Page 551 of 902 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Vince is back in the office and "suggesting" changes

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...tvmoLw-gQ&s=19

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Vince is back in the office and "suggesting" changes

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...tvmoLw-gQ&s=19
    Shadow running of creative via puppet Triple H?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Khan's are interested in merging AEW with WWE.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/12/aew-...rging-wwe.html
    that's sounds interesting, but I highly doubt it'll happen

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Shadow running of creative via puppet Triple H?
    with Vince, it was never about selling the company, it was all about regaining absolute power within the company

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    with Vince, it was never about selling the company, it was all about regaining absolute power within the company
    Agree. He pretty much came back to finish murdering his company.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly I would love if AEW did a huge work with Punk and Elite. It would hit Brian Pillman levels of being a masterful job of working the dirt sheets in an Era now where few things get worked.

AEW needs a major big angle right now. MJF acting to hold the belt til 2024 is nice as a storyline. But it's not the big EPIC one they need to have the a number of stars invested.

If they want Punk to do a heel turn...I'd say the best way is to align him with MJF as his mentor role. You have to get Punk heel heat and having them both pal around onscreen works.

Odds are people will pop for Punk and Max though as they do heelish things. Like a NWO deal with Hall & Nash lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Per SEC filing, the Executive Chairman [Vince McMahon] no longer needs approval from WWE stockholders for any action he wishes to take, as of Jan 16, 2023.
    https://tjrwrestling.net/news/vince-...-wwe-approval/

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Per SEC filing, the Executive Chairman [Vince McMahon] no longer needs approval from WWE stockholders for any action he wishes to take, as of Jan 16, 2023.
    https://tjrwrestling.net/news/vince-...-wwe-approval/
    uggggghhhh, that means things are about to get much, much worse

Another WWE shareholder lawsuit, basically identical to the first (breach of fiduciary duty by impermissibly violating Board's control of WWE), interesting excerpt:
    [S]tockholder litigation can take time to play out in court. The two [civil lawsuits] could complicate any sale and require contractual assurances that may alter the sale price.
    https://www.sportico.com/law/analysi...rs-1234701386/

In some alarming news people are concerned about Kevin Nash. His recent comments on his podcast about his son being gone 12 weeks with statements about guns and how he sits up in bed and has nothing to do and why get up ?

Pretty sad and people are worried for Nash .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jay Briscoe died in a car accident.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/...414907393?s=19

That's crazy. RIP to dat boy

That is sad. Jay Briscoe deserved a run in WWE and AEW with his brother. They were told they didn't have a good look for WWE in 2000's and then the comments made kept them off AEW TV . Its sad...the best tag team that never could get that chance.

RIP Jay Briscoe. DEM BOYS were great.

Absolute shame about Jay. He'd made some mistakes in the past, but he really seemed like one of the few people that learned from his mistakes and became a better person for it. That on top of being part of arguably one of the greatest tag teams of all time.

Extremely tragic.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Honestly I think this would be the best move to honor the Briscoe's.

- Khan should get permission for Mark Briscoe to be there. He likely can get it for just Mark to be there.

- Detail that the Ring of Honor World Tag team titles will now be retired and the Briscoe Brothers will be considered the final champions ever of that. Moving forward there will only be a 6 man World Tag team championship in Ring of Honor. Only teams of 3 will compete in ROH. Like the Embassy and a few others Khan can put together in groups.

- Mark Briscoe will move into singles. Either in AEW or Ring of Honor. To carry the Briscoe name on.

- Khan then needs to say that there is a thing that Jim Crockett had called the Crockett Cup for tag teams. In the summer of 2023 they will have the Briscoe Cup in honor of Jay Briscoe. The best tag teams around the world will compete in it.

So sad to hear about Jay's passing. I remember watching one of his single matches back in the day on a ROH DVD.

He and Mark always put on incredible matches. Without a doubt, they are ROH's best tag team ever. They definitely rank up there as one of the best tag teams in professional wrestling. But I'm sure many of us here are fans because of his and Jay's promos and vignettes. Wow, those vignettes were raw, real, passionate, scary, dirty, and hilarious, sometimes all at the same time. Still think about the back and forth the Briscoes had with the Hardys. Or as Super mentioned, the "cosmetically pleasing" promo.

However, behind the crazy, redneck persona, I think Jay was a devoted father who loved his family. I remember during an interview he did with Sam Roberts he was pretty chill and hopeful to be in the WWE, especially since his son loved watching John Cena.

Thanks Jay. For a lot of great memories.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."