i actually thought it was the perfect amount of effort.

for the record i do care, very much. i find your quest for a double standard favoring aew most intriguing.

Chris Jericho is grossly our of shape, you guys are talking about Goldberg not looking like he can beat anyone up when Jericho doesn't look like he could beat ANYBODY up. There's a reason he was getting roasted by NBA twitter not too long ago. Nobody buys a 50 year old, overweight Jericho as a threat to the likes of Hangman or Kenny Omega. But just like Goldberg because of his starpower he's booked to go over people he shouldn't.

I highly doubt Sting specifically came to AEW to put the homeless abusing Jeff Hardy ripoff over. And even if he did, that doesn't make him punking out Team Taz any more acceptable. Why would Taz, his son, Ricky Starks, Brian Cage and Powehouse Hobbs be afraid of 1 near elderly man with a severe neck injury? Because he has a bat? Like they can't also bring weapons with them. I sense that even if Sting does go over Darby everyone will look the other way because of obvious reasons.
    jericho never looked like he could beat anybody up, but he's been able to keep up with the likes of page, omega and the NJPW guys. it's just inaccurate to say he's grossly out of shape if he can go like that. tbh his physique has even improved lately.

sting beating up huge crowds with a bat is kind of his deal, i used to wonder why everybody didn't just start carrying bats around back in the late 90's myself and came to the conclusion "because it's wrestling".

for the record i do care, very much. i find your quest for a double standard favoring aew most intriguing.

jericho never looked like he could beat anybody up, but he's been able to keep up with the likes of page, omega and the NJPW guys. it's just inaccurate to say he's grossly out of shape if he can go like that. tbh his physique has even improved lately.

sting beating up huge crowds with a bat is kind of his deal, i used to wonder why everybody didn't just start carrying bats around back in the late 90's myself and came to the conclusion "because it's wrestling".
    Right there is no bias towards AEW, no sir, it's a delusion of WWE fanboys with a persecution complex with no basis in reality.

And that'll be the last post of yours I waste time responding to. I have no time for your lame "lulz I'm so cool and unflappable" Bugs Bunny tribute gimmick. Have fun being condescending I guess. You try so hard at acting like nothing gets to you when it clearly does. But whatever I'm moving on.

Right there is no bias towards AEW, no sir, it's a delusion of WWE fanboys with a persecution complex with no basis in reality.

And that'll be the last post of yours I waste time responding to. I have no time for your lame "lulz I'm so cool and unflappable" Bugs Bunny tribute gimmick. Have fun being condescending I guess. You try so hard at acting like nothing gets to you when it clearly does. But whatever I'm moving on.
    there might be some basis for your crusade but i think you're taking it up with the wrong crowd.

i apologize, and will try my best to do better going forward.

did anybody watch genesis?? blake christain had an impressive showing in the super x-cup, i had not seen much of him before.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-10-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Intermediary

Blake Christian is immensely talented

im more of an independent fan so Im familiar with his work

same with KC Navarro

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well, being "in shape" came mean a lot of things these days.

does jericho look out of shape? yes. can he still go in the ring? also yes. he's no where near as fast or as agile as he was, (because age will do that to a person) but he's still puts on good matches with younger guys and doesn't look out of place.

does goldberg look out of shape? no. he look great for his age. can he still go in the ring? HELLLLLLL NO! he can barely go 2 minutes in the ring without looking like he just did an iron man in the sahara.

there is a difference between looking out of shape and actually being out of shape.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jericho is definitely out of shape and the clowning he got from NBA twitter was hilarious. That said, the guy can still go. He can still put on solid performances while Goldberg gets gassed just getting to the ring. Goldberg is all show and no go. He can't work a mic neither so he's not enjoyable on that end.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jericho is definitely out of shape and the clowning he got from NBA twitter was hilarious. That said, the guy can still go. He can still put on solid performances while Goldberg gets gassed just getting to the ring. Goldberg is all show and no go. He can't work a mic neither so he's not enjoyable on that end.
    and beating goldberg doesn't mean anything since he's not around to be worth a damn. sure, brock and braun have beaten him but that didn't do much for them. brock's position in the company was already secure and braun's title run wasn't really all that special from what i remember of it, which is very little.

Extraordinary Member

That’s kind of the biggest visual and performance difference between AEW and WWE - if you can “go”, AEW will have a bit more ambition in booking you, while if you have the “look”, WWE will have more ambition in booking you. In both cases, that means more matches with other guys who can “go”, with the hope of pushing the potential forward.

And at its most basic level, that makes the two shows radically different, and changes the requirements for suspension of disbelief with the two products.

Both are also arguably best supplemented by excellent promo skills, which do most of the building blocks in creating the actual feuds and making the storylines work.

That, right now, is what I’ say actually helps AEW maintain some greater consistency right now, just because they’re willing to be more flexible in covering for less skills at promo-work among the talent by letting managers do their thing.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

This.

Oldberg nearly killed Undertaker in their last match simply because he can’t cut it at the highest level...or any level for that matter...anymore.

Jericho can still work and put on very good matches. Theres a world of difference between the two of them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and beating goldberg doesn't mean anything since he's not around to be worth a damn. sure, brock and braun have beaten him but that didn't do much for them. brock's position in the company was already secure and braun's title run wasn't really all that special from what i remember of it, which is very little.
    Exactly.

A match between Drew and Oldberg does absolutely nothing for any of them except waste everyone’s time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE announced that Drew tested positive for covid and will be put in quarantine

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1348706213891084289?s=21

Ultimate Member

WWE announced that Drew tested positive for covid and will be put in quarantine

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1348706213891084289?s=21
    Well...that's something.

What happens to the WWE championship now.