Page 547 of 902 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cole I respect because he never seemed to be part of the whole trying to paint each side as bad. Unlike a lot of roster trying to score brownie points with EVPs...Cole hasn't really mentioned it.

Punk himself brought up Cole during the Scrum and praised him wanting him to return. It's likely Punk wanted to work with him at some point.
    says a lot imo that punk praised both cole and his girl britt but neither had anything nice to say about him.
    speaking of britt, she once said “What’s so toxic is when somebody thinks they’re bigger than the company or that the company needs them,” Baker revealed. “There’s literally no one in AEW that they need, other than Tony Khan to survive. Everybody can be replaced."

In the end talent wise they need Cole in main event scene. Just hope he stays healthy.
    he'd be great in the main event scene but again "need" is an overstatement. people thought they needed punk, they don't. they have plenty of talent waiting for an opportunity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    says a lot imo that punk praised both cole and his girl britt but neither had anything nice to say about him.
    speaking of britt, she once said “What’s so toxic is when somebody thinks they’re bigger than the company or that the company needs them,” Baker revealed. “There’s literally no one in AEW that they need, other than Tony Khan to survive. Everybody can be replaced."

he'd be great in the main event scene but again "need" is an overstatement. people thought they needed punk, they don't. they have plenty of talent waiting for an opportunity.
    You can have a roster of talent and unless they are over enough it won't matter.

Britt being 2 faced to likely eat Punk up to his face and then slam him isn't shocking. She seemed to have nothing to say for months and gladly accepted his Christmas gift of the cards he gave the entire female roster.

But as we saw with Dax and heat he took...sometimes the truth hurts a lot of them backstage.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I can believe the Saudi sale rumors mostly from his "lethal dose" promo, the idea that Vince would rather kill his creation than let others take it away from him.

You can have a roster of talent and unless they are over enough it won't matter.
    they either are or can be with like 2-3 weeks of build. the pool is deep.

Britt being 2 faced to likely eat Punk up to his face and then slam him isn't shocking. She seemed to have nothing to say for months and gladly accepted his Christmas gift of the cards he gave the entire female roster.

But as we saw with Dax and heat he took...sometimes the truth hurts a lot of them backstage.
    i thought those gifts were anonymous??

maybe the truth is what multiple sources have said for multiple years, punk is a shitty backstage presence.

Speaking of Dax...he just posted this about AEW allowing them to take time off....til at least April. Dax sells FTR is taking a break...til April. They maybe back on AEW TV earlier...but they are shooting for April.

Could we see them with Punk then ? Hmmm...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

they either are or can be with like 2-3 weeks of build. the pool is deep.

i thought those gifts were anonymous??

maybe the truth is what multiple sources have said for multiple years, punk is a shitty backstage presence.
    Or the truth as we're learning is there is a lot of folks not happy someone comes in as a top star. Because again Dax is taking heat and even he admits he never witnessed the fight but he said its a little bit of both he feels. Yet him appealing for guys to work together etc gets him heat backstage lol.

The cards were anonymous as your right. But this was weeks ago it was revealed by Dax he did it. I'm sure Baker would feel some shame...the Man she blasted ..literally thought enough of the people he really didn't know to do that. But my point stands...he praised hee in promos and she saw him backstage and took that moment to blast him.

I respect Cole ...he at least didn't do that.

Speaking of Dax again ...he FIRED off on Road Dogg (who weeks ago proclaimed he was better than Bret Hart) who he feels was untruthful on things said about him.

Dax brings up the American Alpha match and how he didn't disrespect Road Dogg when they were plotting the match. That Road Dogg knows that as a veteran with years more than what Gable and Jordan had then ...it was his responsibility to call the match in Dallas. That he took ideas they had too and pieced them all together for match. Road Dogg suggested something and he thanked him , but the story they had to tell couldn't use that then.

Then Fax brings up the 25th anniversary deal and usually the guys always thank the others for helping them backstage and doing a job like so. That its considered a nice thing that people do. That he somehow turned it around to try and paint Dax and Cash as ungrateful etc. That wasn't the case.

The final deal was a tweet where Road Dogg got mad at Revival and tweeted how he'd keep them off the main roster. Dax is like we have the tweet you posted then. Road Dogg was head Smackdown writer at the time.

Or the truth as we're learning is there is a lot of folks not happy someone comes in as a top star. Because again Dax is taking heat and even he admits he never witnessed the fight but he said its a little bit of both he feels. Yet him appealing for guys to work together etc gets him heat backstage lol.
    how does one of those things make the other not true??

