Page 52 of 902 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    A good few were saying Cesaro/Rollins on Twitter.
    I think that's a had a fairly good build-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think that's a had a fairly good build-up.
    I agree that that build has been good, but I don't think it was ever going to be considered for a main event.

Similarly I think Big E/Apollo's been a good build but it's a natural mid card match.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Mighty Member

The "main event" is the last match of the night, and that is determined by WWE. That does not mean that the main event is going to be the *best* match (which is what we are really talking about here).

I am expecting Sasha/Bianca to be good. (Maybe Bayley interferes, and we get her and Sasha as a team again? I can dream...) Cautiously optimistic about the women's tag match.

The men's tag match is promising. Really looking forward to Cesaro/Rollins. (It helps that I have made peace with Cesaro going face. Though, I still prefer him as a heel.) Owen/Zayn is likely to be good. (Not every match needs to be historic.) Stowman/McMahon? Sure.

I want Reigns/Bryan/Edge to be good. But, I am deliberately keeping my expectations low, just to avoid being disappointed.

If Orton/Fiend is the end of that feud, and the end of routine cinematics, I will be happy. I neither ask nor hope for anything more from this match. I will accept nothing else.

Not dreading Lashley/Mcintyre. Not giddy for it. (I dunno.)

Langston/Crews is the sort of thing that is going to be easier to enjoy by ignoring the story.

I'm aquiver with anticipation. Seasons one and two were epic.
    It is not a bad show. But, it does not break new ground. It is most information that we already have, but with re-enactments. I would prefer more interviews, preferably with new information. (Given how little written documentation there is for anything before the 90s, the priority should be to get old guys in front of cameras, and documenting their stories before they die.)

Again, I like "Dark Side of the Ring". I do not regret the episodes that I have watched. But, it could be so much more.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

My friend reviews the latest episode of AEW Dynamite -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They have pictures of them doing a drone-effect for The Fiend's entrance. Looks like his match with Orton will actually be a match, and not a cinematic thing. If so, I think this will be the first non-cinematic match Wyatt has had in over a year, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Lashley - Drew opening Mania? wow thought it would be later in the card.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Lashley - Drew opening Mania? wow thought it would be later in the card.
    I like it, first match and intro in the pandemic era. Drew gets the pop he never got last year after he won.

Mandy Rose will be a Gif forever when her entrance stumble. lol Good Mania so far.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't have much to say but Night 1 was really good. I'm glad that Lashley retained, Bianca won and Bad Bunny was legit. Bunny was better than he had any right to be.

Astonishing Member

I wasn't sure the main event could top Seth/Cesaro and the Bad Bunny match but the ladies absolutely did it. One of the best main event matches ever too. That was fantastic!

Extraordinary Member

Not a bad match on Night One.

Loved Bad Bunny, and that whip crack was brutal

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Not a bad match on Night One.

Loved Bad Bunny, and that whip crack was brutal
    The whip crack left it's mark on her

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/...89620142784512
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.

i tuned in at the wrong time i guess. peacock can eat cock. so i put mania on a little before the end of the women's 4 way tag which i didn't care about and discovered there was no option to start from the beginning of the show, rewind, or even pause. is that a roku thing or is peacock like that on all platforms??

next up was cesaro vs rollins. i didn't think the build for this was good but still xcited for the match as i know these are great talents and they delivered. i MARKT OUT when cesaro hit the no hands airplane spin.

new day vs aj/omos i didn't care for at all....AT ALL. aj gets his ass kicked by new day, makes the tag and omos squashes them unassisted. really made me feel like he could've easily handled the new day w/o aj and if that's how this tag team is going to go i don't want to see it.

strowman vs shane i had no interest in so i took a shower, i imagine shane jumped, fell, or got thrown off the cage.

miz/morrison vs bunny/priest bunny, entrances were horrible. no offense to his fans(my brother) but if i had to choose between listening to his music, pitbull's music or cats fuking i just can't call it. that said bunny was impressive for somebody not particularly athletic and with very little training but i don't care about him which made it hard for me to get into the match.

had to get some sleep before work after that. i thought the build for bianca sasha was weak(is sasha a heel??) but i'm confident the ladies will deliver in the ring and am looking forward to watching it and bobby vs drew later.

so yeah i fukt up by assuming i could start the show from the beginning which isn't wwe's fault. i don't see myself continuing the subscription after the free trial.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-11-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Surprised that Drew and Lashley started the show. But I have no problem with Lashley retaining, this is his first and likely only title reign. He should be given a little more time with the title.

Cesaro and Rollins was excellent. No surprise there, both guys are great. That corkscrew frog splash thing Rollins did was amazing.

I didn't have any problem with the tag team match. Omos is so fricking huge so I fully expected something like this.

Didn't care for the tag team turmoil match.

Bad Bunny can actually wrestle. LOL.

Bianca and Sasha were great. Sasha is an all time great and Bianca is almost a perfect athelete. Bianca fully deserves the championship.

Overall, night one had more ups then downs (using Whatculture's lingo).

It's actually funny, for all the **** i've given WWE regarding diversity, they have a black WWE champion, a black Intercontinental champion, a black Smackdown women's champion and an Asian RAW womens' champion. It's impressive. Cole even made reference to this being the first time that we've had two black women main event a Wrestlemania. AEW should take note, this is REAL diversity.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-11-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Why do you think this is going to be Lashleys first and only title reign?