Page 522 of 902 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hayter was going to break Jade's streak at one point. The original plan was for Statlander to beat Jade but she got hurt before the feud got started. Hayter was planned to replace Statlander but she got pushed to the world title instead. I'm guessing Statlander is still the plan
    Was just coming in to add that.

Jade, Hayter, Statlander are their focus for the future.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Ring of Honor...there is no TV deal. No...

If you wanna watch new Ring of Honor you can pay $9.99 a month to join the relaunch of Honor Club streaming service in 2023.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Edit: Nevermind. The press release says otherwise.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

question: Is Claudio a big enough name to be the face of a brand. He just seems to lack the charisma to pull it off at least as anything of note. I know Davey Richards wasn't Mr Promo but I have to believe Khan wants more visibility than that. Joe or Scorpio Sky or something. Why would anyone want to pay money to see Claudio he is not that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    question: Is Claudio a big enough name to be the face of a brand. He just seems to lack the charisma to pull it off at least as anything of note. I know Davey Richards wasn't Mr Promo but I have to believe Khan wants more visibility than that. Joe or Scorpio Sky or something. Why would anyone want to pay money to see Claudio he is not that guy.
    Claudio is that veteran they can use awhile that a young guy they build up can take the title. When the Jericho angle began I had thought Garcia would be that guy who turns and becomes that World Champion. But things didn't go that way.

I have no idea who is gonna be on a streaming only ROH show. Beyond Claudio , Yuta , Briscoe Brothers and Cobana right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Give him a manager and he can be. He can let his wrestling speak for him but as a Babyface it's hard to be a good wrestler and win over the fans.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Of all the DVDs WWE Home Video criminally didn't do, not doing a Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase DVD may be the most criminal. What a great and important talent overall Ted was.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

News Rumors Bits & Bobs:

- Mercedes Varnado is not only listed on working NJPW is JAN 23, but in apparently looking at STARDOM & possible AEW dates.

- Many in the AEW that have worked with Mercedes have said signing her will be like "CM Punk all over again."

- Von Wagner & Cameron Grimes are next up for NXT call-ups.

- William Regal will serve as HHH's main VP upon his return to WWE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    News Rumors Bits & Bobs:

- Mercedes Varnado is not only listed on working NJPW is JAN 23, but in apparently looking at STARDOM & possible AEW dates.

- Many in the AEW that have worked with Mercedes have said signing her will be like "CM Punk all over again."

She's with WWE, unless she's not done...Could change at any moment...Love that reporting on the web...
    She could also be my wife, unless she's not...The situation is fluid...

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    News Rumors Bits & Bobs:

- Von Wagner & Cameron Grimes are next up for NXT call-ups.

- William Regal will serve as HHH's main VP upon his return to WWE.
    Translation: She will be vocal to us backstage on how we're working and hurt our fee fees. So we can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    She's with WWE, unless she's not done...Could change at any moment...Love that reporting on the web...
    She could also be my wife, unless she's not...The situation is fluid...
    Her contract ends December 31st.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Interesting nugget of info Regal revealed. In Regal's last WWE run he had a talent contract and employee contract. When he was released he called Vince and informed him he was joining AEW and Vince encouraged him to go. Not only that but Vince also continued to pay his talent contract until it expired in April. When Vince loves you he fucking loves you.

https://vxtwitter.com/slate_s42/stat...26663147552773

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not only that but Vince also continued to pay [Regal's] talent contract until it expired in April. When Vince loves you he fucking loves you.
    Regal always struck me as a super old school extremely hard working type, with a stiff upper lip and all, an uncomplaining all-business stoicism that probably Vince loved.

Benoit seemed that way too, of course seemingly without the desire to coach/train/mentor/scout/agent (one wonders if Benoit would have later been interested in backstage work)...Benoit it seemed only sought to wrestle.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-12-2022 at 02:38 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Regal always struck me as a super old school extremely hard working type, with a stiff upper lip and all, an uncomplaining all-business stoicism that probably Vince loved.

Benoit seemed that way too, of course seemingly without the desire to coach/train/mentor/scout/agent (one wonders if Benoit would have later been interested in backstage work)...Benoit it seemed only sought to wrestle.
    Benoit was asked to take London n Kendrick with him on the road. He was traveling with Knoble I believe as well. But the office felt London & Kendrick needed to be with someone who was dedicated to the business. Paul London joked that there was perception from folks then they didn't care about working out etc.

So Benoit traveled with them. Which he comically would make sure they ate big and worked out.

"Well I'm gonna order the glazed French toast , 4 pancakes with extra butter and- " Kendrick as a joke in Waffle House.

"No..no..he's gonna have what we are. Dozen eggs and steak !" - Benoit lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

Benoit doesn't strike me as someone who would work in the office. He would likely be a trainer, coach, producer or whatever position that would allow him to work with talent and the ring.

Eddie Guerrero would have far more versatility if he lived long enough to retire.