Page 549 of 902 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Doesn't rhyme so well.

But an interesting development indeed with AEW's interest. Might be some irony in AEW (sorta aligned in business with Turner-founded-though-now-non-Turner companies) merging with/buying WWE.

AEW still seems like a doubtful long shot to me. Though it might make sense for Vince if Vince wants to be especially sure WWE is in the hands of someone who truly loves or understands the business.
    The problem is Vince doesn't love the wrestling business, doesn't want to understand the wrestling business, and wouldn't be able to stand letting someone else prove him wrong or do better than him by taking his sports entertainment company and making it a more successful wrestling company.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The problem is Vince doesn't love the wrestling business, doesn't want to understand the wrestling business, and wouldn't be able to stand letting someone else prove him wrong or do better than him by taking his sports entertainment company and making it a more successful wrestling company.
    Better perhaps the devil you know than the devil you don't. Who knows what Disney or ESPN might do regarding "sports entertainment" (vs "wrestling")? Vince might possibly think along those lines. Tony and his dad might very well vow to continue "sports entertainment" for Vince (possibly with Vince in charge).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

WSJ and CNBC have stuff up about the Khan's merging with WWE via the Barron's valuation report.

They also commented on the Saudi rumor.

Only thing substantial was that Vince will only sell if he's in complete PRIVATE control or gets nearly 60% of the money from the buyout.

JP told WWE a merger makes more sense than an outright sale. Peacock, Disney, et al don't want Vince near it and his grand return has hurt TV deals even with FOX as they now have no competition and can offer anywhere from 50-75% less.

Seems his ego got the better of him finally.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2023 at 09:18 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    JP told WWE a merger makes more sense than an outright sale. Peacock, Disney, et al don't want Vince near it
    See this is where I think the Khans might have an advantage (of a nonfinancial variety), they're smaller and not a public company and so might possibly have more flexibility they can offer regarding allowing Vince concessions he wants. The Khans might be more willing to take the flak for shouldering Vince some for a period of time (if that's indeed what Vince seeks).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2023 at 10:36 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    See this is where I think the Khans might have an advantage (of a nonfinancial variety), they're smaller and not a public company and so might possibly have more flexibility they can offer regarding allowing Vince concessions he wants. The Khans might be more willing to take the flak for shouldering Vince some for a period of time (if that's what Vince seeks).
    I agree.

So would the KSA's Saudi Investment Fund.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Impact Wrestling's "Hard to Kill" PPV is tonight. The Full Metal Mayhem match for the world title between Josh Alexander and Bully Ray will be the opening match while The Knockouts Championship match Between Mickie James and Jordynne Grace will the main event. It's also Mickie's 200th match in Impact Wrestling

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Vince could be sold on Wrestlemania becoming a true Super Bowl if the Khans keep WWE and AEW separate. Merging both makes no sense and you can sell "super cards" of the 2 every year

But the Khans can keep Vince in a role and likely HHH. Let's be honest...Trips and NXT helped AEW a lot with that NXT talent.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's kinda interesting how WWE's stock price is kinda supporting Vince for now and how it could perhaps undo him (even tho one shareholder suit commenced for reasons not connected to the stock price):
    Had McMahon come back and the stock dropped, the shareholder lawsuits likely would have been filed immediately—so he pulled two moves that almost guaranteed the stock would not drop. The first was coming back with the intent to sell the company, and the second was bringing back two people (Barrios and Wilson) Wall Street previously held a favorable view of to ensure a steady transition and the best terms for a sale. That caused a jump in the stock—from $72.04 per share on Jan. 5, the day before McMahon announced his intention to return, to $89.34 per share at the close of business Thursday—so there was no reason to sue. If the stock goes below where it was before this announcement, then the lawsuits could start—but the stock price is currently higher than it has been since April 2019.
    https://www.woodtv.com/sports/sports...-of-wwe-again/

