Page 506 of 902 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 13529

New Fight Forever Cover:

Punk is no longer in the old trailer or the new one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Swerve ain't ready for the top.

Sammy just got a face pop.

Darby needs a rub.

They have options. Stop acting like they have zero faces.
    I'm not. Scroll back...I listed the faces possibly here.

It's not a clear cut #1 face as I said since Moxley is leaving awhile and Wardlow isn't there yet.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Obviously since the Elite wanna be booked as faces you would go...oh ...list Kenny Omega here. I would but he seems to be booking himself into this 6 man deal only. Which really...right now doesn't help AEW.

Because as much as the guys are political players and clearly run things...Omega is more needed in singles. To give MJF a good program.

No idea if we will see that. But yeah...Omega vs MJF would work. I don't know if they have ever ran that in AEW before or not.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No, it really does not.

Swerve could step away from the "Tag Team..." picture.

The guy is one of the best folks ever to have one foot in "Face..." and one foot in "Heel..."

If the folks calling the shots have a half a lick of sense, that guy is in the title picture right around "Yesterday..."
    No, Swerve is pretty solidly a Heel. They've been building him as the heel of his stable for a long time.

His Partner, Keith Lee, is a rather obvious top guy Baby face tho. Once his feud with Swerve ends, he can enter the main event scene no problems

MJF's media scrum was one where he literally referenced Punk , Chris Jericho and at the end Jim Cornette in his promo.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He has both titles in a unified way. That is what I meant to say. Because it's just these 2 are tied to 1 guy ...for now.
    or he just has both titles in a he has both titles way.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No, it really does not.

Swerve could step away from the "Tag Team..." picture.

The guy is one of the best folks ever to have one foot in "Face..." and one foot in "Heel..."

If the folks calling the shots have a half a lick of sense, that guy is in the title picture right around "Yesterday..."
    i think keith lee is

Congrats to MJF. Hopefully he can right the ship. But I have my doubts. It's clear as Jim Cornette alluded to 2 weeks ago...the main political power players are The Elite. They hold it all and showed it now as we can see.

- They booked themselves a big return deal. Made Tony Khan pay for a Kansas song. Even in a cheap loss they booked themselves to be protected. Promoted themselves in a big best of 7 series deal.

- I wish MJF luck. Guy is gonna have to swim well. (Read that Max gave a homage to Punk doing snow angels post match).
    further proof that only friends of the elite get pushed and punk's friends get stalled.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    or he just has both titles in a he has both titles way.

i think keith lee is

further proof that only friends of the elite get pushed and punk's friends get stalled.
    Well let's examine this. Do Hobbs , FTR and Darby have the same position of power MJF has in AEW right now ?

They don't....MJF is untouchable as we see. He can tick them off referencing Punk in promos and onscreen...and they can't touch him. He's their best young home grown star right now. No one is close yet. Wardlow could do it at some point ahead but for now as MJF said...the company is MJF lol

Well let's examine this. Do Hobbs , FTR and Darby have the same position of power MJF has in AEW right now ? ....

They don't....MJF is untouchable as we see. He can tick them off referencing Punk in promos and onscreen...and they can't touch him. He's their best young home grown star right now. No one is close yet. Wardlow could do it at some point ahead but for now as MJF said...the company is MJF lol
    hobbs(didn't know he and punk pals) is getting as much of a push now as he ever has in his career. ftr is booked as strong or stronger than the actual tag champs and darby(didn't know he and punk were pals either)ALWAYS has a storyline going.

nobody is untouchable, not even punk their mega huge top draw. mjf is on top because they put him there. he's been a featured guy from the start.

hobbs(didn't know he and punk pals) is getting as much of a push now as he ever has in his career. ftr is booked as strong or stronger than the actual tag champs and darby(didn't know he and punk were pals either)ALWAYS has a storyline going.

nobody is untouchable, not even punk their mega huge top draw. mjf is on top because they put him there. he's been a featured guy from the start.
    Darby is really gone nowhere with Sting. Basically for 2 years him and Sting have teamed and its...heels show up . Beat up Darby. Sting saves Darby. Tag team feud...repeat.

Hobbs just saw his big mid card title push go to Samoa Joe. So there that goes lol.

FTR literally told Tony Khan to book them on TV weeks ago. So again...this is good?

Darby is really gone nowhere with Sting. Basically for 2 years him and Sting have teamed and its...heels show up . Beat up Darby. Sting saves Darby. Tag team feud...repeat.
    darby had a really good mid-card title run as well but you illustrated my point, punk is a non-factor in darby's push and direction. same before punk, same after.

Hobbs just saw his big mid card title push go to Samoa Joe. So there that goes lol.
    hobbs looked great in that match, again he's getting as big a push as he's ever gotten despite being punk's brother from another mother.

FTR literally told Tony Khan to book them on TV weeks ago. So again...this is good?
    really ftr should be putting over the acclaimed anyways but they'll probably complain if that happens too. so yeah it's good as far as i'm concerned, the home grown acclaimed is over like rover.

darby had a really good mid-card title run as well but you illustrated my point, punk is a non-factor in darby's push and direction. same before punk, same after.
    Your right in a way....in 2021 Darby began teaming with Sting months before Punk arrived. Then after Darby's biggest match he had in AEW ...what happened ? It was basically...time to put you back with Sting and do a never ending tag team deal. That has the same repeated story beats for months on end. It possibly led to Black getting irked at how Sting & Darby feuded forever with them comically.

And if anyone thinks I'm blasting Sting here...I'm not. Sting when he 1st came in seemed to hint this was supposed to be a Dusty Rhodes deal with him back in late 1980's. Dusty gave him a bit of the rub being the older big star and it didn't run 2+ years. It was a nice deal and ended. Plus with Sting , him being a LEGEND ...he should be a special attraction. His matches should be few...should be Goldberg in a way. Where he shows up on 2 PPV's possibly and works a year.

