Page 531 of 902 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe
    I don't see it. No one should get in until Tenta and Bam Bam get in
    Bigelow was supposed to get inducted 2 yrs ago when they had Mania in NJ but for whatever reason didn't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am not sure who posed the question to Konnan, but if you are in the business, you want the business to excel. I am not sure if Konnan is still in AEW or just paid appearances, BUT your brand is elevated by everyone elses brand. If you have a mid/upper talent dragging it down, it hurts everyone, plus you are a role model to the younger wrestlers and should set an example for your work and your craft.
    ...Wrestling is not a cult, it's a job. If they underperform then they underperform, but that's nobody's businesses but theirs and the federations they work for if they do. It's not Konnan's business, nor is it the business of any other washed-up carny with a podcast for that matter. And it certainly isn't the business of anyone on this board, most of whom haven't so much as set foot inside of a ring.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I don't see it.
    I don't see it either, but also I have noticed that the WWE HOF pretty much lets anyone in given enough time, hence making me think it's near pointless to question its admissions since there is little rhyme or reason to any of it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-19-2022 at 02:07 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    ...Wrestling is not a cult, it's a job. If they underperform then they underperform, but that's nobody's businesses but theirs and the federations they work for if they do. It's not Konnan's business, nor is it the business of any other washed-up carny with a podcast for that matter. And it certainly isn't the business of anyone on this board, most of whom haven't so much as set foot inside of a ring.
    Yes it's a business but if YOU are dragging down the product then YOU need to make a change. If Konnan is working for said Business and see's lazy asses just there to get a paycheck, then he should say something because by default, they are dragging the product down. Konnan is part of the creative team on Impact and last appeared on AEW in June, besides his podcast. Not only that but what about 30 years or so in the business, as well as running a few promotions. So, I think he may have a little more knowledge than someone sprouting on a message board. Unless you are one of the ones he was talking about...
    Last edited by krazijoe; 12-19-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't see it either, but also I have noticed that the WWE HOF pretty much lets anyone in given enough time, hence making me think it's near pointless to question its admissions since there is little rhyme or reason to any of it.
    I think Mero is one of the more memorable midcarders of his era. I've always remembered him for his run as marvelous Marc Mero and his time as Johnny B Badd was fun. He is more hof worthy than Koko b ware, and Johnny rodz

If they are underperforming they shouldn't have their job. Tony Khan isn't running a charity. If those guys can't be serious about their livelihood they shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Mero is one of the more memorable midcarders of his era. I've always remembered him for his run as marvelous Marc Mero and his time as Johnny B Badd was fun. He is more hof worthy than Koko b ware, and Johnny rodz
    I can understand Koko. It wasn't easy being a minority back then in wrestling, or in general. But his charisma got the fans to love him and he turned it into a lucrative career. Marc Mero...Well, he was good at Boxing...Had a good Valet for a bit, and could put on a good show besides that, Marc's career was kind of forgettable...

Mandy Rose's agent said she made $500K on her FanTime page since being released last week. Mandy getting the bag

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/20/forme...ousand-firing/

Extraordinary Member

It is kinda sad she's making more $$$ doing that than being NXT Champ. Billion dollar company smh...

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It is kinda sad she's making more $$$ doing that than being NXT Champ. Billion dollar company smh...
    No, she is not worth 500K.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't expect her to make that kind of money being in the developmental brand. She'll need to be horsewoman level to earn that much

Imagine talking all that shit about Meltzer only to turn around and try to use Konnan of all people as a trusted source.
    but more importantly, what does disco think??

like i was saying i think people forget that aew isn't a development show. if some younger guys want to learn from some vets great, but if they don't that's fine too. i'm not going to judge how they spend their downtime at work unless they're doing something that's not allowed.

RAW was really good this week.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Corny on Vince seeking to return: (very brief excerpts)
    "[S]omeone got to [Vince] with how serious it was, and it is going to be bad if something doesn’t happen, and he acquiesced to it. And in probably whatever point in time that after that, however quickly it was that he started getting bored, and or ruminating about it. And now he wants something to f*cking do. And you cannot stop Vince McMahon, like I said, from either working or working on a way to start working again.

But at least [WWE is] trying to do something to get out of that goofy funk that they were in the last little while with Vince. And so yeah, I don’t see a lot of the guys wanting [a Vince McMahon return].

But I think the guys that were there and having to buck up under all that stuff. I think no, I think Vince for PR, for creative and potentially just for hiring, he needs to be separated from that situation.”
    https://tjrwrestling.net/news/jim-co...returning-wwe/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-21-2022 at 07:37 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Somebody had better pay The Briscoes a royalty for that one...

loved the main event of dynamite. i knew hayter could be a star from the 1st time i saw her which funny enough was in a match against brit baker. looking forward to ricky vs JAS, trios match was fun. mox promo was great, very into the feud with hangman. not into brianson/mjf, hook squash matches do nothing for me and as much as i like keith lee & swerve the segment with rich ross was shit, like jade cargill bad.