Page 520 of 902 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    There's an article on wrestlinginc about Miro's whereabouts/update. It says he's ready to work, but hasn't been contacted with a story line for him. Seems in the comments there that many (like me) think the God's Chosen Champion/Redeemer role is perfect for him and would be terrific to continue.

He is one talent that should not be part of a stable. The dude is a human wrecking ball. Plus using him individually adds to his one-man, chosen by God character to be on his own, disdained by others, imbued with strength, etc. etc (insert all the mythology parallels)

He could certainly use the whole "kept at home" thing as being continually persecuted by non-believers.

I think AEW should use/build-up a smarmy heel character or actually even a whole heel group(not sure who to go with, MJF of course is tops as an individual, but maybe the Firm works too?), Christian and Luchsaurus? ). The heel(s) goes off in the ring...then Miro's horns sound and he comes to the ring and clears it.
    Miro is the ultimate beast and should be booked like one. WWE missed it and now AEW is missing it. No more jokes, just MONSTER HEEL...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It seems to me Tony doesn't know how to book unless a belt is involved or someone is in a stable. There's no reason why someone like Miro should be sitting at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It seems to me Tony doesn't know how to book unless a belt is involved or someone is in a stable. There's no reason why someone like Miro should be sitting at home.
    agreed, belt, stable or tournament seem to be his bread & butter, i suspect that's why they have so many of each. i read once that most bookers have a shelf life of about 3 years of high quality, i think there may be some truth to that. tk booking was never fantastic it was good enough to get us to the matches that were fantastic.

i'm a big fan of miro too but not sure where to squeeze him in at this point. there's so many guys that i'd like to see get a push.

ricky starks was great this week, if aew is short on main event faces they just got a little help in that area.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tony needing help booking is becoming a running theme. I have to wonder how he's gonna handle a Ring of Honor show since he's struggling with AEW side.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So this past year Josh Alexander was a free agent awhile. His Impact Wrestling contract had expired. He looked at AEW and debated signing there.

But a big issue was booking. As he brought up how guys were barely being used except the top 20 ones. So he decided to go back to Impact .

So on his Instagram Punk had been silent. Except for posting a picture of himself with long hair in the WWE from 2011. Which has people talking about what he could be hinting at.

Punk then today posted a funny deal about Danhausen. That his injury was a result of Danhausen "cursing" him and he claims..

"I curse you Pepsi Phil . Then he drank a Coke "
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kenny Omega is absent from this list and so is Samoa Joe. 2 guys who Khan needs to push against MJF at some point. Plus will Adam Cole get medically cleared to return due to his brain issues ?

This is some question marks ahead...i do like that the idea as I posted to save MJF's big programs (Danielson , Mox rematch , Sensitive Lame Cowboy (i added lame ok) aka Hangman Page are PPV ones and the ones like Starks , Jungle Boy and Eddie Kingston are the programs during Non-PPV months).

So yeah hopefully Khan can book these well. Tony Khan....you don't need anymore tournaments for at least 6 months as well. Please stop awhile doing those ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Kenny Omega is absent from this list and so is Samoa Joe. 2 guys who Khan needs to push against MJF at some point. Plus will Adam Cole get medically cleared to return due to his brain issues ?

This is some question marks ahead...i do like that the idea as I posted to save MJF's big programs (Danielson , Mox rematch , Sensitive Lame Cowboy (i added lame ok) aka Hangman Page are PPV ones and the ones like Starks , Jungle Boy and Eddie Kingston are the programs during Non-PPV months).

So yeah hopefully Khan can book these well. Tony Khan....you don't need anymore tournaments for at least 6 months as well. Please stop awhile doing those ok.
    Kenny is going to be busy with trios. TBH, I rather not see him work with MJF. I don't see Kenny being compatible with him. Max isn't trying to wrestle clinics, gets over largely on promos and character, and Max likes getting personal to draw heat. I'm not confident Kenny would be a good fit as an opponent.

Joe is a heel right now so he won't go after MJF.

If Adam Cole still has concussion issues then they can sub him for Kyle O' Riley. I know he's hurt too but his future isn't in question.

Extraordinary Member

Kenny is going to be busy with trios. TBH, I rather not see him work with MJF. I don't see Kenny being compatible with him. Max isn't trying to wrestle clinics, gets over largely on promos and character, and Max likes getting personal to draw heat. I'm not confident Kenny would be a good fit as an opponent.

If Adam Cole still has concussion issues then they can sub him for Kyle O' Riley. I know he's hurt too but his future isn't in question.
    Adam was also a heel last we saw him.

I think Joe just isn't a good fit for MJF. He'd made MJF an underdog

That's because everyone gets that no one actually cares about Omega...

(From a "ROH Final Battle..." watchalong on Youtube...)

Apparently, Ringside News took to Twitter to post a photo of Lee/Strickland coming out together that said "These two have more beef than @Arbys."

While I ain't really one for Twitter/Facebook/You Get The Picture?

That is sorta hilarious.

Omega is really as I hate to say this ...more valuable as a singles guy really. Him doing trios matches doesn't help the product or Max. It's not about wrestling clinics etc. It's putting your strongest stars your company have against each other.

Given how fast we see heel and face turns at times in AEW...Joe turning face in spring of 2023 wouldn't be far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's because everyone gets that no one actually cares about Omega...
    I'm not a big fan but even I can't say this. Omega is the valuable piece in Elite. He's the big star there.

Yes I hate to admit that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Adam was also a heel last we saw him.

I think Joe just isn't a good fit for MJF. He'd made MJF an underdog
    Given the nature of his injury and how long he's been out it would be foolish for him to stay a heel. I know I don't want to boo him when he comes back.

Omega is really as I hate to say this ...more valuable as a singles guy really. Him doing trios matches doesn't help the product or Max. It's not about wrestling clinics etc. It's putting your strongest stars your company have against each other.

Given how fast we see heel and face turns at times in AEW...Joe turning face in spring of 2023 wouldn't be far fetched.
    Kenny is likely doing trios to take it easy. He took a long break due to a laundry list of minor injuries piling up because he loves going all out in 20+ minutes. Let him add credibility to that division and let other guys grab the singles ball.

Given the nature of his injury and how long he's been out it would be foolish for him to stay a heel. I know I don't want to boo him when he comes back.

Kenny is likely doing trios to take it easy. He took a long break due to a laundry list of minor injuries piling up because he loves going all out in 20+ minutes. Let him add credibility to that division and let other guys grab the singles ball.
    I'd normally agree that Omega letting others work awhile is a great deal. It's more or less AEW has to really push good programs that sell PPVs and drive tickets. Omega is that really.

I'll say it...Omega is more valuable than Hangman Page against MJF. Page had a... so/so run while Omega had a near year long run where he was in other companies winning belts too.

I'm not a big fan really...but Omega has to factor in by spring or summer 2023. You just can't keep one of your stars who carried awhile away.

Jericho will likely face Max too at some stage in 2023. So having evert ex-champion face Max at some point would make sense here.