Page 509 of 902 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW needs him to run a good long time here.
    I agree. And sadly, the long run is kinda needed due to the Punk drama kinda forcing FAR TOO MANY championship reigns this year. I actually once criticized AEW for not doing more surprise short Heavyweight title reigns, you can't have them all long (which would be too predictable), I stand by this view, but the Punk thing pushed the pendulum too far this year, with too many short reigns in such a short period of time. AEW might have devalued their main championship some, MJF needs to rehab it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-22-2022 at 07:30 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

But Darby gets storylines by being Sting's tag team partner...repeatedly lol.
    holy ****, i never realized sting was the focus in all those storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree. And sadly, the long run is kinda needed due to the Punk drama kinda forcing FAR TOO MANY championship reigns this year. I actually once criticized AEW for not doing more surprise short Heavyweight title reigns, you can't have them all long (which would be too predictable), but the Punk thing pushed the pendulum too far this year, with too many short reigns in such a short period of time.
    putting the belt back on punk when he returned proved to be a huge mistake.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hangman would be good to fed to MJF. They do have some history. Hangman was the guy MJF beat to win his first diamond ring IIRC.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    holy ****, i never realized sting was the focus in all those storylines.
    He seemingly was...repeatedly. Darby gets beat up by heels...Sting makes save. Look at how Jarrett came in...the whole deal was a Sting miss direction. I hope AEW seriously pushes Darby here solo wise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'd make a list of guys to feed at 1st before the serious Big programs at PPV. Feed Starks in December. Then spend January building to Danielson on PPV. Then feed Hangman through March...then do Moxley when he returns for that next PPV. And so on til they decide to pull trigger on Darby or Omega as next real big program. (My strategy would be to save your big PPVs for Danielson, Moxley and Omega or Darby.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Cornette can eff off with his Monday-morning quarterbacking, Moxley's basically been forced to carry the main event pretty much since Punk left.

As for new contenders, I suggest elevating Keith Lee.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah, I definitely want to see Lee do more big singles matches. He can fight big men, but also MJF and others.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Cornette can eff off with his Monday-morning quarterbacking, Moxley's basically been forced to carry the main event pretty much since Punk left.

I haven't seen the match yet really. But Cornette's not a fan of Moxley due to trash matches and bleeding every match nearly. That's his main issues there.

In this match I haven't seen yet ; Cornette claims Moxley was booed so he went into heel mode. Then instead of heel selling to really put over Max he wouldn't do that.

Fantastic Member

WrestleMania could be on its way to Nashville in 2027, according to a new report. The Tenneseean reports that according to Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. CEO Butch Spyridon, there is a verbal commitment for WWE to host what would be WrestleMania 43 in the city if it builds a proposed enclosed stadium.

Spyridon told the site that he has spoken in the past with WWE about hosting the yearly PPV, and that those talks ramped up after they Mayor John Cooper and the Tennessee Titans delivered the draft terms for the proposed stadium.
    Funny that people are talking about Jim Cornette because looking at 2027 for the WWE Hall of Fame...he might have to be the guy to headline that class

Who they could induct for a midsouth group...
    Jim Cornette
    Lex Luger
    Midnight Express
    Eddie Gilbert?

2023 - (Hollywood) (Batista or The Rock)
    2024 - (Philadelphia) (Paul Heyman)
    2025 -
    2027 - (Memphis) (Jim Cornette)

Fantastic Member

As for MJF if I were to guess on his title run...

Winter is Coming (Ricky Starks)
    New Years Slam (Bryan Danielson)
    Beach Break (Jungle Boy)
    Revolution (Eddie Kingston)
    Double or Nothing (Wardlow)

I'd say a big thing Is...they can't throw someone into a program with MJF that fans will go...wtf is ____ doing against MJF ? Because as Hangman started out HOT against Bryan Danielson in a 2 month program...he was thrown into a program next with Lance Archer and a lot of folks were like...wtf ? Because Archer really hadn't done much all while everyone questioned then the wait on Adam Cole lol.

But yeah...they have to push these guys on TV and build them like domino's in a way. Your pushing Kingston for 2+ months to get him ready for main event run , then your starting next guy while Kimgston does his main event program.

I'd say a big thing Is...they can't throw someone into a program with MJF that fans will go...wtf is ____ doing against MJF ? Because as Hangman started out HOT against Bryan Danielson in a 2 month program...he was thrown into a program next with Lance Archer and a lot of folks were like...wtf ? Because Archer really hadn't done much all while everyone questioned then the wait on Adam Cole lol.

But yeah...they have to push these guys on TV and build them like domino's in a way. Your pushing Kingston for 2+ months to get him ready for main event run , then your starting next guy while Kimgston does his main event program.
    So what you are saying is that the Bookers would need to Book in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    So what you are saying is that the Bookers would need to Book in advance?
    Yes...yes indeedy.

Remember when they said CM Punk was just the problem ?

https://wrestletalk.com/news/more-ba...ent-full-gear/

Colton Gunn to Jungle Boy.."Maybe if I stayed up til 6am with the Bucks I'd be on PPV too."

EDIT.... i was wrong on the reply. This was it. Sorry was on my phone when I posted.

Gunn’s reply to that is what raises eyebrows, as he then said: “I guess if we changed with the bucks and stayed up until 6 am with the boss we could get a spot too”.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 11-22-2022 at 03:40 PM.