Right now after one of Darby's biggest matches he's ever had in AEW ...he's been stuck in this.

hobbs looked great in that match, again he's getting as big a push as he's ever gotten despite being punk's brother from another mother.
    And what of this push that seemed to end with Samoa Joe winning and starting something with Wardlow as we saw ? Pushes usually involve a follow through. Not ...ok he got a push , see ...and it ended out of nowhere. There was no follow through here. Unless Hobbs jumps Joe on Dynamite to get revenge...then he seems the odd man out in the entire situation.

So yeah this ones a D- grade. A push began for Hobbs , he suddenly got put to sideline one week for Samoa Joe vs Wardlow and I have to wonder if he'll ever be a part of this angle going forward or anything.

really ftr should be putting over the acclaimed anyways but they'll probably complain if that happens too. so yeah it's good as far as i'm concerned, the home grown acclaimed is over like rover.
    Has FTR ever complained about putting people over ? I haven't really followed that. But these damn aholes , these pieces of sh-t want to work on TV actually... f-ck em ! Lol.

In all you basically can go , Darby had a nice push before Sting , then after his biggest match ever...did nothing after beyond tag team deal. Then we had Hobbs who started a push and...well we don't know if he's gonna follow through on it or if its over yet.

-

- In all Tony Khan needs someone experienced with booking to help him. Its an old complaint I have said for months.

Your right in a way....in 2021 Darby began teaming with Sting months before Punk arrived. Then after Darby's biggest match he had in AEW ...what happened ? It was basically...time to put you back with Sting and do a never ending tag team deal. That has the same repeated story beats for months on end. It possibly led to Black getting irked at how Sting & Darby feuded forever with them comically.

And if anyone thinks I'm blasting Sting here...I'm not. Sting when he 1st came in seemed to hint this was supposed to be a Dusty Rhodes deal with him back in late 1980's. Dusty gave him a bit of the rub being the older big star and it didn't run 2+ years. It was a nice deal and ended. Plus with Sting , him being a LEGEND ...he should be a special attraction. His matches should be few...should be Goldberg in a way. Where he shows up on 2 PPV's possibly and works a year.

Right now after one of Darby's biggest matches he's ever had in AEW ...he's been stuck in this.

And what of this push that seemed to end with Samoa Joe winning and starting something with Wardlow as we saw ? Pushes usually involve a follow through. Not ...ok he got a push , see ...and it ended out of nowhere. There was no follow through here. Unless Hobbs jumps Joe on Dynamite to get revenge...then he seems the odd man out in the entire situation.

So yeah this ones a D- grade. A push began for Hobbs , he suddenly got put to sideline one week for Samoa Joe vs Wardlow and I have to wonder if he'll ever be a part of this angle going forward or anything.
    so then we agree that has fuk all to do with being friends with punk or the elite

Has FTR ever complained about putting people over ? I haven't really followed that. But these damn aholes , these pieces of sh-t want to work on TV actually... f-ck em ! Lol.

In all you basically can go , Darby had a nice push before Sting , then after his biggest match ever...did nothing after beyond tag team deal. Then we had Hobbs who started a push and...well we don't know if he's gonna follow through on it or if its over yet.
    have they put anybody over?? that doesn't mean have they done a job, but have they put anybody over?? the fact that they're in position to truly put over the tag champs is proof they've been booked well enough.

- In all Tony Khan needs someone experienced with booking to help him. Its an old complaint I have said for months.
    so then we agree that has fuk all to do with being friends with punk or the elite.

btw i think the key word in there is "someone" and not "anyone". there's lots of carny jackoffs with xperience that need to stick to podcasting.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-20-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Well let's examine this. Do Hobbs , FTR and Darby have the same position of power MJF has in AEW right now ?

None of them need to.

If the guy has right around "Jack..." to do now that he does have the title?

That he won the title won't amount to much.

While there are some possibilities built into what they have done leading up to this win?

It would be in the best interest of the company to have some other plans as far as the "Title..." picture goes.

Spectacular Member

Full Gear was a really entertaining PPV. Man, I'm so happy I accidentally found AEW on TV at the start of the pandemic. I think it was Cody on the mic telling people they'll do their damnedest to entertain us during that scary time. I was like "Huh. THAT'S cool. Ok, I'll watch". They I was so happy to see a pro wrestling show that was entertaining, fun, lots of action, new names I never heard of. And a few years later, I'm still appreciative and enjoying the heck out of it.

Hey SUPERECWFAN1...in an recent post you mentioned the idea of Regal helping MJF and screwing Moxley. Did it leak out somewhere ahead of time that this was going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Full Gear was a really entertaining PPV. Man, I'm so happy I accidentally found AEW on TV at the start of the pandemic. I think it was Cody on the mic telling people they'll do their damnedest to entertain us during that scary time. I was like "Huh. THAT'S cool. Ok, I'll watch". They I was so happy to see a pro wrestling show that was entertaining, fun, lots of action, new names I never heard of. And a few years later, I'm still appreciative and enjoying the heck out of it.

Hey SUPERECWFAN1...in an recent post you mentioned the idea of Regal helping MJF and screwing Moxley. Did it leak out somewhere ahead of time that this was going to happen?
    I don't know if it was a leak more than us here and fans all over knowing pro wrestling 101 that with how Regal and Max interacted weeks ago on TV that he was gonna help him. Everywhere you went it was predicted he'd turn on Mox and help MJF.

So I don't think it was a leak. Just how telegraphed it was on TV we saw weeks ago in that promo Regal and Max cut.