One maybe wonders what if Machiavellian Vince is essentially lying about selling WWE, trying to scheme up a dilatory way to keep the stock price up but not sell, and his master plan all along is to stay in charge via a high stock price keeping at bay more shareholder lawsuits. Problem is: the higher stock price is almost certainly due to the expectation of a sale (or merger, etc)...if the market smells deception, then a precipitous fall could happen
    (most likely, Vince isn't lying, because my point kinda is that Vince is being somewhat forced to sell/merge)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Impact Wrestling's "Hard to Kill" PPV is tonight. The Full Metal Mayhem match for the world title between Josh Alexander and Bully Ray will be the opening match while The Knockouts Championship match Between Mickie James and Jordynne Grace will the main event. It's also Mickie's 200th match in Impact Wrestling
    I believe this will be Mickie's final Impact Wrestling match. That she's going to retire or do semi retirement because she feels she has nothing left to prove anymore.

It's hard to believe she's went so long. 20+ years is a hell of a run and she won everywhere she went.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    WSJ and CNBC have stuff up about the Khan's merging with WWE via the Barron's valuation report.

They also commented on the Saudi rumor.

Only thing substantial was that Vince will only sell if he's in complete PRIVATE control or gets nearly 60% of the money from the buyout.

JP told WWE a merger makes more sense than an outright sale. Peacock, Disney, et al don't want Vince near it and his grand return has hurt TV deals even with FOX as they now have no competition and can offer anywhere from 50-75% less.

Seems his ego got the better of him finally.
    I don't see how a merger makes sense. The WWE is the leader in their market. Companies merge to get in better competitive positions. None of the existing wrestling companies are on the WWE level. The company would not gain if it merged with AEW if the Khan's buy it.

Becky Lynch and the Undertaker become skins for Rainbow Six Siege

https://vxtwitter.com/IGN/status/161...tipelAbIQ&s=19

According to Bleeding Cool...

- Stephanie wanted to run the company and felt she had earned that right. The prior board supported her in letting her run the company.

- She quit once she learned Vince planned to sell it from under her. Her and Hunter had no plans to sell the WWE and planned on running it.

- A talent meeting will be held today which could not be a good sign as it's Friday and they may wanna drop some negative news then. (I have to wonder if it's HHH quitting too)

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/wwe-sale...edium=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to Bleeding Cool...

- Stephanie wanted to run the company and felt she had earned that right. The prior board supported her in letting her run the company.

- She quit once she learned Vince planned to sell it from under her. Her and Hunter had no plans to sell the WWE and planned on running it.

- A talent meeting will be held today which could not be a good sign as it's Friday and they may wanna drop some negative news then. (I have to wonder if it's HHH quitting too)

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/wwe-sale...edium=facebook
    Supposedly the meeting was HHH ensuring that creative will not change. We'll see.

A WWE fantasy sell...

- It's weeks later...Shiad Khan with his son has put together a group of buyers for WWE. At the press conference introducing the Khan ownership Vince McMahon details the reasoning ahead.

"I'm near 80 years old now. I spent my life building this company and dreams I have for it all. It's always been...how do I walk away in the end ?"

"There was a lot of great offers. Disney , Viacom and Comcast all made great offers. Then the Khan family contacted me."

Vince details how in Tony Khan he saw a near young version of himself. That he decided the WWE needed a young driven man and not a corporation owning it.

- After a hand shake passing of the torch It's revealed Vince has a place on Khan's group as he days later pays an investor for his piece. The company is now private owned and Vince agreed to it with that stipulation he get to be a minority owner still. Also he will be placed in charge over seeing HHH who is on creative.

- Tony days after buying the company has a talent meeting with everyone on both rosters. He makes a point that there will be no merger. WWE will stay as it was. Talent however can show up in AEW or WWE. Tony sells AEWs working relationships with Japan and Mexico. That he wants that for WWE.

- As he continues ..Wrestlemania will become a Super Bowl event now. Guys like John Cena , Kevin Owen's, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins will face top AEW stars like MJF , Kenny Omega , Ricky Starks and others at the big PPV. To create a Super Bowl type event once a year.

- AEW keeps the WWE Network and uses the AEW/WWE Network. Khan will put AEW and ROH on the Peacock service.

Julia Hart is also worth twice her weight in gold.

That was a solid laugh.