The cards were anonymous as your right. But this was weeks ago it was revealed by Dax he did it. I'm sure Baker would feel some shame...the Man she blasted ..literally thought enough of the people he really didn't know to do that. But my point stands...he praised hee in promos and she saw him backstage and took that moment to blast him.
    if they were anonymous how did dax know?? almost sounds like backstage politics.

so brit is supposed be ashamed to tell the truth because somebody bought her a gift card?? my boss at my old job gave me turkey for thanksgiving, he was still a total dickhole and i have no shame in saying so.

I respect Cole ...he at least didn't do that.
    notice he didn't speak up for punk either, neither did moxley, claudio, joe, brianson, christian or anybody else who had known punk for more than a few years. but hey he has dax, and they go way back all the way to like 2021.

to the shock of none, the plot thickens.

notice he didn't speak up for punk either, neither did moxley, claudio, joe, brianson, christian or anybody else who had known punk for more than a few years. but hey he has dax, and they go way back all the way to like 2021.

Dax mentioned the guys Punk was close with. A reason they won't speak up is ...Dax did and he's already facing heat and his comments were very much nothing negative at all. Its a "We all can work together for the business.." essentially. . There is likely more back there who would say , no he's not all that bad... but can't. Due to heat it will bring.

So Vince's return has finally had an Investor lawsuit happen. The claims are he installed himself illegally to the board and his threats of hurting TV negotiations led to this.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/esg/vi...qDi_5x8twuryd4

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Its nice that Adam Cole got cleared. AEW needs the guy.
    One of the best segments of the Dynamite. Cole can definitely add to main or midcard scene....Darby, Kenny, Sammy, Danielson, MJF, etc could all benefit from matches/feuds with Adam Cole.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

So Vince's return has finally had an Investor lawsuit happen.
    The dangers of being a public company. Being a Delaware lawsuit, I guesstimate it will hard to win such a lawsuit given the state's likely pervasive pro-corporate-freedom attitude. I figure they'll look less deeply into Vince's action and if he followed all the proper procedures (which he likely did), then he'll be good to go.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-12-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Dax mentioned the guys Punk was close with.
    and which of those guys had known punk for 2yrs or more??

A reason they won't speak up is ...Dax did and he's already facing heat and his comments were very much nothing negative at all. Its a "We all can work together for the business.." essentially. . There is likely more back there who would say , no he's not all that bad... but can't. Due to heat it will bring.
    i really doubt moxley, claudio, joe, or brianson are worried about backstage heat. and that's not even mentioning big show, mark henry, billy gunn, christopher daniels, etc etc

On the topic of AEW/a Khan buying WWE:
    While on "83 Weeks," wrestling podcaster/promoter Conrad Thompson addressed the possibility of Khan purchasing WWE as he did Ring of Honor. "I got two phone calls last week from different people who, well, they're names in the wrestling community," Thompson said. "'Would Tony Khan have the capacity to buy WWE?' And, I think the answer is, yes, he has the capacity. There is no question that he would be able to put together a deal. But, I would just, I would put the odds of that being near zero. Like what would be, I don't know why Tony Khan would do that. I don't see the upside of Tony Khan doing that."

Any sale of WWE would likely see the buyer pay an enormous amount of money, and WWE Hall of Famer Eric Bischoff questioned if the plausible purchase by Khan would make sense. "How much of your 11 billion dollars of your net worth — depending on how much of it is even liquid — are you willing to put on WWE? ... You've got the Jags, you've got a football team in England, you've got AEW, I don't know what other businesses they're in, but do you really, really want to do that?"
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1162397...would-buy-wwe/

The only quibble I have with this Conrad Thompson (or Bischoff) is that the "upside" is rather obvious, it's that WWE rakes in a lot of money (via name recognition, entrenched cultural significance, access to public market capital, streaming, etc).
    I agree that it is probably far-fetched to see Tony or his dad buying WWE, but only because they have a comfortable little slice of the wrestling market already. But honestly, AEW could close up (and no one would lose too much sleep, since AEW talent could simply be moved over to WWE) if the Khans bought WWE because WWE would be a much better property to have probably (especially when you think like super long term like generations ahead). In the wrestling-world relative sense, WWE is Disney, so who wouldn't really consider purchasing Disney if they had the means and had a long enough term perspective regarding any shorter-term financial sacrifice to family wealth?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-12-2023 at 09:04 AM.