Page 519 of 902 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cornette himself has said when Khan spoke to him he realized he would be in over his head with guys. That he wouldn't be able to separate business and friends.

The Elite clearly should have lost the EVP position and power the moment the fight happened. Once they went there , Khan should have stepped up and said...your just gonna be talent now. If you don't like it...theres the door. Now as talent we have to view exactly what were doing booking wise with your characters.

Instead Tony did the exact opposite and paid for a Kansas song on a return that weeks in has fizzled out. The rating dropped in the main event and crowd reaction was DOA. No one wants to see these 6 man matches in main event. Omega is a singles star and should honest to god be in a program with MJF trying to get this new big f'n heel over ...and instead he's facing Death Triangle in pointless best of 7 no one gives a f-ck for TV wise.

So Tony won't step in as his All Friends Wrestling just stumbles along. Brian Danielson is a great program sure for MJF. But he's been booked so under whelming lately its ...well its like he was thrown into this situation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So basically EC3 is claiming Regal regretted the AEW deal once he got backstage. As it was a maturity issues with young talent that led Regal to also race back to the WWE.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...tion-exclusive

Jim Cornette basically ran down a list of veterans who have been ripped on by talents or ignored.

Regal
    CM Punk
    Billy Gunn
    Jim Ross

If your ignoring advice from these guys and you drove 2 of them out of the company...then Tony Khan...STEP THE F--K UP.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 12-05-2022 at 10:28 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Warp View Post
    This was pretty good. I gotta check out the others.
    You should. There are so many forgotten little (often short) TV B/C-show matches, like (in a match not related to Dustin Rhodes) Ted DiBiase vs Red Rooster Terry Taylor from Prime Time 3/25/90:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-0vjCDKkyg

No feeling I love more than stumbling upon a hidden gem of a match. YouTube has really allowed that to happen so often for me.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-06-2022 at 06:28 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It's being claimed online William Regal will be starting back with WWE after 1st of the year.

Also the WWE has started its push to expansion again. There is talks they will look at buying smaller companies in Japan or Mexico to set up performance centers. This as well has seen them recruit again from the indies.

The NWA is not only losing Nick Aldis after the 1st ; Colby Corino will be reporting to NXT. Corino is the son of THE KING OF OLD SCHOOL...Steve Corino.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I hope Dustin had fun and he doesn't have anything more to prove, having had big matches everywhere. His great (singles) matches are kinda few and far between, to be honest, but he was a great worker at times. Sadly, various forces (most probably outside his control) I think often kept him from realizing his full potential as a talent.

I will always kind of think of Dustin like Barry Windham I think.

Some of my very subjective idiosyncratic list of recommended Dustin singles matches:
    Dustin vs Ted Dibiase WWF Superstars 11/3/90
    Dustin vs Vader WCW Clash Champions 11/16/94 (I think this might be my favorite Dustin match, this being the version of Dustin I most preferred)
    Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin Havoc 1991
    Cody vs Dustin AEW
    Golddust vs Razor Ramon at RR 96 was pretty good too.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Golddust vs Razor Ramon at RR 96 was pretty good too.
    A fun match perhaps (though not to everyone), though the fun character work of it comes at the expense of the wrestling, which is kinda secondary in the match. I'm personally a bit "meh" on it. Though if I had to rank "Goldust only" singles matches, I'd certainly list it (but part of that would be that there wasn't a lot of contenders).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dustin Rhodes announced over weekend he will be retiring after 2023.
    I hope he goes out as AEW or ROH champion.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I hope he goes out as AEW or ROH champion.
    While it would be nice he gets that nod for Ring of Honor...I really don't think Dustin needs that. He's a solid talent who had a 4 decade run and became his own man as we saw.

It surprised people how well he could move in his 50s in ring. That to me was just how good he really was.

The young guys could learn a lot from him. If they chose to in AEW. To show how you save your body to go 35 years in with a number of surgeries.

Regal was granted a conditional release.

His AEW contract was through December 31, 2023.

TK gave him a release to be with his son in WWE since he's having some substance issues.

Regal cannot be on TV in 2023 but can work and help his son immediately.

So good on TK and HHH to work something out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

While it would be nice he gets that nod for Ring of Honor...I really don't think Dustin needs that. He's a solid talent who had a 4 decade run and became his own man as we saw.

It surprised people how well he could move in his 50s in ring. That to me was just how good he really was.

The young guys could learn a lot from him. If they chose to in AEW. To show how you save your body to go 35 years in with a number of surgeries.
    What he can do is show them how to fully embrace any gimmick given to them. He is probably the only one who could have pulled off that Golddust gimmick for as long as he did. What turned into a joke/rib/payback, made literal Gold by him, with ancillary help from Terri.

No he doesn't need it I'm just thinking it would be a nice send off he can win it and retire the next day.

"with his hat" lol

Love it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Starks vs. MJF for the ring gives Starks the rub and win over MJF so he can later retain the title.

Interesting move.

To explain a 3rd time...The Bucks had the titles in summer. They lost them to Swerve in July. Yes this is what I have said a few times.
    i understood that the 1st time.

They logically should have lost to FTR here. To complete the belt collection angle and repay the favor. But they wouldn't do business the right way so f--'ck em.
    but that was just YOUR plan and your plans usually suck ass. ftr got their win back, favor repaid. if they don't want to complete the trilogy by putting over the bucks in the rubber match they should fuk off.

Edit : I'd rather be a Punk fan than a Young Bucks fan honestly. One guy gave us years of great memories. The other 2 guys will be remembered for copying the NWO gesture and one dude getting his ass kicked by a one armed man with a bad foot.
    punk will be remembered as whiner, hypocrite, ******* and complete joke in the world of mma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Regal's close friends with Triple H. He probably wants to go back to working for his buddy
    plus his son like beastie said.

Spectacular Member

There's an article on wrestlinginc about Miro's whereabouts/update. It says he's ready to work, but hasn't been contacted with a story line for him. Seems in the comments there that many (like me) think the God's Chosen Champion/Redeemer role is perfect for him and would be terrific to continue.

He is one talent that should not be part of a stable. The dude is a human wrecking ball. Plus using him individually adds to his one-man, chosen by God character to be on his own, disdained by others, imbued with strength, etc. etc (insert all the mythology parallels)

He could certainly use the whole "kept at home" thing as being continually persecuted by non-believers.

I think AEW should use/build-up a smarmy heel character or actually even a whole heel group(not sure who to go with, MJF of course is tops as an individual, but maybe the Firm works too?), Christian and Luchsaurus? ). The heel(s) goes off in the ring...then Miro's horns sound and he comes to the ring and clears it.